Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

House of the Dragon

PleaseBlitz

19 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

It's still holding up. That last season of GOT still has me worried. Maybe by episode 4 I'll fully be sold that they won't **** it up. Wish they would have created a new theme.

If it makes you feel better, isn't all the source material for House of Dragon already done, and huge reason last season for GoT went to **** is because they caught up with the available source material and had to make up **** because Martin didnt?

• Like 1

While ep 2 was a bit slower, it was still great and a lot of important things happened. Felt like classic GoT. 

9 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

If it makes you feel better, isn't all the source material for House of Dragon already done, and huge reason last season for GoT went to **** is because they caught up with the available source material and had to make up **** because Martin didnt?

Yep youre 💯 correct 

• Like 1

This show is pretty good so far, 2 very good episodes

1 hour ago, SkinsFTW said:

Let me know when the season is over so I can just watch it all at once. 

I can't stand trying to watch episodes one a week trying to remember to watch it at a certain time.

Didn't these fools learn anything from Netflix?

it's better off this way. no need to watch them all at once.

7 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

it's better off this way. no need to watch them all at once.

Well, you don't have to watch them all at once. You could just pretend that it's a regular TV show and watch them one a week at 9PM on whatever day if you want.

I'd rather just watch them all over 2-3 days and then be done with it. So I'll just wait.

20 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Well, you don't have to watch them all at once. You could just pretend that it's a regular TV show and watch them one a week at 9PM on whatever day if you want.

I'd rather just watch them all over 2-3 days and then be done with it. So I'll just wait.

Cool thanks for letting us know.  I can't wait to hear from you in 2 months.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Game of Thrones is an event show. People sit around to watch it every Sunday and then talk about it. It would lose a lot of its allure and luster if people just binged it over a few days every year.

Yep.

I think the most fun I ever had with a show like that, where you watch then discuss all week until the next episode, was LOST.  That was kind of when the internet and forums were also in their infancy with no social media stuff like Twitter and FB being around.  The mystery surrounding the show just made for such fun discussions week in and week out.

• Like 1

You can say that but once football starts it’s gonna take a hit. 

they’re programming against Sunday night football and anyone who wants to watch both is going to pick the football game (as long as there is an interest in the matchup) as the one to watch Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

You can say that but once football starts it’s gonna take a hit. 

they’re programming against Sunday night football and anyone who wants to watch both is going to pick the football game (as long as there is an interest in the matchup) as the one to watch Sunday. 

I mean it's on a streaming service.  There is no need to HAVE to watch it right at 9pm Sunday night.  I didn't start it last night until like 9:50pm. 

People will be able to watch it after SNF or just the next day, it really doesn't matter.  SNF doesn't end around midnight for 2/3 of the country either.  And if you can't watch it until Monday, it still gives you 6 days to read/discuss it.

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I mean it's on a streaming service.  There is no need to HAVE to watch it right at 9pm Sunday night.  I didn't start it last night until like 9:50pm. 

People will be able to watch it after SNF or just the next day, it really doesn't matter.  SNF doesn't end around midnight for 2/3 of the country either.  And if you can't watch it until Monday, it still gives you 6 days to read/discuss it.

Yeah I think everyone’s aware it’s on a steaming service. 

the comment was that it’s an event so people like to watch it Sunday when it debuts and discuss the next day. 

im just saying that’s fine for now but shortly a significant % of those people won’t be doing that any longer 

Just now, tshile said:

Yeah I think everyone’s aware it’s on a steaming service. 

the comment was that it’s an event so people like to watch it Sunday when it debuts and discuss the next day. 

im just saying that’s fine for now but shortly a significant % of those people won’t be doing that any longer 

Saying a "significant %" is a stretch IMO.  

I'd think it may lose people from viewing it on Sunday right at 9pm, but they will just watch it afterwards.  The total viewership of the show isn't going to go down or anything.

And the people that DO like to watch Sunday at 9pm and hop on the net to discuss it are still going to do that.  It's more of an event than SNF is for many people.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Yep.

I think the most fun I ever had with a show like that, where you watch then discuss all week until the next episode, was LOST.  That was kind of when the internet and forums were also in their infancy with no social media stuff like Twitter and FB being around.  The mystery surrounding the show just made for such fun discussions week in and week out.

100% - I miss that. The hours I spent at work (I mean, umm, before and after work) reading theories about WTF was going on and all the nuances I missed in the days between episodes were more fun than watching the shows. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Saying a "significant %" is a stretch IMO.  

I'd think it may lose people from viewing it on Sunday right at 9pm, but they will just watch it afterwards.  The total viewership of the show isn't going to go down or anything.

And the people that DO like to watch Sunday at 9pm and hop on the net to discuss it are still going to do that.  It's more of an event than SNF is for many people.

im not saying it’ll change total viewership at all. 

but SNF is the NFL’s biggest prime time slot. And has been for a while. 

not sure why this is difficult to understand. Most people won’t want to watch the game if they don’t catch it live, but there’s really no downside to watching HotD a day or two later (except missing the event part and immediate discussion of it - which is what the conversation was about)

and for the % part - I was thinking people who like both. Obviously people that don’t care for football (or SNF) are unaffected by football starting. 

Edited by tshile

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

While ep 2 was a bit slower, it was still great and a lot of important things happened. Felt like classic GoT. 

I was "iffy" about the premiere episode. Pilots are always awkard IMO. Introducing characters, the chemistry is odd between the actors, they always just taste kind of like "cardboard" episodes to me. Episode two brought me right back into the old GoT feels. I loved it and can't wait for more. Even the "slow" portions provided intrigue and moved the plot along very well. 

• Like 1

After a few years I jumped back into the Fire and Blood and Wiki of Ice and Fire stuff about the Targaeryan's in general. 

The reign of Jaeharys (Viserys grandfather and predecessor, I think, who was the King at the Great Council) ... was probably the coolest part of the history because he reigned for so long and much of the Targ power was cultivated during his 60 year reign. But ... it was peaceful (as the show alludes to) and probably not super interesting from a conflict standpoint. 

The other three sequences in the histories outside of the GoT stories I think are where HBO are going with spinoffs/series/etc. The early success of Dragons might end up greenlighting these stories in a way that Star Wars has evolved into various stories and spinoffs.

The best is probably the one Dragons is covering.

Then there's the political dynamics of the Blackfyre Rebellion that takes place about 80-90 years after Dragons and 90 years before Thrones.

The other is Dunk and Egg, which I think takes place about 50 years before Robert's Rebellion, and the "Egg" being Aegon, Dany's Great Grandfather, and Maester Aemon's brother Aegon.

I hope HBO chooses to cover these at some point. Dragons just touches the surface of what HBO could cover in the 300+ year history of the Targaryan's leading up to GOT. I have to think continued success with Dragons ensures at least another series or spinoff, probably on the heels of Dragons especially if they're only going to cover 2-4 seasons.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

That standoff on the bridge. /chef’s kiss. 

So far the show really misses a Tyrion type character to point out all of the absurdities of the things people in this world just accept, and also to pee on random things. 

10 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I hope HBO chooses to cover these at some point. Dragons just touches the surface of what HBO could cover in the 300+ year history of the Targaryan's leading up to GOT. I have to think continued success with Dragons ensures at least another series or spinoff, probably on the heels of Dragons especially if they're only going to cover 2-4 seasons.

https://ew.com/tv/game-of-thrones-every-spinoff-in-development/

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2