Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Draft Order/Tracker - Current Pick #16

zCommander

Hated this rebrand, absolutely hate this new mascot and logo, and have absolutely zero confidence in the front office and coaching staff.  The season is off to a horrible start and the schedule doesn't really let up at any point in the year.

This needs to be a tank year and everyone, and I mean every single person--from Snyder to Jason Wright to Rivera to Hurney/Mayhew on down to the freaking quality control assistants--needs to be fired.

We need new ownership and a new mascot, and we need to rebuild the football org by starting with a GM.

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

Eagles being at 3 is an utter nightmare...

They can control who gets a QB in front of us. 

Just now, Going Commando said:

This needs to be a tank year and everyone, and I mean every single person--from Snyder to Jason Wright to Rivera to Hurney/Mayhew on down to the freaking quality control assistants--needs to be fired.

They need to start selling off. They have to finish top 2. Id keep Mayhew through the draft season but have a new GM above him for the time being. After that the new GM can build his entire new staff. 

1 minute ago, Zim489 said:

Roseman is an absolute wizard who continues to milk moving up a few spots by tanking in a meaningless game against this team in 2020. That NO pick originates from that original 2020 pick I believe

1 minute ago, method man said:

Roseman is an absolute wizard who continues to milk moving up a few spots by tanking in a meaningless game against this team in 2020. That NO pick originates from that original 2020 pick I believe

Yup. They attack success. They are always looking to gouge some one. They arent afraid of taking one step back if it means taking 2 or more steps forward. 

• Like 1

Lotta football left to play. No way the Raiders and Saints both finish that poorly. 

I actually think we have a legit shot at a top 3 pick though. Been watching a lot of Red Zone and the teams I see that are worse than us are the Texans, Panthers, and Colts. But the Panthers might be 2-2 after today and their division doesn't look that intimidating anymore. And the Colts and Texans are in a weak division too.

16 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Yup. They attack success. They are always looking to gouge some one. They arent afraid of taking one step back if it means taking 2 or more steps forward. 

In the meantime, Ron was so gung ho on winning a meaningless game against the Giants, resulting in us drafting Dotson (who I like) vs potential superstars in London and Wilson

Even if the goal were to trade down and get more picks, they would’ve gotten more moving down with the higher pick

Edited by method man
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

They need to start selling off. They have to finish top 2. Id keep Mayhew through the draft season but have a new GM above him for the time being. After that the new GM can build his entire new staff. 

Your are dreaming. You better prepare yourself for Martin to get permanent Gm gig.

Since Dan has money problems; he will go cheap, if he fires Ron.

Gm- he’ll boot everyone but Martin and make him the sole gm. Martin will then help Dan find a cheap coach.

You hope they luck out at qb next year.

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Lotta football left to play. No way the Raiders and Saints both finish that poorly. 

I actually think we have a legit shot at a top 3 pick though. Been watching a lot of Red Zone and the teams I see that are worse than us are the Texans, Panthers, and Colts. But the Panthers might be 2-2 after today and their division doesn't look that intimidating anymore. And the Colts and Texans are in a weak division too.

The Raiders are going to struggle in the AFC West.  But they will find a way to win 6-7 games.  

The Saints will get more wins than us in the end, which puts the Eagles behind us.

If the OL keeps up, we're not winning another game.  1-16 would get the #1 pick.  And I'm the optimistic guy... 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, FLSkinz83 said:

if the season is done by week 10, you have to bench Wentz to protect the 2nd round pick.   

Ron doesn’t think that way.

If we do move on from Ron; then time for a real rebuild. Trade away some key players. It’s going take 2-3 years and you will be wasting the prime of some players. Get assets for them now.

16 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We'll win some games because of the general randomness of the NFL but I think 3-14 is a possibility. 

Not with this OL.  

The Lions went 0-16. It can happen.  

If the OL play doesn't improve dramatically, there is not another win on the schedule.  It was that bad.

Now, it may improve.  But Rouiller isn't coming back, Schweitzer is hurt a lot, Turner sucks. Charles isn't much better.  Apparently there is this guy named Martin was starting at Center. 

Maybe Laron comes in and saves the day?  

They have who they have and they aren't very good, so until they improve, that's basically that.  

I do think the OL issues are magnified because we've played the best DL in the league in the Eagles followed up by a Cowboys team that leads the league in sacks with a freak of nature in Parsons. 

They're bad yes, but they've looked relatively worse playing against probably the two toughest matchups you can ask for. And in the first two weeks they played the #1 and #2 overall picks who were both Edge players.

10 minutes ago, GhostofSparta said:

Glad/sad to see I wasn't the only one to think of starting this thread this early in the season.

For the last 2 years I have started this in 1st week of October. Didn't think it would be this bad this early this year though. But here we are now. :(

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I do think the OL issues are magnified because we've played the best DL in the league in the Eagles followed up by a Cowboys team that leads the league in sacks with a freak of nature in Parsons. 

They're bad yes, but they've looked relatively worse playing against probably the two toughest matchups you can ask for. And in the first two weeks they played the #1 and #2 overall picks who were both Edge players.

This is true but they did not look really good against Detroit and Jacksonville. The Detroit de had I think 3 sacks. The oline is definitely a problem. It's definitely a step down from last year.

• zCommander changed the title to 2023 Draft Order/Tracker - Current Pick #7