Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

6 hours ago, Stihl89 said:

I don’t think it’s going to cost us anything. We’ve occasionally heard snippets that the league doesn’t think highly of Ron as a football person. Everyone and their mother knows he’s getting fired. 

And yet your petty satisfaction isn’t worth even the minor chance that it plays as a reputational tie-breaker against other franchises who want the same GM’s and HC’s. It’s not worth the risk just so some fans can taste blood. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, tomwvr said:

Well what happens if the owners want to bring in a GM mid season and take player  responsibility from Ron. Does Ron quit?  

The only issue I could possibly see is being mathematically eliminated from playoffs at week 11, yet RR continues to play every single starter all the way through, possibly risking a serious injury to a star player. I can see that stubbornness in him like that. Now I don't mean to sit the starters and insert 2nd & 3rd people on the depth chart either but an ego is dangerous in situations like that, especially if he's trying to make himself look good to other teams possibly looking for a new HC.

On 11/1/2023 at 10:36 AM, Stihl89 said:

I don’t think it’s going to cost us anything. We’ve occasionally heard snippets that the league doesn’t think highly of Ron as a football person. Everyone and their mother knows he’s getting fired. 

True. Everyone knows he's done at the end of the year. It's an ugly situation but successful people turn these into opportunities, and Josh has the opportunity now to help restore the reputation of the franchise and returning it to top tier by exercising patience, poise, and practicality -- qualities absent in the previous owner, which contributed to the disgraceful reputation the franchise garnered during the course of his ownership. Firing potentially two HCs in one year (Ron, and then maybe his interim head coach at the end of the season) doesn't represent a pivot. And while Ron has dug his own hole, there's still a mathematical chance he could pull something off this season -- we're not technically eliminated.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Rumor mill have Belicheck coming to Washington? If so, I think I'm ok with that.

i don't see it.. Bill would want complete control of player personnel .. something that is a weakness for him. Now if agrees to work for a GM who has player acquisition control.. sign me up!

29 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Rumor mill have Belicheck coming to Washington? If so, I think I'm ok with that.

No more retreads! Even if it's the GOAT.

8 minutes ago, oraphus said:

i don't see it.. Bill would want complete control of player personnel .. something that is a weakness for him. Now if agrees to work for a GM who has player acquisition control.. sign me up!

I still would not love the move, but if he were to somehow come here, I would need it to be with a GM calling the shots, and I don't know if Belicheck would accept that at this stage.

• Thumb up 2

Terrible idea and would be an example of chasing the big name rather than uncovering the diamonds in the rough.  Check out Miami’s OC, the Eagles, or the 49ers.  Not really interested in any other team’s staffs on the NFC side anyway.

19 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

That's a big hell no fro me. Belichick won his Super Bowls with Brady. He wasn't a great coach before Brady and hasn't been after Brady. Joe Gibbs won 3 Super Bowls with three different QB's. That's a claim Belichick will never be able to make.

• Thanks 2

What exactly do we have here that Belichick can't get in NE? Before he went to NE, he had to make sure the Patriots were the "right fit" and ownership there have accommodated him for over 20 years. What exactly can we give him besides more money (maybe)? A chance to start over isn't enough driving incentive to Super Bowls.

Edited by BurgundyBooger

3 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

That's a big hell no fro me. Belichick won his Super Bowls with Brady. He wasn't a great coach before Brady and hasn't been after Brady. Joe Gibbs won 3 Super Bowls with three different QB's. That's a claim Belichick will never be able to make.

Hey, that' quote isn't mine ... not sure how that happened but I said no more retreads haha

10 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Hey, that' quote isn't mine ... not sure how that happened but I said no more retreads haha

I know that quote isn't yours. I reports stating the same thing. I was making a point that in no way do I want Belichick. The previous owner would have done something like that but I think we're in better hands now.

Some random jambronie on twitter makes up a fake rumor and people are still talking about it.  :ols:

Bill is only chasing Shula right now and might have one last year in NE to do it and then it's over for him.

We'll hiring a young up and comer GM and he'll pick one of the several hot next young HC candidates. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tmandoug1 said:

Hell no.

He hasn’t done jack without Tom and he’s a bad Gm. Tom covered just how bad the Pats really were.

You don’t want a 70+ year old coach who’s really only coaching to break Shula’s record and he’s defensive minded.

We need a young offensive minded coach.

• Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, srtman04 said:

Bill's time is done.  Tom Brady's departure proved that,  NO THANKS!   

No kidding. Belichick is overrated IMO. I think the majority of his coaching success came thanks to having lucked into Tom Brady. Before that he was a mediocre coach, and now after Brady retired he's gone right back to being mediocre again. But his ego is definitely not mediocre. Hard pass.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

There’s nothing more Dan Snyder than trading assets for Bill Belichick.  Not a chance that’s happening.

I fully expect him to hire a young offensive mind.  Preferably Ben Johnson, but my money is on him going to the Chargers.  My guess for us is Ken Dorsey.

Dorsey is getting roasted right now in Buffalo. Word is he might be the sacrificial lamb to get fired (first).

Actually, by the sounds of it, McDermott might get canned in Buffalo too. They don’t think he’s the type of coach that can take the next step with the team.

Sign me up for that!!!

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 1