Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Commanders 'n Chiefs (No Politics In The Stadium Edition)

TK
Message added by TK,

1473048416_ScreenShot2022-08-20at7_02_19PM.thumb.png.3bf5e06fac0d3b28aad7603b4ee91d11.png

Wentz should be playing these snaps.  He needs all the reps he can get.  Mahomes was out here with 19 attempts, Wentz only had 9.  Part of that is converting 6-7 3rd downs, but still.  And i get the OL concern, but they held up ok when Wentz was in there.  I don't see how he'll have any rhythm established in this offense when the games count. 

• Like 1

I'm still iffy on Turner as OC (I don't even need to reiterate my disbelief in JDR at this point, yeah?).  It still feels like a very old-school designed offense and while adding speed is going to help, like it would for any coordinator, it still seems too horizontal.  Maybe the offense is holding the downfield throwing back during the preseason the way the Chiefs don't need to due to being a known commodity, but either no one is getting open downfield, Wentz isn't 100% comfortable in the scheme yet, or they just aren't calling the big plays until Week 1.

• Like 2

Just now, justice98 said:

Wentz should be playing these snaps.  He needs all the reps he can get.  Mahomes was out here with 19 attempts, Wentz only had 9.  Part of that is converting 6-7 3rd downs, but still.  And i get the OL concern, but they held up ok when Wentz was in there.  I don't see how he'll have any rhythm established in this offense when the games count. 

Normally, I would agree. However, our receivers couldn't catch a cold.

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

I wouldn't necessarily agree with this in past preseasons, but I've seen enough from BRJR and the run blocking to make the educated guess they will be good to go Week 1.  I want to see Wentz passing in more situations, and plays being called that attack the field.  I think it also doesn't help that we have approx 37 Tight Ends injured right now so that is a glaring empty spot on the field.  Maybe Rivera has just decided they aren't going to attack with the starting units.

Brutal game, our only hope of masking our below average defense is to pray the offense starts clicking and can keep us competitive throughout the year.

So far you have to say this doesn't look like a good football team.

Edited by JSSkinz

I can’t see Ron going any where sans a blow up season where they win 3 games. 

im more afraid of them winning 8 and missing the playoffs feeling they need to do something big. 

it’s so obvious just how mid they are. They aren’t close to winning anything of note. They are team building to compete for the 7th seed. That’s the goal for this organization