Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

House of the Dragon

PleaseBlitz

26 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Who the one small council member suggested at the feast that Rhaenyra marry 

Oh that is the son of the snake eater or whatever?

So many damn names that are like 15 syllables in the Game of Thrones world.  Hard as hell for me to remember em all by name.

Acting in this show is phenomenal.  

19 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

4D8ADD3C-2871-4360-87F6-E26C5B815E8C.jpeg

That whole scene was so badass.  I just wish it wasn't so blatantly obvious that it was going to happen lol. But I did enjoy exactly how it happened and the finale of it.  The initial tear he went on gave me 300 vibes a bit.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, purbeast said:

That whole scene was so badass.  I just wish it wasn't so blatantly obvious that it was going to happen lol. But I did enjoy exactly how it happened and the finale of it.  The initial tear he went on gave me 300 vibes a bit.  

Yeah they said what the plan was before he landed so while it wasn’t confirmed, he was definitely crazy enough to be the one to do it. And he wasn’t going to let Viserys win his war for him. So once he read that letter you knew he was on board. 

• Thumb up 1

On 8/29/2022 at 11:12 AM, purbeast said:

Yep.

I think the most fun I ever had with a show like that, where you watch then discuss all week until the next episode, was LOST.  That was kind of when the internet and forums were also in their infancy with no social media stuff like Twitter and FB being around.  The mystery surrounding the show just made for such fun discussions week in and week out.

I really like this new GoT series. I also really miss Lost, I had so much fun experiencing that show.

Edit: Also, is the actress that plays Rhaenyra hot or not? Seems to be a matter of deep discussion.

Edited by Simmsy

On 9/5/2022 at 7:34 PM, Simmsy said:

Edit: Also, is the actress that plays Rhaenyra hot or not? Seems to be a matter of deep discussion.

I know she's 22, but she still looks 14 to me, which is why I would say no. I felt queasy watching the sex scenes with her, ... unlike how much I enjoyed seeing the sand snake's boobs in GoT.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I'm late to this thread...

Episode One: Typical pilot episode. Awkward, questionable chemistry as they introduce the characters. Almost didn't come back to the show.

Episode Two: Holy moly, this show picked up speed quickly but I can't stand Dr. Who. 

Episode Three: Dr. Who is carrying this thing on his back and I love him!! 

Episode Four: They're taking it all down a notch this week and-- Wait. More incest? Whoa, now she's schtupping her bodyguard. 

I'm all in, friends. It's living up to the hype.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 7:34 PM, Simmsy said:

She’s hot.  And pretty hysterical if you listen to her in interviews and the behind the scenes stuff.  

I have to admit, I was hoping Millie was going to go full Emelia, but they stopped just short.  

The way they cut back and forth between Rhenera and Alicent both havjng sex but completely different experiences was extremely well thought out, we’ll done and haunting . 

On 9/12/2022 at 12:27 PM, Riggo-toni said:

I know she's 22, but she still looks 14 to me, which is why I would say no. I felt queasy watching the sex scenes with her, ... unlike how much I enjoyed seeing the sand snake's boobs in GoT.

This is where I'm at...she just looks too young and the sex scenes were sort of uncomfortable especially since I think the character is underage, but I'm not sure.

Although I realized I must have a thing for long blonds.  This actress (Millie) doesn't really jump out at me with her normal pictures.  Emilia Clarke is pretty but her normal pictures as a brunette don't really move the needle for me.  When she was wearing the blond Daenerys wig though...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not sure how I feel about the timeline jumping 10 years in one episode starting next week.  I had no clue that was happening until my brother told me like last week, so I'm kinda glad I got the heads up at least, because the "Next on HOTD" stuff wasn't doing much for me.  But again, we'll see next week.  It's probably something I get over within like 2 minutes lol.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Not sure how I feel about the timeline jumping 10 years in one episode starting next week.  I had no clue that was happening until my brother told me like last week, so I'm kinda glad I got the heads up at least, because the "Next on HOTD" stuff wasn't doing much for me.  But again, we'll see next week.  It's probably something I get over within like 2 minutes lol.

Everything to this point has been like a few pages of  the book. It kinda glosses over most of this stuff and there is no real detail or character motivations  given. I’m actually happy we spent longer with the characters at this point in order to better understand and appreciate what happens next. All this was just setup for the dance that’s starting now that could have just been a voiceover at the beginning of episode one if these events were treated as they are in the book 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Everything to this point has been like a few pages of  the book. It kinda glosses over most of this stuff and there is no real detail or character motivations  given. I’m actually happy we spent longer with the characters at this point in order to better understand and appreciate what happens next. All this was just setup for the dance that’s starting now that could have just been a voiceover at the beginning of episode one if these events were treated as they are in the book 

To be blunt, I don't give a **** about the book.  If i wanted to read the book, I'd read the book lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2