Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commmmmmannndddersss vs. the Jags.

zCommander

9 hours ago, Simmsy said:

This national media coverage is a joke, can't wait to prove them all wrong!

The hating on Wentz is a little biased but that still doesn’t discount the fact he’s on third team on 3 years.  So, Wentz has a lot riding on Being successful.

As far media opinions on the team

in general; it’s justified. What has this team done to be given praise in the last 30 years? Whenever there has been higher expectations; the team has fallen flat in their faces. Their playoff appearances since 2005; usually saw them having to go on a run to even make the playoffs. Also, their last 2 playoff appearances only happened due to collapse of the nfc east.

Any lack of respect in the media has been earned.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The hating on Wentz is a little biased but that still doesn’t discount the fact he’s on third team on 3 years.  So, Wentz has a lot riding on Being successful.

in general; it’s justified. What has this team done to be given praise in the last 30 years? Whenever there has been higher expectations; the team has fallen flat in their faces. Their playoff appearances since 2005; usually saw them having to go on a run to even make the playoffs. Also, their last 2 playoff appearances only happened due to collapse of the nfc east.

giphy.gif

Week 1 vs JAX

Not the worst team in the NFL anymore with all the additions in JAX.

The question remains can WSH D can get off the field? I'd guess Lawrence is better in his 2nd year but continues to attack the outside and runaway from the pocket. Maybe a measured improvement week 1, but still needing a few weeks to be locked in. I would expect him to drastically improve but week 1 won't be his best game.

WSH needs to be avg or better on defense and get a couple of turnovers (+1)

A defensive score could win the game. If the D fails, they lose easily.

If turnover diff. is negative (-1) I'd flip the score.

WSH  27

JAX    24

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Ok, but what about Jax, what have they done to deserve all the media praise? They weren't better than us last year, but suddenly we have no chance against them? Why are the Eagles getting sucked off? They beat up on an injury/covid riddled team, sneak into the playoffs and got the worse beating of any playoff team last year. Why does the media think they're going to Super Bowl, but our team is going to be worse than last year? Its ridiculous.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Ok, but what about Jax, what have they done to deserve all the media praise? They weren't better than us last year, but suddenly we have no chance against them? Why are the Eagles getting sucked off? They beat up on an injury/covid riddled team, sneak into the playoffs and got the worse beating of any playoff team last year. Why does the media think they're going to Super Bowl, but our team is going to be worse than last year? Its ridiculous.

Eagles have a good rooster, save the big question mark at QB. I don't think they are Superbowl bound as some do but they have it made. Either Hurts improves and shows he's the answer or they have 2 #1 picks to maneuver to get that franchise QB in 2023.

Eagles are favs to win division and maybe win a playoff game at best.  No deep run for them.

As for us, we haven't ever won 11 games in Snyder's reign and there are some here thinking we go win 12 games  and go on a deep run.   We could be worse than last year by 1 game, 6-11.  We aren't going to be worse than that because in all of Ron's full seasons; he's won at least 6 games. 

Eagles have a history of winning and we don't.  Until we show the nfl we can win and win regularly; this team will never get any respect.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Ok, but what about Jax, what have they done to deserve all the media praise? They weren't better than us last year, but suddenly we have no chance against them? Why are the Eagles getting (censored)? They beat up on an injury/covid riddled team, sneak into the playoffs and got the worse beating of any playoff team last year. Why does the media think they're going to Super Bowl, but our team is going to be worse than last year? Its ridiculous.

Clearly you missed the beatdown the patriots received :P 47-17 is a LOT worse than 31-15

7 hours ago, Jbird7 said:

Terry, Dotson, Samuels and Bates all score TD's in the air, and Gibson breaks one off and takes it to the house.

Jags pound the running game early, and Trevor gets shook by a Payne hit and throws 3 picks while trying to make up ground in the 2nd half.

Jags have the ball for 40 min.

Commies win 38 - 16.

Wentz is still considered very pedestrian by the media and it is chalked up to "the weapons around him make him look good".

Percy has a 2 pick day, and Payne gets 2 sacks to go with 1 by Phidarian.

Jamin has the 3rd pick to go with 8 solo tackles and a FF and Tress Way never touches the ball.

(Dad gum I just jinxed us hard!)

I will send you some Canadian beer if this comes to fruition.

9 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Clearly you missed the beatdown the patriots received :P 47-17 is a LOT worse than 31-15

The only reason the Eagles got any points is because the Bucs starters were already mentally checked out and thinking about what positions they should try with their wives when they get home. I can't wait to see the eagles come crashing down.

5 hours ago, hail2skins said:

It looks like there have been 2 week 1 ties since 2018. Ties are easier now with OT being only 10 minutes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_tied_games

Without looking at the list, one of them is the browns. They had gone 0-16 the year before, and they were about to win for the first time that year. but not only did they not lose….but they didn’t even win :P 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Haha 1

On 9/7/2022 at 4:39 PM, skinsfan93 said:

Would have loved it if Carson was asked what the coaches emphasized with him during camp that past coaches didn’t. I live in Philly and he says all the right things but one thing I noticed is that he sometimes doesn’t take full accountability. Yes he will say WE need to do a better job but I want the qb to say it’s on me and it starts with me. I want the qb to say I messed up and won’t let those mistakes happen again. PERIOD. 

Im interested in his presser after our first loss. Hopefully that’s not till October 😉

• Like 1