Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Draft Order/Tracker - Current Pick #16

zCommander

1 hour ago, skinsfan66 said:

Scratch Lucas from the list then then ,just a list of players that could be cut and best value in return for what they are paid. 

Cuts:

Wentz, Logan and Charles are locks for me. (-32 mill saved)

With Trai Turner FA, I'm keeping Norwell until we get someone in FA or perhaps a 2nd/3rd round guard.  Unless his mmney is guaranteed sooner, then maybe I change my mind and do sooner.  I think the savings are ~2mill of the 5mill cap value.  Doing that March vs May /June doesn't seem to matter.  Take time to see who they get, then make the decision when you have a better answer.   (Maybe 2.3mill saved)

I think we should try to restructure/reduce Roulliers deal.   Look to draft a C/G option in 2nd/3rd and use health to determine Norwell fate (again depending on guarantees).  He has 2 big injuries hasn't played much in 2 years and has a 2024 roster bonus.  With little guaranteed money I could see him willing to do something like 2/14-16 or so up his guarantees but reduce his cap number.  ~3ish in savings??  Idk.

Milne is near the minimum.  You could cut him but any dude off the street will cost the same.  He's a guy you keep until camp and decide with roster cuts.  I get you may not want him on the team, but there isn't much value in making that decision until later since the roster goes to 90 in the offseason.  Injuries happen and keeping him doesn't impact anything at this point.

Fuller is the only other player I think you consider.  At #13-14 (my current draft pick guess) you may miss out on the best tackles and CB might make the most sense.  St. Juste and 1st rounder likely make 11.5 mill for Fuller too much, with 8.5 in savings for the cut. (8.5 mill)

Could add 45ish, to be around 62mill.  Payne and Curl cut some into that, but lots left after.  Probably 45 ironically as Curl 6ish, Payne 10ish hits year 1 likely.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CommDownMan said:

That's what I'm thinking as well.  Hoping Jets have it in them too, but I don't see the Browns pulling it off.

So far Saints leading, Browns leading, Jets tied. Fingers crossed.

Browns now tied.  lol

Would ties help us?

Think Im going to keep this going. I have started drinking so accuracy may suffer. Fair warning.

Jets Dolphins locked in a 3-3 no holds bared thriller in Manill...Miami.

Pitt now leading Browns 10-7.   49 seconds left for the Browns to score this half. Edge of seat stuff right here. 

Side note.. NE / Bills game a good one. 14-14

Halftime update

Jets tied

Saints lead by 7

Browns down by 3

Kinda digging the NFL Redzone

Panthers driving on the Saints. Panther score. tied game pending review and EP. Booties.

Saints still tied

Jets still tied though Miama driving.

Browns still halftime down 3

NE giving the Bills all they can handle

Steelers in red zone

Update

Jets losing 6-3  in a barnburner that makes the Commanders offense look pretty darn good

Browns down 13-7

Saints tied with Panthers

Not looking good for the Tuddys

Edited by Chris 44
  • Haha 1

Bumping for all the hundreds of folks following along

Update

Jets losing 6-3  in a barnburner that makes the Commanders offense look pretty darn good

Browns down 20-7

Saints tied with Panthers

Not looking good for the Tuddys

Update

Browns losing 20-14

Jets still tied 6-6

Saints  still tied 7-7

Edited by Chris 44

8 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

With the Titans, Saints, Panthers, Browns and potentially Jets, all on 7 with us is there a set score we need to lose by to start moving up the draft? It’s so confusing

They are all 7-10 and we're 7-9-1 with loss.  No moving up.

• Thumb up 1