Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Commanders 'n Chiefs (No Politics In The Stadium Edition)

TK
Message added by TK,

1473048416_ScreenShot2022-08-20at7_02_19PM.thumb.png.3bf5e06fac0d3b28aad7603b4ee91d11.png

Just now, Zim489 said:

I would have loved BRJ in 2005. The game is just so different now. The running game can only do so much. It helps you beat bad teams more. It wont help much over a run of good teams with better passing games.

Its still nice to have a weapon in the backfield. I mean you gotta have RBs on your roster, might as well have good ones. 

• Like 3

Just now, 88Comrade2000 said:

I will say now; we aren’t winning both our first 2 games. Either Jacksonville or Detroit will pull an upset.

thats not a bold prediction. We all want to ignore the facts with this team and the facts are that we have one of the worst coaching staffs in all of football. 

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

This is a great point, Mike.  You're right.  But there's no excuse for the D being as bad as they have been on 3rd downs so far.

I agree the 3rd down defense has been embarrassing, the only thing I can't be sure of is if they are running vanilla soft zones on purpose because it's preseason and during regular season they will send more pressure at the QB, because soft zone on 3rd downs will never work unless you force the QB into errant throws.  A secondary cannot hold NFL caliber players all day with so much open field.  Zone coverage is designed to take advantage of mistakes and so far Mahommes hasn't been pressured into any (he is prob done for the day)