Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Commanders 'n Chiefs (No Politics In The Stadium Edition)

TK
Message added by TK,

1473048416_ScreenShot2022-08-20at7_02_19PM.thumb.png.3bf5e06fac0d3b28aad7603b4ee91d11.png

2 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I can’t see Ron going any where sans a blow up season where they win 3 games. 

im more afraid of them winning 8 and missing the playoffs feeling they need to do something big. 

it’s so obvious just how mid they are. They aren’t close to winning anything of note. They are team building to compete for the 7th seed. That’s the goal for this organization 

This team will be nowhere near a 7th seed. Honestly, Dallas and Philly could sweep us again this year.

14 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I'm still iffy on Turner as OC (I don't even need to reiterate my disbelief in JDR at this point, yeah?).  It still feels like a very old-school designed offense and while adding speed is going to help, like it would for any coordinator, it still seems too horizontal.  Maybe the offense is holding the downfield throwing back during the preseason the way the Chiefs don't need to due to being a known commodity, but either no one is getting open downfield, Wentz isn't 100% comfortable in the scheme yet, or they just aren't calling the big plays until Week 1.

ive seen enough of Turner to know that he’s not the right guy. He has no feel for in game playcalling and his scheme just doesn’t take advantage of matchups the way modern schemes do. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I suppose this is the downside to going up against Mahommes in the preseason.  Hard to tell sometimes whether the defense is that bad, or we are just witnessing Mahommes do Mohommes things out there, that 90% of the NFL QBs can't do?

I can see that, but one of those TD throws his reciever looked wide open, his backup coulda made that td

Edited by Renegade7

Taylor gonna be in this league for ten years. He is a solid nfl qb.   

2 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

ive seen enough of Turner to know that he’s not the right guy. He has no feel for in game playcalling and his scheme just doesn’t take advantage of matchups the way modern schemes do. 

I agree 

• Like 2