Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Ron's New Team vs Ron's Old Team

TK
Message added by TK,

1002617961_ScreenShot2022-08-13at4_09_48PM.thumb.png.bd0d4fe38fd812c9ec0f604ffe85d3e8.png

8 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Howell wasn't drafted to hold a clipboard, people who think Henicke's spot at #2 on the depth chart is safe are mistaken.

The difference right now is Howell has to learn the things at are coachable where as Henicke's issues can't be solved with coaching. 

It'll take more than one nice showing in preseason for him to get there but Howell is going to be the backup sooner than later, and let's be real, that's why he was drafted because regardless of how Wentz turns out, the coaches likely don't want to be a play away from turning to Henicke for any amount of extended time.

Makes sense. TH is an insurance policy until Howell is ready to either start or be the backup. 

Just now, Conn said:

but imo for those people it was like in a Trey Lance way, where the kid’s a ball of clay but not close to ready 

Nope. Not for me. He was my QB1. My reservation was based only on a tendency to hold the ball too long at times and his not so prototypical height.

• Like 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

You must be loving the Howell and Patterson show right now.

Yup. Both guys are players. I am not married to Williams or Patterson but one of them needs to be on the roster. 

Howell is a perfect fit for this offense and the fact that he was a 5th rounder is embarassing for scouting departments to be honest.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Nope. Not for me. He was my QB1. My reservation was based only on a tendency to hold the ball too long at times and his not so prototypical height.

Corral? I must have forgotten that in the shadow of your Howell fandom 

13 minutes ago, Conn said:

so was Heinicke’s poor performance admirable bc he was an inexperienced guy who hardly played in the NFL before we threw him to the wolves, or is he insurmountable competition as the #2 because Howell has to learn the NFL to the massive degree that Heinicke has 

can’t really see how you can have it both ways 

TH came to the team as a veteran. He understood the nfl. Howell is a rookie. And i personally think he will be a better qb if he watches for a year. And if Wentz falls apart this year he should start next year.

• Thumb up 1