Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washingburgh at Dallas

TK
Message added by TK,

2099317008_ScreenShot2022-10-02at4_12_04PM.thumb.png.6becb16f5bf4f6381d0eb60f17bb2d89.png

5 minutes ago, Destino said:

You realize we can see the lineman getting beat right?  The line is garbage, and it’s garbage because we massively downgraded the talent.

I wasn't even talking about the sacks. I was talking about the play where he backpedaled into a sack, then dumped it off to nobody. 

1 minute ago, AJ* said:

How about go anywhere except in the hands of the defense?

How about there’s no where to go on a screen. It’s designed to drop back and dump to the screen guy. There generally aren’t other receivers and the OL is supposed to hold their blocks for a 2-3 count and then release.

They forgot the hold the blocks part and Wentz had no where to go. If he throws it somewhere else it’s grounding and then a bunch of you are still crying about it. Or maybe a pick. Is that a better choice?

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

This is fair. However, a lot of people are very adamant that they do know what they are seeing and it makes it very difficult to take them seriously.

Our OL is horrendous. It’s not good at run blocking or pass protection. It’s bad. 

Blaming Wentz, Heinicke, Howell, Gibson, McKissick is asinine. The line is bad. Bad bad. 

That doesn’t absolve all of those guys I posted from blame when they earn it. They just haven’t had a chance to earn it because the OL is so damn bad.

Agreed 💯.

Its tough to evaluate the QB or anyone else on the offense really.  

• Like 1