Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Ron's New Team vs Ron's Old Team

TK
Message added by TK,

1002617961_ScreenShot2022-08-13at4_09_48PM.thumb.png.bd0d4fe38fd812c9ec0f604ffe85d3e8.png

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

Corral got a negative score on the Wonderlic, didn’t he?

Lol, he got like a 15.   For that reason I dropped him on my draft list that some of us created for the draft thread.  That's even worse than dudes like Trubisky who IMO come off like they aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer.  😀

In the end, I had him and Howell in back to back slots in the top 100 we all produced.  I had them basically in a tie.  And I elevated Willis to being my #1 QB.  But I wasn't and I am still not pounding the table for any of those QBs from this draft where I have full confidence.  I think the top 5 all have a chance but there is a lot of wildcard IMO in all of them.

Corral wasn't sharp today.   But heck its one game.   I recall in preseason game 1 of his rookie season, a bunch of people goofed on Parsons not looking hot in that game (not you) -- and lol, I warned them its bad karma to write off a player based on some plays in preseason game 1. 

But lol, as we all know, no one in the NFL has figured out the Qb spot where they are QB evaluation gurus -- i am certainly not claiming that I am the dude who broke that elusive QB code.  :ols:    I am just a fan who likes watching college football.   I've been right about some QBs, I've been wrong.  As for Corral, I liked him, didn't love him.  But will see how it unfolds for the dude.  My biggest worry is his frame.  

Loved what I saw from Howell today.   Unlike some national mock draft "gurus", I dug this draft for this team.  I liked Dotson.  As the draft was unfolding, I pounded the table for Robinson, Cole Turner and actually Howell too when he started dropping in that draft.    Good start IMO for this class.  So I am jazzed. 😀

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, TK said:

What I liked the best about that play was usually when a young QB w/wheels is forced out of the pocket, and has some open field, their instincts tell them to take off running immediately, however Howell, once he felt his safety was re-stablished he stopped and looked for someone open downfield before committing to running.

Very smart play for a rookie in his first action on the field.

• Like 8
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

What I liked the best about that play was usually when a young QB w/wheels is forced out of the pocket, and has some open field, their instincts tell them to take off running immediately, however Howell, once he felt his safety was re-stablished he stopped and looked for someone open downfield before committing to running.

Forget that, he did a pump fake 5 yards down the field, and the guy went for it

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

42 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Somebody make that man a steak for his efforts please!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think I know of one person of whom you speak....

lol, its not just him but he's the most outspoken.  😀

Granted preseason and camp can be misleading at times.  But its better of course to look good than bad during that phase.  And judging by early reports not only isn't their draft bad they might have killed it.

Judging by reports.  Dotson has looked great.  Good reports on Mathis. Robinson has looked great.  Cole Turner has looked great.  Butler has looked good.  Howell has looked good.  Keim has touted Chris Paul.  A bunch have touted Holmes.  

Even if lets say these guys are wrong about 2 of those players -- this could end up a special draft, not to jinx it though.  :ols:

As for Thor Nystrom.  He ironically was especially harsh on the Brian Robinson pick.  I don't get that.  The dude is 6 '1, 225 pounds.  So he has this drill, its not just him with this narrative, that he's the slow plodding, short yardage guy so they overreached on him.  When the facts are he has good speed for his size, low 4.5's.  He had the highest number of missed tackles among this draft class aside from K. Walker.  He had one of the highest numbers of 15 yard plus runs.   He has some of the better hands in this class.  He is one of the better pass protectors.   He screams complete back IMO. 

Thor claims he's obsessed with numbers.  OK, if so his narrative about Robinson is plain weird.  And its not just him.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

• TK unpinned this topic
56 minutes ago, purbeast said:

For all the chatter about Wentz and how inaccurate he was in training camp, he was pretty damn accurate for the most part today.

Yep, and there was only one play where I thought he was holding the ball too long and that was the incomplete over the middle in traffic to Hodges.

If I want to be super critical, his ball

placement to Samuel on his first catch could have been better.  But, yeah, no missed layups today.  Good outing.

25 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Yep, and there was only one play where I thought he was holding the ball too long and that was the incomplete over the middle in traffic to Hodges.

If I want to be super critical, his ball

placement to Samuel on his first catch could have been better.  But, yeah, no missed layups today.  Good outing.

Just watching the game now. The two deep balls throws to Terry were incomplete. The ball placement wasn't there for the first throw. The second one should have been a PI or else that would have been a catch. But yeah not bad for his first pre-season game with a new team and offense. 

8 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Just watching the game now. The two deep balls throws to Terry were incomplete. The ball placement wasn't there for the first throw. The second one should have been a PI or else that would have been a catch. But yeah not bad for his first pre-season game with a new team and offense. 

What was the first throw?  I looked back at the play log and couldn’t find it.  They have Terry down for two targets.  One was his catch and the other was the deep ball that you mentioned could have been PI.  Are you talking about the deep ball to Dotson that didn’t hit, but they picked up the 1st on defensive holding?

51 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

What was the first throw?  I looked back at the play log and couldn’t find it.  They have Terry down for two targets.  One was his catch and the other was the deep ball that you mentioned could have been PI.  Are you talking about the deep ball to Dotson that didn’t hit, but they picked up the 1st on defensive holding?

Sorry, it was Rogers. It was his second throw of the game. 

Edited by zCommander