Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

After watching the 49ers dismantle the cowturds last night I want their entire coaching staff, scouting department and front office here......Get the check book out Josh!!! LOL......In all seriousness though,  we know that changes are coming soon so who's on the hot list for head coaches and GMs?? 

• Like 1

I want whatever gives us the best shot at the best GM and HC next season.

And I do think a new owner firing one of the more liked dudes in the league early in the season won't help accomplish that.

Reading about Ben Johnson in particular, comes off a good guy, about integrity and wanting the perfect environment at that next step.  We'd want him to think Harris is cool to work for.

Even though it would feel good to me and many fans to see Ron leave now -- it would at least give a question mark for any new prospective hire to see Harris move fast to oust someone especially after all thse stories surfaced this summer he'd give them all the full season.

• Like 1

If Ron is fired today for instance there’s nothing stopping Josh from interviewing GM candidates this afternoon and hiring. It’s a bit unorthodox sure but it could be a way to massively set the franchise up by moving some parts that won’t be here in the future. One of the DEs. Kam. So on and so forth. Plus allows the season to really fall off. 

I get the feeling Ron is respected as a person but not as a football entity. I’m sure he’s seen as a dinosaur and that the game has passed him by. He clearly wasn’t getting the job done and letting him ride out the season to get a few more wins can be easily sold to staff. Ben Johnson who has never worked for Ron or any one associated with the franchise isn’t going to say no to the job because he was let go 8 games early. The entire league has seen that he has failed and understands the current circumstances with new ownership. Not a single person is going to turn their noses up 

• Like 3

Folks around the league would better understand firing Ron at 2-9 vs 2-3. At 2-3, you look like you have a fast trigger as an ownership group. They are not going to fire Ron before the end of the season unless there is a massive nosedive and/or Ron loses the locker room

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

It doesn't accomplish anything. People just want their pound of flesh.

Watching this team play definitely makes me want to see Ron fired.  The performances, especially getting dogged in 2 of 3 weeks at home to sold out crowds, are absolutely fire worthy in year 4.

But yeah, likely serves no purpose besides the immediate joy of seeing Ron have to pay for his sins.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

What competent head coach is available????? 

I think that's the biggest thing we have to deal with. 

I wouldn't trust anyone available with feeding my cats for a weekend.

Why Kliff Kingsbury of course :ols:

They wouldn't hire a new coach at this juncture and doubt they could before the season is complete. At that time it would be the GM's job. I imagine they want to begin the GM search prior to the end of the season and are probably studying that group already. 

3 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

They wouldn't hire a new coach at this juncture and doubt they could before the season is complete. At that time it would be the GM's job. I imagine they want to begin the GM search prior to the end of the season and are probably studying that group already. 

4 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Damn, it was rhetorical, of course. 

2 hours ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

After watching the 49ers dismantle the cowturds last night I want their entire coaching staff, scouting department and front office here......Get the check book out Josh!!! LOL......In all seriousness though,  we know that changes are coming soon so who's on the hot list for head coaches and GMs?? 

Yeah I wouldn't mind hiring whoever Lynch's #2 guy is and then hiring one of their assistant coaches to be our head guy. The Kyle Shanahan tree has proven quite fruitful(see Mike McDaniel, Matt Lafleur, even Demeco Ryans is already exceeding expectations in Houston).

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I wouldn't mind hiring whoever Lynch's #2 guy is and then hiring one of their assistant coaches to be our head guy. The Kyle Shanahan tree has proven quite fruitful(see Mike McDaniel, Matt Lafleur, even Demeco Ryans is already exceeding expectations in Houston).

Another vilified coach here, succeeding elsewhere: the 9ers OL coach and run game coordinator is Chris Foerster.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Ron lost me with the smirk leaving the field at halftime and the comment returning from halftime. "Coach, what did you say to the team during halftime". "I let them talk about it amongst themselves". Is it a stretch to say you are the coach and should probably say something to the team? Why do I feel like he is just trying to finish his contract and collect his check. Just my opinion.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tmandoug1 said:

Ron lost me with the smirk leaving the field at halftime and the comment returning from halftime. "Coach, what did you say to the team during halftime". "I let them talk about it amongst themselves". Is it a stretch to say you are the coach and should probably say something to the team? Why do I feel like he is just trying to finish his contract and collect his check. Just my opinion.

I will say I actually don't mind let the "let the players figure it out" strategy. I've seen NBA coaches like Phil Jackson and Greg Popovich pull that off. And in fairness, we did play a lot better in the 2nd half. 

• Like 1

Many people have said it but he just looks as if he has checked out. His body language on Thursday was appalling. If I lost that badly playing Madden something would get smashed, he's standing there with his arms crossed and a stupid vacant look on his face.

• Like 2

If you guys don't want EB to be the HC, I can understand that, but he is not the problem with this team. Our offense isn't firing on all cylinders, but compared to last year, its ten times better. The offense is the ONLY thing keeping us in and winning games for us (minus Buffalo), the defense has been perfect garbage all year.

This is the third year in a row where the defense was supposed to support this team while we figure out the offense with a new QB. All this money, time and draft picks injected into this defense and this is what we have. The defense is no better than it was in Ron's first year here, its a joke. Now look at the offense: its only week five and the offense is the engine that chugs this team along. The most important, yet neglected and overlooked portion of team, is still doing better under EB.

I don't care what these players have to say, you've won nothing and you proven nothing. After getting cooked on primetime tv, at home, to a team that hasn't won in a year and you begged the fans to attend...you're going to complain about being out there? Shut the **** up and go play. If holding these players accountable and expecting to do their jobs loses the locker room, then we need to purge the locker room.\

Yeah, passing 800 times sucks, but its hard to do when your defense literally can't stop ANYTHING! What else are you supposed to do when the game is already out of reach before the end of the half? Get Rivera's ass out and put an offensive minded coach at the helm.

Guys, coaches get fired mid season all the time, its not the apocalypse. What are other coaches and GMs going to say if Josh fires Rivera before the end of the season? Same thing we would say, bout ****ing time. Other professionals won't see it as an overreaching owner, they'll see it as a mid coach who couldn't produce results. Get the trash out, its been stinking for a while.

• Like 2

Yes I too want to see Ron and JDR gone but I was under the impression that this season was for an evaluation of what we have. We have a young QB so realistically there should have been no Super Bowl aspersions. I thought RR had 2 years left on his contract after this year and I am guessing 3-4 mill a year. Do you really want to pay him that kind of bread to sit by his pool in So Cal for 2 1/2 years? I assume the new owner has his people working on replacements as we speak. We have been putting up with this kind of play for years, what is another 3/4 of a season. Looks bad when a new owner takes over and fires everyone right away. 

8 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Guys, coaches get fired mid season all the time, its not the apocalypse.

Apocalypse, no.  But it also doesn’t turn seasons around.  It creates unnecessary drama for the rest of the staff and roster.

And believe me, I do believe Rivera deserves to be fired for getting blown out twice in 3 weeks at home.  I do not believe this team will turn it around and all the sudden, consistently win.  I fully expect them to continue the Jeckyl and Hyde routine that is the hallmark of this regime.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Apocalypse, no.  But it also doesn’t turn seasons around.  It creates unnecessary drama for the rest of the staff and roster.

And believe me, I do believe Rivera deserves to be fired for getting blown out twice in 3 weeks at home.  I do not believe this team will turn it around and all the sudden, consistently win.  I fully expect them to continue the Jeckyl and Hyde routine that is the hallmark of this regime.  

Its not about turning it around, its about not settling for mediocrity, I agree, but disagree with you. Firing him won't do anything for the team's record (I don't think), but that is not a reason for not firing him. If he's truly lost the locker room or has checked out like some are speculating, then he absolutely needs to go right now. Otherwise, I just wan't him gone now because there seems to be no reason to keep him here. I guess to not shake things up too much for Howell, maybe?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I will say I actually don't mind let the "let the players figure it out" strategy. I've seen NBA coaches like Phil Jackson and Greg Popovich pull that off. And in fairness, we did play a lot better in the 2nd half. 

That's a really low bar though, isn't it?

Just now, Simmsy said:

Its not about turning it around, its about not settling for mediocrity, I agree, but disagree with you. Firing him won't do anything for the team's record (I don't think), but that is not a reason for not firing him. If he's truly lost the locker room or has checked out like some are speculating, then he absolutely needs to go right now. Otherwise, I just wan't him gone now because there seems to be no reason to keep him here. I guess to not shake things up too much for Howell, maybe?

Harris said the entire staff would get the full year. Doing otherwise would be a terrible precedent. 

Edited by Riggo#44

19 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This season also doesn’t matter. To the players on the roster but on the overall big picture of the future of the franchise? Not at all 

6 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Doing otherwise would be a terrible precedent

Yeah how terrible would being mediocre at best won’t be tolerated 

A firing of Ron holds no bearing for the future in any way. 

There’s also one more evaluation that needs done. It’s EB the head coach. The sooner you fire Ron the more info you have on EB the interim HC

8 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

That's a really low bar though, isn't it?

Harris said the entire staff would get the full year. Doing otherwise would be a terrible precedent. 

I understand, but if Ron has already checked out (IF, ok, IF) and he's just going to trot JDR out there to do the same thing every week...I don't think anyone would look down on Harris for pulling the trigger.

5 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I understand, but if Ron has already checked out (IF, ok, IF) and he's just going to trot JDR out there to do the same thing every week...I don't think anyone would look down on Harris for pulling the trigger.

Again. I understand he is terrible. It would be a terrible precedent, given what Harris said. People need to step back from their keyboards and just accept this season for what it is and what it always was: a punt season until the HOG can really take over and make the necessary changes.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1