Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washingburgh at Dallas

TK
Message added by TK,

2099317008_ScreenShot2022-10-02at4_12_04PM.thumb.png.6becb16f5bf4f6381d0eb60f17bb2d89.png

8 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Wentz is better than Taylor, but Taylor gives us a better chance to win with this O-Line.  

If we win with Taylor then what? We are not going to the playoffs or the SB this year or anytime soon. So you have to see what you have with Wentz first. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

30 minutes ago, Conn said:

He also stared down Terry on the endzone throw that Diggs blocked with his arm. Never looked anywhere else while the route developed 

IIRC Terry actually was open on that play but the ball was underthrown. I mean it would have taken a real good throw but he did show he can make that kinda throw when he hit Dotson on the TD.

28 minutes ago, PolarExpress said:

I don’t remember the Spurrier experience feeling this bad.  

The stretch at the end of the 2003 season with Tim Hasselbeck at QB was pretty brutal. Spurrier was checked out n more concerned about his golf game.

This is about as brutal tho. Last three games have just been awful. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I'm really surprised at the abuse Wentz is getting.   This is about 10% his fault.    Turner and O-Line is about 75%, Rivera's Guard decisions are 15% and Wentz is 10% 

I say Riveras guard decisions are half of the problem complete non sense signed washed up fodder from his Carolina days.

Edited by CjSuAvE22

Can we please can Chris Harris? What is he teaching these DB's and why does he keep shuffling WJ3 on the field PI after PI and blown coverage after blown coverage. Not only did he give up a TD and penalty yardage but he wiped a turnover off the board for a stupid holding penalty on 2nd and 17! Unbelievable that he was not benched. St Juste played better then WJ3 has ever played last week and we don't make a switch. I don't give a damn how much he is getting paid the guy is bringing down the unit big time!

• Like 1

So lets just rewind a bit here.  Ron has coached 11 complete seasons in the NFL.  Out of those 11 seasons, 8 of those seasons have resulted in 7 wins or less and 3 have been what you would call respectable.  He was fired by his former team because of losing.  And if you look at what they have done in Carolina since he left, he really did not leave a team that you could say was ready to win.  Probably half of the coaches he had on that staff he brought with him and goodness knows how many former Carolina players are and have been on this team.  And he also hired his former GM from Carolina.  So 73% of the time over 11 years, he has failed to win more than seven games.  Considering the old saying about the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results,(bringing all of your baggage from your previous unsuccessful stint) what should the fan base really have expected.  Throw in all of the distractions of the ownership scandals and you have even more hurdles to overcome.  Ron's past says he will get you 5 to 7 wins per season.  That is about what we are getting.  Some people say oh but Ron is changing the culture. Really?  As a fan of any team, I want the main aspect of the culture of my team to be a winning culture.  We are no closer to a winning culture here now than we were before Ron got here.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Wentz is exactly what I thought he was going to be.

Im super pissed at Ron and company for sitting out FA on the OL and not just hoarding OL.  We get a guy who you have to protect and the. You give him S.Charles, Turner,  Norwell, etc.

And Ron’s instinct is going to be to try to be more conservative.

I’ve been a Ron guy.  But I’m just about out in him.  This is inexcusable and was fairly predictable.

Yep, it comes down to coaching as much as the players.  Ron sees the deficiencies but doesn’t get with Turner to make a game plan to help in those weak areas.  Be it Wentz or the OL.

@Jumbo can we refresh or delete the Murf album photo of 2020 Fournette on the Stadium? Its grinding my nerves after losses and it seems like its a time for a refresh. How about a picture of Heinicke Carson or Dotson or someone else from that album. Thanks... this one

image.png.6bf029d595c57560733b1f4bdd2f9b58.png

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, glongest said:

Some people say oh but Ron is changing the culture. Really?  As a fan of any team, I want the main aspect of the culture of my team to be a winning culture.  We are no closer to a winning culture here now than we were before Ron got here.  

The culture here was a bit different than your traditional pro football team culture, as evidenced by the congressional hearings.  When he accepted the job, he had no idea how bad it was going to get.  Add the cancer.  It’s been anything but your normal head coaching gig.

I disagree that we are no closer to a winning culture.  I think cleaning up the org will help the next poor soul to think they will be the one to instill a winning culture.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, glongest said:

So lets just rewind a bit here.  Ron has coached 11 complete seasons in the NFL.  Out of those 11 seasons, 8 of those seasons have resulted in 7 wins or less and 3 have been what you would call respectable.  He was fired by his former team because of losing.  And if you look at what they have done in Carolina since he left, he really did not leave a team that you could say was ready to win.  Probably half of the coaches he had on that staff he brought with him and goodness knows how many former Carolina players are and have been on this team.  And he also hired his former GM from Carolina.  So 73% of the time over 11 years, he has failed to win more than seven games.  Considering the old saying about the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results,(bringing all of your baggage from your previous unsuccessful stint) what should the fan base really have expected.  Throw in all of the distractions of the ownership scandals and you have even more hurdles to overcome.  Ron's past says he will get you 5 to 7 wins per season.  That is about what we are getting.  Some people say oh but Ron is changing the culture. Really?  As a fan of any team, I want the main aspect of the culture of my team to be a winning culture.  We are no closer to a winning culture here now than we were before Ron got here.  

You are correct, if only it were that simple....BTW, if Dan does can Ron then who do we trust to hire the next head coach? 

21 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

You are correct, if only it were that simple....BTW, if Dan does can Ron then who do we trust to hire the next head coach? 

idk, we know no matter what it’s setup for failure, that’s valid—but simultaneously I think we can probably lose most of our games after consistently going into halftime down by double digits with any coaching regime. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, PolarExpress said:

I watch every game that’s broadcast, and wonder why other teams make it look easy.

Cause we ****ing suck total ass.  You are right too.  Watching ANY other game, it looks like it's another league.  We play at a completely different speed that is much slower.  

We are literally the worst ****ing team in the league.  

14 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

So sick of the officiating..Brady throws what is clearly intentional grounding and there are crickets. Unreal

Yeah, we lost today because of the refs.

**** outta here.

• Like 1

I feel like Carson has officially entered the happy feet zone.  Not quite deer in the headlights aka Patrick Ramsey Zone. Or was it Heath Shuler.

I wish a beatnik would press Ron or Turner on why no audibles are ever used including on 3rd and short when the D is lined up to totally stuff it. I think Dallas packed 8 and the pattern was full yet Gibson still forced to run Turners circus stunt flyby. I want some Dave Butz.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As much as i can't stand Dan.  I do think he can "luck" into success.  I wouldn't bet money on it.  But I am not one of those people who think if they drafted Aaron 

Rodgers he'd still fail here.

Rodgers would probably be the prequel to Cousins and get us a 3rd while he goes somewhere else. Gibbs would have started Brunell over him for 2 years either way. Then Zorn, lol. His 5th year would have been the year before Shanahan was hired so he'd be gone.