Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

“Washington Warriors” (Actually my preferred name change with Skins logo brought back). But that’s a story for another day lol.

re; to the Myers hire

Edited by NYSkins21
  • Like 5
  • Thumb up 3

Bob Myers is an outside the box hire for sure.  Feels a little weird and unsettling to get a basketball guy to lead an NFL front office rebuild, but hopefully the sports management experience translates.

The NFL is so different from the NBA, where you can much more easily stack the deck in your favor because of the lack of comparable parity.  The NFL also has so much more churn and turnover because of the nature of the game, so it tends to operate on norms that kind of transcend the issues that comes from roster instability.  The volume and flow of front office work is different.  And the old guard owners/front offices have such a big long term advantage over the bad organizations who are constantly starting over from scratch and trying to get to that level of culture that the Packers and Steelers and Ravens and Chiefs and Cowboys just seem to live in, as if competitive excellence is second nature to them.  In the NBA, you can change your whole culture with one draft pick or one free agency coup.

I'm not gonna stress about it.  Myers is an innovative guy, and he's got Speilman to help him understand the NFL.  It's worth a shot to truly shake up the way we operate.

• Thumb up 1

Why are people so anxious about Jason Wright? That guy has zero to do with football operations. We need to clean that mess up before Jason's functions are addressed. 

They can focus on that area in a few more months imo.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Mayhew is not gone.

Yet.

This bothers me some as I believe he and Spielman have ties. He did a **** job and should have been ushered to the door with Rivera.

• Like 3

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Panthers fired their GM this morning. I guess this will be the Black Monday thread for the day?

Tepper firing the GM for picking the players Tepper wanted is so familiar...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 2