Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

I didn’t see this posted anywhere, so I thought it would be best to drop this here:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Apparently the Cowboys-Bills game got a higher TV rating locally in DC than Commanders-Rams (by almost 100K viewers).

Β 

This ownership group really has it work cut out for them. Β The renewed interest the team had after the team was sold in July has drastically dropped. Β I don’t think the goodwill has completely disappeared of course (seeing that the new ownership group hasn’t made any major moves yet), but I do think this is another blinking red light to how far this franchise and fan base has fallen, and what it will take to bring fans back. Β I think we might see a VERY active offseason, with several free agent signings and a new 1st Round QB selected.

Edited by samy316
  • Haha 3

The minute a new GM and HC is hired, this team will be better off than under Rivera and Mayhew's entire tenure.Β  This team will finally have direction.Β  Patience will be the key, but it will feel good to have that structure for the first time since the late to early 80s to the late 90s

Edited by NoVaSkins21
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

50 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

The minute a new GM and HC is hired, this team will be better off than under Rivera and Mayhew's entire tenure.Β  This team will finally have direction.Β  Patience will the key, but it will feel good have that structure for the first time since the late to early 80s to the late 90s

I like this take. Ron never really tried to build roster. It was more like putting bandaids on a broken leg like the Wentz signing, or even worse putting a bandaid on a heart attack with the Wylie signing. It was like he was always trying to do just enough to sneak into the playoffs and not really building for sustained success as a contender

• Like 2

Magic Johnson’s future tweet (probably) about Rivera:

Β 

”Ron Rivera was the coach of my Commanders. He lost more games than he won. That happens when teams score more points than you score. Ron Rivera is no longer the coach.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I couldn't help noticing that the 1st and 2nd down defense was better than where it had been since JDR's departure. It does show that they've redone some things over the past 2 games. Now, the 3rd down D is still terrible, and the relative improvement on 1st-2nd down doesn't mean that RR should be retained. But it should factor into the postmortem.

• 88Comrade2000 changed the title to Jan. 7/8- The glorious firing of Ron
42 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Cheeseman said he'd have probably been cut on any other team. What an indictment of the dude who inexplicably kept you!! Thanks for acknowledging what every sane football fan knew.

You just reminded me, was Cheese cut today? If not, how is that even fathomable after his comments and performance?

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

You just reminded me, was Cheese cut today? If not, how is that even fathomable after his comments and performance?

Β 

Should've never been signed, team shouldn't have traded up to get him......damn, so much was wrong with this. It was a head-scratching signing, and the subsequent perform......Lawd ha' mercy!!

1 hour ago, TheItalianStallion said:

I couldn't help noticing that the 1st and 2nd down defense was better than where it had been since JDR's departure. It does show that they've redone some things over the past 2 games. Now, the 3rd down D is still terrible, and the relative improvement on 1st-2nd down doesn't mean that RR should be retained. But it should factor into the postmortem.

And the Titanic managed to get a few lifeboats underway but it was still a disaster

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

But what if Josh fires him on Sunday, after the Dallas game? You will be released a day earlier.

It’ll be leaked not long after the game (as if it hasn’t already been) but won’t be β€œofficial” till late that night or early the next day. Harris will have an exit interview with Rivera and express his appreciation, that’s how he seems to roll. Whatever happens, it won’t be early enough for the fans lol.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RVAskins said:

Hopefully you're getting conjugal visits.

Β 

Why would anyone need external conjugal visits?Β  In jail, you can as many conjugal encounters anyone could ever want with the cellmates, 24 hours a day!

Β 

Β 

Edited by petey hodge
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Conn said:

It’ll be leaked not long after the game (as if it hasn’t already been) but won’t be β€œofficial” till late that night or early the next day. Harris will have an exit interview with Rivera and express his appreciation, that’s how he seems to roll. Whatever happens, it won’t be early enough for the fans lol.

Depends on what time the game is. If it’s a 1pm game; Josh can have his exit interview that evening. Maybe as a birthday present, he delays the announcement until Monday but there really is no need to delay the inevitable.

Except if Rons plays it like an absolute asshole, I'm expecting both to reach a "mutual agreement" so that Ron leaves the teamfairly and respectfully.

I'm not expecting a firing in any way, even if that would be the same results.

Β 

We've been classless and messy for so many years, that a little bit of class from our owner would be the best thing indicating that change is coming in the right way; Anything else would be so same ol'...

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

13 hours ago, samy316 said:

This ownership group really has it work cut out for them. Β The renewed interest the team had after the team was sold in July has drastically dropped. Β I don’t think the goodwill has completely disappeared of course (seeing that the new ownership group hasn’t made any major moves yet), but I do think this is another blinking red light to how far this franchise and fan base has fallen, and what it will take to bring fans back. Β I think we might see a VERY active offseason, with several free agent signings and a new 1st Round QB selected.

I'm less concerned about this now, than I was in years past because Snyder is gone. And this isn't unique to us--I doubt very many teams with 4-win records and about to overhaul the coaching staff, front off, and most of the roster in the next couple of months have great local ratings.

Β 

I was all in beginning of the year--and I still am. I just don't care about this team, right now--other than embracing the tank. What, I think, WILL get good ratings this year? The Draft. New owner, high pick, legitimate GM, new, innovative young coach? They'll be a buzz.Β 

Β 

This team has gone like the 2005 Nats: At the start of the season, new owner, fans all jacked up on Mountain Dew, and they played reasonably well, starting 2-0, probably should have beaten the Eagles, then the 2nd half, and we all realized how bad they were and the complete rebuild is coming.

Β 

On a side note, we need a countdown in the thread title, (it's 20 says BTW).

Β 

Get on that @88Comrade2000, this is your time to shine, buddy! You've been waiting for this for YEARS!

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1