Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: The Jaguars vs. The Command

KDawg

16 hours ago, No Nonsense said:

The Jags made adjustments and we didn’t for a long stretch. I’ll like to see quicker adjustments from our coaches. You can get away with prolonged lulls against mediocre teams. When they play the Eagles in a couple of weeks, they can’t afford to go to sleep for two quarters. 

Who went to sleep for two quarters? At least keep your criticism to real life not made up ****. They basically had a rough 19 minutes if you go from fumble to TD drive. That is not 2 full quarters. Let's leave the exaggeration out of this. 

Also, the one part many peole fail to recognize it it may not be play calling at all. The players execution was not as crisp during that stretch. Also, we think we know what they are calling and it's also possible the adjustments they made were not working. It may have taken them some time to make the right adjustments. 

The other team is trying to win too. 

They scored 28 pts against what is expected to be a top defense. Granted they are young but still. First QB to throw for 3400 ytds and 4TDs wih a new team. Yet let's focus on the short, not prolonged, but short time they struggled. 

As for the Eagles, need to make Hurts throw. Not saying that is easy. our run D did not look great. But if they can make Hurts throw to win it will be a long day for eagles fans. If not, then it will be a long day for us. Can't let them control the clock and the game on the ground. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Oh, I feel dumb.

Kerrigan wore 91

:D

6 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Who went to sleep for two quarters? At least keep your critisizm to real llfe not made up ****. They basically had a rough 19 minutes if you go from fumble to TD drive. That is not 2 full quarters. Let's leave the exxagerration out of this. 

Also, the one part many peole fail to recognize it it may not be play calling at all. The players execution was not as crisp during that stretch. Also, we think we know what they are calling and it's also possible the adjustments they made were not working. It may have taken them some time to make the right adjustments. 

The other team is trying to win too. 

They scored 28 pts against what is expceted to be a top defence. Granted they are young but still. First QB to throw for 3400 ytds and 4TDs wih a new team. Yet let's focus on the short, not prolonged, but short time they struggled. 

That's a great point. We scored 28 against a good defense and only allowed 15 points after our 3 TOs. Our team played well.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Oh, I feel dumb.

Don’t :) that tweet could’ve been interpreted a couple different ways. The way I read it just now (and after I saw people saying it was a joke at the number 91),  I felt it also couldve been a subtle joke at saying that even with phidarian manthis’s injury, Kerrigan hasn’t been added to the active roster to help the defense. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I had that same moxie as a fan and had no doubt that we were gonna win that game.

I have little to no "moxie" as a fan.  Im all over the place... pissed after the second interception then proclaiming my love for Wentz after the Dotson TD.  I used to be absolutely horrendous though.  I would be trying to fight my dad and no one wanted to high five me because I would absolutely destroy their hand with my light speed high five... ohh the days. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, moondog said:

Can we all just take a minute to admit we’ll all be rooting for the jags this week almost as hard as Washington? Colts haven’t won in Jax since like 2014. I hope the jags embarrass them and we can all enjoy piling on Irsay. 

I will definitely be actively rooting against the Colts. Atleast for this season.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, moondog said:

Can we all just take a minute to admit we’ll all be rooting for the jags this week almost as hard as Washington? Colts haven’t won in Jax since like 2014. I hope the jags embarrass them and we can all enjoy piling on Irsay. 

Shame that's a 1pm game like ours. I would have watched.

But we will get to see CIN take their frustrations out on DAL at 4. Pure schadenfreude right there. That one feels like a cut away for competitiveness kinda game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Shame that's a 1pm game like ours. I would have watched.

But we will get to see CIN take their frustrations out on DAL at 4. Pure schadenfreude right there. That one feels like a cut away for competitiveness kinda game.

There’s no way Burrow is going to crap the bed the same way he did last week against the Steelers. I’m thinking it’s probably a 20 point or more lead for the Bengals at the half, especially because the Dallas offense won’t be able to move the ball very well.

• Like 1