Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Draft Order/Tracker - Current Pick #16

zCommander

10 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah there's enough talent here to win ~7 games. I mean we won 7 with basically bottom 3 QB play this year. I can't imagine Howell for example over a 17 game season with a full off season to prepare being that much worse. 

That's why I wouldn't mind trading up for a QB either, if there is one we really love that has a high ceiling. Someone with real star potential. We really need to get the position figured out long term.

They had a lot of things go their way this year and not many things go against them. They were also fairly healthy. With some cuts and trade of people you dont figure to be here in the next 2-3 years you could have a really bad team with out losing really any of the main core. Fuller Thomas the entire Oline minus Cosmi Fuller Curtis. Trade Sweat and Gibson. Let Payne walk. Dont resign Holcomb. You draft some high ceiling guys that need some experience that arent going to contribute much year 1 in 2023.  

You play Howell the entire year with that bad Oline and let him be your tank commander. Do very little in FA. Re sign Curl and front load some salaries. It could easily be a bottom 3 offense next year. With a mediocre to decent defense.

Essentially youre Broncos this year who have a top 3 pick. Youre still keeping nearly the entirety of your Core minus Payne and Gibson. Gibson even with a new staff I think is gone regardless. 

On 1/3/2023 at 10:41 PM, method man said:

A potential lockdown CB1 is not a luxury. Imagine Gonzalez on one side and the Juice on the other side. It'll be helpful to have two stud corners to go against dynamic duos like Aiyuk/Deebo, Metcalf/Lockett, Hopkins/Hollywood, Devonta/AJ Brown, Diggs/Davis and Hill/Waddle in 2024 and will allow them to go more man, which they can't do with Fuller.

You’re right. If he is there you kinda gotta turn that card in for Gonzalez, right?

it definitely seems like the right year to build the oline, though. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

The smart move is to bundle as many 2023 picks, players etc. for high picks in the 2024 "once every 20 years QB draft".

That way we can start "Sammy the Flapmaster" in '23.

If he plays well we either got us more trade bait or a potential starting QB.

If he stinks up the joint we end up with a top 10 pick that we can use or add to a package to trade up into the top 3.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

15 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

The smart move is to bundle as many 2023 picks, players etc. for high picks in the 2024 "once every 20 years QB draft".

That way we can start "Sammy the Flapmaster" in '23.

If he plays well we either got us more trade bait or a potential starting QB.

If he stinks up the joint we end up with a top 10 pick that we can use or add to a package to trade up into the top 3.

This would be great but as we've been saying RR and his people do not have that year to wait, they can't afford to trade out of the first as their jobs are on the line.  

• Sad 1

On 1/4/2023 at 2:50 AM, Playaction2Sanders said:

I think you trade back at 14 to the mid 20's and grab Gibbs from Bama. I know, that gives us 3 rbs but he is your return threat we've lacked. When GIbson leaves you have his replacement. with the picks get from trading back, address backup center with someone who can also play guard, LB, corner, DT depth. 

Sign Payne! no depth needed. Draft a couple QB's, 

On 1/3/2023 at 11:15 AM, Zim489 said:

Just roll with Howell and XXX back up for the year and position yourself as best as you can for the better 24 draft. 

Check, Keep the D in tack add through the draft. Failures keep adding up at QB and time for a Tubbie redo. The QB we picked up off the streets has played better then the high priced over the hill cast offs we signed. 

On 1/3/2023 at 9:22 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

If we are winning 7 games with this O line and Heinicke-Wentz, I don't think an off season of upgrades and improving the QB spot even if it ends up just minor improvements, will result in a 3-14 season or whatever it takes to land Caleb Williams.

If we were the Texans or the Bears or a team like that, I'd get it.  But this defense -running game -- receiving corp is too good to end up the worst team in the NFL IMO.  

It sounds cool in theory, I love the theory too but it feels like fantasy land.  I like though the idea of accumulating draft capital in general in really every draft if possible so I am on board with the philosophy but I'd be floored if we are in position to land Caleb or Drake.   I don't think this team is capable of sucking to finishing top 2 in next years draft.  And teams that have a chance to draft marquee QBs, rarely trade out of the pick.

We may get there if Payne and Sweat are let go to sign another cast off QB.

On 1/4/2023 at 8:51 AM, Zim489 said:

They had a lot of things go their way this year and not many things go against them. They were also fairly healthy. With some cuts and trade of people you dont figure to be here in the next 2-3 years you could have a really bad team with out losing really any of the main core. Fuller Thomas the entire Oline minus Cosmi Fuller Curtis. Trade Sweat and Gibson. Let Payne walk. Dont resign Holcomb. You draft some high ceiling guys that need some experience that arent going to contribute much year 1 in 2023.  

You play Howell the entire year with that bad Oline and let him be your tank commander. Do very little in FA. Re sign Curl and front load some salaries. It could easily be a bottom 3 offense next year. With a mediocre to decent defense.

Essentially youre Broncos this year who have a top 3 pick. Youre still keeping nearly the entirety of your Core minus Payne and Gibson. Gibson even with a new staff I think is gone regardless. 

Mistake letting your best D player this year go, in his prime. He can be paid but do not blow your wad on another high price cast off QB. Wentz,logan,Norwell, Lucas, Charles, Mline, should be first cuts. Resign Curl too, draft another CB, RB,TE,OL LB  with first pick or trade down if it makes the team better, even trade down if better value. No reaching for a QB either. No tanking either, need a new approach for a QB, sit back maybe let the QB come to you go with what you got.

Edited by skinsfan66

21 hours ago, skinsfan66 said:

Mistake letting your best D player this year go, in his prime. He can be paid but do not blow your wad on another high price cast off QB. Wentz,logan,Norwell, Lucas, Charles, Mline, should be first cuts. Resign Curl too, draft another CB, RB,TE,OL LB  with first pick or trade down if it makes the team better, even trade down if better value. No reaching for a QB either. No tanking either, need a new approach for a QB, sit back maybe let the QB come to you go with what you got.

Why do posters continue to propose a RB with the first round pick?  This is a position that can be filled later in the draft and this is not a need position.  

• Like 3

22 hours ago, skinsfan66 said:

Why cut Lucas? He's easily our best backup offensive lineman, if Schweitzer is starting. That would really hurt our depth.

• Like 1

RB might be the worst value you can get in the 1st round(besides obviously K/P). Most only last 4-5 years and the position is heavily reliant on the guys around them, more than any other.

Man if we could somehow end up with a top 10 pick that would be awesome. I think we'd have a legit shot at a QB then(although would still likely have to trade up).

• Like 3

So last night we would have preferred the Titans to win, right?   If we lose this week, and the Titans had won and the Jaguars had lost, both would pick after us.   Now we are locked in with a better record than the Titans even if we lose.   So is the best we can do 11th now?

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, philibusters said:

So last night we would have preferred the Titans to win, right?   If we lose this week, and the Titans had won and the Jaguars had lost, both would pick after us.   Now we are locked in with a better record than the Titans even if we lose.   So is the best we can do 11th now?

Correct. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Feels like we end up picking 13.  The only match up I like is Saints-Panthers and even that one I don't love.  I doubt the Jets beat Miami or the Browns beat the Steelers.  But fingers crossed. 

That's what I'm thinking as well.  Hoping Jets have it in them too, but I don't see the Browns pulling it off.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2023 at 7:35 AM, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Why cut Lucas? He's easily our best backup offensive lineman, if Schweitzer is starting. That would really hurt our depth.

Scratch Lucas from the list then then ,just a list of players that could be cut and best value in return for what they are paid.