Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

5 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Three 7 win seasons is not getting the job done.Β  Ron the Coach is not much better than Jay Gruden coached teams.Β  If we get a big name owner then that owner

can probably attract a big name coach.Β  Right now under Snyder we cannot attract didly squat quality head coach. Last week was a disaster.Β  If we lose

to the Cowboys this week then it turns into meltdown range with fans and with this forum.

Jay Gruden didnt have total control and still won despite this trash. Β He developed Kirk and had Garcon and Jackson and Reed. Β Bruce didnt want to pay any of those playersΒ 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Jay Gruden didnt have total control and still won despite this trash. Β He developed Kirk and had Garcon and Jackson and Reed. Β Bruce didnt want to pay any of those playersΒ 

Β 

Based on Allen's deposition before Congress regarding Trent Williams, I would bet the farm that it was really Snyder who didn't want to pay them...I'm starting to sense that Allen was merely a messenger for Snyder's cheapness.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

19 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

His only winning season was when he had Sean McVay running the offense.

51 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

His only winning season was when he had Sean McVay running the offense.

Β 

He had 2 winning seasons.Β  But they were also, not coincidentally, when Gruden stopped fooling around with RG3 and made Cousins the full-time starter.Β  But even in Gruden's first year, thry moved the ball up and down the field, they just couldn't score.Β  They were like 13th in yards, but 26th in points.Β 

Edited by justice98
  • Like 4

On 1/3/2023 at 5:23 PM, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Β 

Based on Allen's deposition before Congress regarding Trent Williams, I would bet the farm that it was really Snyder who didn't want to pay them...I'm starting to sense that Allen was merely a messenger for Snyder's cheapness.

Well of course! As much as your screen name always makes me laugh, at the same time I’ve always felt like blaming Bruce for stuff in some way lets Snyder off the hook. Bruce may be a scumbag and an idiot in his own right, but it’s always been Snyder pulling the strings.

Assuming Rivera doesn't get fired- mostly because the possible sale of the team and when it would become final makes that unlikely- and assuming that Steve Wilks doesn't get the full time head coaching job in Carolina, I think Rivera gets rid of Del Rio as DC and brings in Wilks as the new DC. They go back to coaching together in Chicago and San Diego as assistants and Rivera hired Wilks to his defensive staff when he became HC in Carolina.

Β 

I know that's a lot of assuming, but I don't think Rivera is going anywhere this offseason and Wilks is his guy.

JDR has offers. The HC often asks the DC to do things that the latter doesn't go to the press with. Several potential HCs have JDR listed as their #1 or second DC. He's more highly regarded around the league than here, if we knew exactly what he's been asked to do by Gilligan, that would help us all understand this foolishness. I can tell you, though, with 9 million percent certainty, that not a single franchise was gonna hire RR when we hired him (ZERO interest). Zero. Same for Turner as an OC. Zero chance! Telling.

Β 

For a long time iv maintained Ron is a good guy, whose done some stellar work on the culture of the organisation and perhaps steadied the ship a little bit on the playing side of the ball

Β 

This is answer was just dreamland stuff to be honest, he's in another realm of fantasy if he thinks we have progressed this season, and ultimately what we needed 3 years ago has been fulfilled, I thank Ron for his service but if he thinks he's gaslighting anyone into thinking that this year was actually progress he's lost his mind

Β 

IMO we now need to bring in a younger more creative offensive minded HC to pick the next QB of the franchise be it through draft or FA and build on the foundations Ron built

• Like 2

Much more refreshing, McVay refuses to try and take fans for fools, which will actually lend himself support in the long run

Β 

Lost amongst that Ron interview he actually tries to use the injuries excuse?! I mean seriously what is he even taking us for now? On the whole and compared to recent years its actually not been a bad one for injuries. It's the NFL injuries WILL happen, if he could coach his guys up better then the drop off wouldn't be so immense

Β 

He is to my mind the biggest grifter in NFL history, over a decade in the league and a paltry amount of winning records, courtesy of Cam Newton's prime. Enough is enough its a results business, keep your moral victories its time Washington moved past this

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ron's original plan for this game was even more convoluted.Β  He has established again and again he is no QB whisperer and should not be in charge of QBs.Β  When have you ever heard a coach say they're gonna start one guy just so the guy behind him can watch and come in?Β  Now, you hear that in terms of games or parts of the season, but not within a game itself, at the end of the season starts that.

Β 

7 hours ago, Zim489 said:

As opposed to Sean here

Β 

Β 

Β 

Yeah, but that's a guy with hardware, job security, and a rep as a genius. Not even a year removed from hoisting a SB trophy. A guy that's been fired once already, with his butt firmly in the hot seat right now, can't talk like that.

Edited by justice98

15 hours ago, fearlessNelms said:

Assuming Rivera doesn't get fired- mostly because the possible sale of the team and when it would become final makes that unlikely- and assuming that Steve Wilks doesn't get the full time head coaching job in Carolina, I think Rivera gets rid of Del Rio as DC and brings in Wilks as the new DC. They go back to coaching together in Chicago and San Diego as assistants and Rivera hired Wilks to his defensive staff when he became HC in Carolina.

Β 

I know that's a lot of assuming, but I don't think Rivera is going anywhere this offseason and Wilks is his guy.

For what purpose? Del Rio has been fine and the defense is the only reason we even had a chance this season. I mean unless Del Rio leaves to be a HC somewhere but I highly doubt that(he's a two time failed HC already).

23 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

For what purpose? Del Rio has been fine and the defense is the only reason we even had a chance this season. I mean unless Del Rio leaves to be a HC somewhere but I highly doubt that(he's a two time failed HC already).

Not getting these recent posts about firing JDR. They are idiotic

Β 

If Rivera wanted to hire Wilks, he was available when he first took the job here and more recently as a senior assistantΒ 

15 hours ago, skinzplay said:

JDR has offers. The HC often asks the DC to do things that the latter doesn't go to the press with. Several potential HCs have JDR listed as their #1 or second DC. He's more highly regarded around the league than here, if we knew exactly what he's been asked to do by Gilligan, that would help us all understand this foolishness. I can tell you, though, with 9 million percent certainty, that not a single franchise was gonna hire RR when we hired him (ZERO interest). Zero. Same for Turner as an OC. Zero chance! Telling.

Β 

Rivera was Gettleman’s top choice in NY but Ron came here because he’d have personnel control here

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/01/05/ron-rivera-dan-snyder-sale/

Β 

The decision only exacerbates Rivera’s exceedingly odd rΓ©sumΓ©. Between his nine-year tenure in Carolina and his three seasons in Washington, he has now coached 189 regular season NFL games and posted a .519 winning percentage. Of the 42 men who have coached more games, according to data at Pro Football Reference, only eight have won at a lower rate. That fact illustrates the obvious: To coach for that long, you have to win.

Β 

Dig in on those numbers a little deeper. Rivera’s dozen seasons have ended with a winning record just three times, a 25 percent rate. No one who has coached more games has a lower rate of winning seasons β€” though Sam Wyche, who took the Cincinnati Bengals to a Super Bowl and later coached in Tampa Bay, also went three for 12. Lovie Smith, Lou Saban, Jon Gruden, Norv Turner, Marvin Lewis, Weeb Ewbank and Jeff Fisher all coached more games than Rivera and won a lower percentage of them. But all seven of those coaches posted winning records more often.

Β 

What we have, then, is a documented record of mediocrity. Upon his hiring, Rivera represented a sort of steel-jawed stability. He brought a dignity the franchise desperately needed. He stood tall during his own fight with cancer, setting an example and a standard. It was and is admirable.

Β 

But he does not win and has not won consistently. It didn’t happen in Carolina, where he was eventually fired by a new owner. It hasn’t happened in Washington, where he is 21-27-1, won a division title with a losing record in Year 1 and had a playoff spot in his grasp but went 0-3-1 with a bungled quarterback switch in Year 3.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Never said it should happen bro. Rivera's history says he likes his guys- Wilks is one of his guys- just sayin.

50 minutes ago, method man said:

Β 

If Rivera wanted to hire Wilks, he was available when he first took the job here and more recently as a senior assistantΒ 

Rivera was Gettleman’s top choice in NY but Ron came here because he’d have personnel control here

Again, never said in my post in should happen or Del Rio should be fired! Just sayin that Rivera likes his guys and Wilks is undoubtedly one of Rivera's guys. Why he didn't hire him in 2020 is a legit question though.

2 hours ago, method man said:

Β 

The odds of Tisch and Mara approving that hire were less than zero and Gettleman knew it. RR had no HC opportunities when we hired him. I actually wish he had gone to the Giants. They'd stink right now.

Historically this is a sub .500 franchise. Ron's a mediocre to slightly above average coach I guess. Fits right in it seems. πŸ˜’

Β 

I don't like JDR but firing him would be foolish. Gotta be the most competent DC here since double G. Get him some better defensive backs and linebackers in the draft and try to keep building up the defense.Β 

Jason La Canfora thinks the new owner may fire Ron anyway. He thinks the owner will be able to get plenty of candidates; even at a late date.

Β 

His thinking and I agree is that the new owner will want his coach from day 1. Why go through a season with a coach you’re going to fire anyway after the season.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Jason La Canfora thinks the new owner may fire Ron anyway. He thinks the owner will be able to get plenty of candidates; even at a late date.

Β 

His thinking and I agree is that the new owner will want his coach from day 1. Why go through a season with a coach you’re going to fire anyway after the season.

He may be able to get a HC candidate at a later date but most of the top assistants would be snatched up.Β 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Β 

Β 

JLC talk recently about new ownership?Β  If so what did he say?Β  Β That is, does he think the sale definitely going down?Β  thanks.Β 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

28 minutes ago, method man said:

He may be able to get a HC candidate at a later date but most of the top assistants would be snatched up.Β 

Β 

It would have to get done by the end of February at the latest--and the FO would probably have to stay in place for FA and the draft.