Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Draft Order/Tracker - Current Pick #16

zCommander

• zCommander changed the title to 2023 Draft Order/Tracker - Current Pick #5

Rivera and this dumb staff is too proud to suck enough for a top 5 pick because it's damaging for their egos.  They'll rally the troops and get some meaningless wins which will slide out of the top 10 and they'll be drafting in the middle of the first round and this franchise will be stuck in the mediocrity that they been in for the last 3 years.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Rivera and this dumb staff is too proud to suck enough for a top 5 pick because it's damaging for their egos.  They'll rally the troops and get some meaningless wins which will slide out of the top 10 and they'll be drafting in the middle of the first round and this franchise will be stuck in the mediocrity that they been in for the last 3 years.

The roster and coaching might legitimately be bad enough that they'll lose on their own whether they intend to tank or not.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Its really too early to think about SoS but teams we should be rooting for regardless.

Carolina @ LAR Easy root for Carolina

Vegas vs Houston I think this is a root for Houston scenario. Vegas has other wins they can get

Detroit @ Dallas Hard root for Detroit. It helps us two fold. SoS lowers overall

Houston @ Vegas See above

Atlanta vs San Fran West to East 1 pm is never easy. A toss up with atl playing decently. Would be a big boon. 

New Orleans (dont want philly to have any leverage over us with trade scenarios) vs Cincy. Think Cincy gets back up on its horse...

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Man its so depressing already talking the draft and schedule game in early October. Even last year we stayed in it until after Thanksgiving.

It's a tradition with this franchise.  Being hopeful can only last so long.  This year, it only lasted one game.  That's what having Daniel Snyder has gotten you for the last 25+ years.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Man its so depressing already talking the draft and schedule game in early October. Even last year we stayed in it until after Thanksgiving.

Eh. We were 2-6 at one point last season. Draft talk started early then as well.

Now that I think about it, in Ron's first year, we were also 2-6 at one point....hm. There's a pattern here, but I just can't put my thumb on it...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

Eh. We were 2-6 at one point last season. Draft talk started early then as well.

Now that I think about it, in Ron's first year, we were also 2-6 at one point....hm. There's a pattern here, but I just can't put my thumb on it...

Yup. Both of those year I started the thread in first week of October. I thought this year it would be different but here we are now... lol

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Yup. Both of those year I started the thread in first week of October. I thought this year it would be different but here we are now... lol

"Ron, you're 15 years in, and for the 15th year in a row, the team has started 2-6. What do you think is wrong?" 

Ron: "It's the quarterback. Carson's been with us 12 years. He knows the system too well for his own goddamn good. Simple as that" 

2022-10-11-16-10-57-432.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

• zCommander changed the title to 2023 Draft Order/Tracker - Current Pick #7
2 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I want Santa to bring me a new owner down the Chimney for Christmas plus one of them new fangled 21st century quarterbacks that runs like Barry Sanders and throws like Dan Marino.

Pretty obvious we've been some very naughty boys and girls because ole Saint Nick came down our chimneys about 25 years ago,  took a dump in our stockings and named it Dan......Santa said Merry Christmas,  you Redskin fans, I just gave you the gift that keeps on giving.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

Pretty obvious we've been some very naughty boys and girls because ole Saint Nick came down our chimneys about 25 years ago,  took a dump in our stockings and named it Dan......Santa said Merry Christmas,  you Redskin fans, I just gave you the gift that keeps on giving.

You mean the gift that keeps on stinking! lol

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Currently picking 11th as arguably one of the 2-3 worst teams in the nfl feels great…

The only thing that we are consistent at is drafting anywhere between #7 and #12 Every. Freaking.  Year. Minus 2020 when we grabbed Young and well,  we know how that's working out so far lol

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

The only thing that we are consistent at is drafting anywhere between #7 and #12 Every. Freaking.  Year. Minus 2020 when we grabbed Young and well,  we know how that's working out so far lol

Rarely that high. Usually 10-16… constantly stuck in neutral 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

Currently picking 11th as arguably one of the 2-3 worst teams in the nfl feels great…

Gotta let the season play itself out. I'm confident we'll end up with a top 5 pick. I think our ceiling is #3 as Carolina and Houston will probably be the top 2.

• Thumb up 1

11 hours ago, Zim489 said:

We are going to lose tiebreakers because the Eagles, Cowboys, and Giants all being good means we will have a tough strength of schedule and SOS is the tiebreaker for draft position.

• Sad 1

• zCommander changed the title to 2023 Draft Order/Tracker - Current Pick #12
31 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Denver…..

schitts creek comedy GIF by CBC

The Seahawks got their 1st round pick so they must be doing summersaults now....and Pete is making out a list of potential franchise QB to get in the draft  :(

Edited by zCommander
  • Sad 1