Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

When you have a bad culture, you have to hire a guy to fix it.  So we get Ron instead of a coach with upside. But in reality, what has been fixed?  I mean, any changes are really on the business side.  So yeah, they don't harass women anymore in the office, amd Snyder is out, but none of that really had nothing to do with Ron. 

As far as the football product, feels like they just found a different way to get the same middling results they always got.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, justice98 said:

When you have a bad culture, you have to hire a guy to fix it.  So we get Ron instead of a coach with upside. But in reality, what has been fixed?  I mean, any changes are really on the business side.  So yeah, they don't harass women anymore in the office, amd Snyder is out, but none of that really had nothing to do with Ron. 

As far as the football product, feels like they just found a different way to get the same middling results they always got.

I've said similar things. The stuff the FO and the ownership are guilty of doing are outliers. They were pieces of **** human beings (just my opinion, for any lawyers reading). Saying "The one thing Ron did was clean up the culture" is a bit like an Indiana Jones movie: If Ron wasn't there, those things still would have happened because of the league, investigations and/or whatever else. Ron the coach is lousy. Ron the GM is even worse. Four years in, there is no on-field improvement and you can easily make the argument that the scouting and drafting are even worse.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Seems to be exactly what Allen was saying post-game.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

We were awful in the last days of Gruden/Allen. Rivera at least helped us get to mediocrity. He's kinda like what Jeff Fisher was to the Rams after their disastrous Steve Spagnolo years.

Now we gotta find our Sean Mcvay.

I want to just pay Shannahan or McVey more to come here. **** all the games give Shannahan and Lynch 20mil a season and 40 if they win the Superbowl 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

We were awful in the last days of Gruden/Allen. Rivera at least helped us get to mediocrity. He's kinda like what Jeff Fisher was to the Rams after their disastrous Steve Spagnolo years.

That last season of Captain Purple Nurple... sure. That was a bunch of flaming dumpsters on a train heading for a ravine. The last 3-4 seasons prior to that, the team was hovering .500, just like Paddleboat Ron.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I want to just pay Shannahan or McVey more to come here. **** all the games give Shannahan and Lynch 20mil a season and 40 if they win the Superbowl 

I honestly think having a great coach is worth more than any one great player. Would make sense to pay the coach more in my opinion. Certain QB's (Brady etc.) can elevate a mediocre coach but that's the exception to the rule.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Asked after the 40-20 loss to the Chicago Bears about balancing cohesion with the offensive unit, Bienemy replied, “Well, first of all my name is boss, my name is offensive coordinator. My name is former player. My name is Dad. My name is Uncle. My name Is sometimes counselor, sometimes my name is, hey, sometimes guys need a shoulder to lean upon. So the thing is there is a delicate situation.”

You want to listen to that every day?

And people wonder why Bienemy hasn't been offered a head coaching position? What does that even mean? 🤨

Funny thing is when the 'manders beat the Eagles next week (who are going to be looking past this game to the Cowboys-Chiefs-Bills-49ers-Cowboys-Seahawks stretch coming up), everyone will be talking about what a great coach RR is. 🥱

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb down 1

7 hours ago, justice98 said:

Thank you! I'm so tired of hearing how Ron improved the culture and he's such a good person. Literally anyone would have improved the culture after Gruden. Ron has done nothing for this team except ruin it. We had four first rounders on the d-line, two future HOFers on the oline, Scary Terry, and the #2 overall pick. Ron has destroyed this team with absolutely horrible draft picks and FA signings. We are at the point of having to tank and start completely over because of Ron. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Now we gotta find our Sean Mcvay.

Find? We had him... he was being called a great coaching prospect then and despite of my urging to fire Gruden and hire him instead... we didn't. 

We had Shanahan too. For all the talk about Snyder it was his lack of quick decision making on coaching that killed the team. 

Was pretty sure Ron would not get fired mid season. Now im thinking week 13 is the bye, coming off Cowboys game. If they are around 4-8, though I'm having a hard time finding a 4th win, the axe may just fall during the bye. Especially true if they lose a second time to NY the week prior at home (though this may just end up as their 4th win). If he makes it through the bye he won't get canned till after its all over. Seems like Magic is not going to be patient, how much influence does he have over Harris?

15 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Was pretty sure Ron would not get fired mid season. Now im thinking week 13 is the bye, coming off Cowboys game. If they are around 4-8, though I'm having a hard time finding a 4th win, the axe may just fall during the bye. Especially true if they lose a second time to NY the week prior at home (though this may just end up as their 4th win). If he makes it through the bye he won't get canned till after its all over. Seems like Magic is not going to be patient, how much influence does he have over Harris?

None. Magic just wants to make money. He knows winning makes money, but changing things now probably doesn't get anything done.

Magic is probably a mouth piece for the HOG, similar to how EB was the mouth piece for Reid. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

I doubt he has much, if any. He's also a smart guy and is probably aware that mid season firings don't generally amount to much.

8 hours ago, Ghost of said:

Find? We had him... he was being called a great coaching prospect then and despite of my urging to fire Gruden and hire him instead... we didn't. 

We had Shanahan too. For all the talk about Snyder it was his lack of quick decision making on coaching that killed the team. 

Yep. Killer mistakes from the Snyder Era.

8 hours ago, Ghost of said:

We had Shanahan too. For all the talk about Snyder it was his lack of quick decision making on coaching that killed the team. 

I dont think it was that simple.  As I recall, in 2017 when McVay left, they were coming off back to back winning seasons, which hadn't happened in 20 years.  It woulda been tough to fire Gruden then. On top of that, McVay and Gruden were friends and McVay owes Gruden a lot.  He has said that he wouldn't have taken the job had they dumped Gruden just to make him head coach.  That was his boy and mentor.  I imagine it was like when they fired Mike Shanahan and people still wanted to keep Kyle, but Kyle was having none of that idea.  

On 10/25/2023 at 11:39 AM, RVAskins said:

What? No mention of a crappy OL?

In 1991, Mark Rypien looked like the second coming of Sammy Baugh because he was only sacked 7 times all year. Team finished 14-2 and I think won the Superb Owl.

In 1992, Mark Rypien looked like the second coming of Sammy Davis Jr. as he took 23 sacks and threw LOTS of balls away to avoid sacks. Team finished 9-7 and got bounced in the second round.

It's all about that O line.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 2

Someone mentioned in the GDT when we were ahead that we were leading this game in spite of Rivera and that is exactly the case. 

The team has some good players but isn't anywhere near good enough to overcome its own coach being an incompetent dinosaur. Our coach gives us no competitive edge whatsoever and is actively making us worse in many ways.