Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commmmmmannndddersss vs. the Jags.

zCommander

17 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I could see our defense having some serious problems today.

Eh, maybe.  I think the Jags are going to be tough late.  But they aren't great offensive personnel wise, and the way I'm looking at it, Lawrence is basically a rookie.  Could he just get it immediately in Pederson's scheme?  Yeah.  But those West Coast Offenses take some time to learn, and Pederson's isn't exactly simple. 

If I was JDR, I would bring a ton of pressure early, force Lawrence to get the ball out of his hands very quickly.  

Pederson is going to probably use a lot of run game and quick game to protect Lawrence a bit. 

I get that Curl isn't back there, and that's a HUGE loss, but the safety group has some depth.  

We'll see.

27 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I could see our defense having some serious problems today.

I could see our defense having some serious problems this season shaped by failed expectations last year after seeing numerous top picks finally spent on our DL. I lost faith in JDR and suspect many players have as well. RR Doubled down on those picks not working out by using a 2nd on Mathis? Nothing against the player its him throwing top picks at a dated scheme.

I don't care what experts say our gaping hole in the middle of the field on 3rd and longs is not because of LBs who can't drop 10 yards to the center of the field. The big problem is RR can't or won't fire his buddy.  I predict today we largely play straight up 1970s rush 4 in lanes DBs soft and only blitz 1 when backed up inside our 20. Which of course any and all OCs know is coming at this point and easily squash it.  I sadly predict our D leads the league in yards allowed on 1st down and worst 3rd down efficiency on 3rd and 15+. While I did see a player go for a strip in preseason predict we won't follow the lead of some teams that have an assigned stripper not even in late in games when losing.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Thumb up 1

Yeah the Jags offense doesn't scare me at all. Our defense might not be great, but they mostly did fine against bad offenses last year and the Jags offense is still mostly bad. 

My biggest worry is our OL which didn't play much together in preseason against a talented Jags front. And rainy weather could mean random fumbles, drops etc.

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah the Jags offense doesn't scare me at all. Our defense might not be great, but they mostly did fine against bad offenses last year and the Jags offense is still mostly bad. 

My biggest worry is our OL which didn't play much together in preseason against a talented Jags front. And rainy weather could mean random fumbles, drops etc.

If there is one thing I don't worry about with this team, it's the Oline.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I predict the most banal, sad-sack fan base in all of professional sports will spend most of the day complaining about the uniform colors.

You'd think so. Bunch of straight dudes complaining about the pants you're wearing while trying to get a ring, but the turn out at the stadium looked great and was loud today.