Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

On 7/6/2022 at 8:55 AM, Voice_of_Reason said:

In the past, the team asked you to get your free training camp pass by signing up on-line and then bringing the ticket to training camp. 

My guess is they are trying to foster a little momentum to get people to sign up, and so they can see earlier how many people want to come.  I doubt very much they are going to "sell out" of space.  They let everybody who wanted to get in in even during the Griffin camps, which were pretty crowded.

My guess is at the end of the day (it's night, but also) you'll be able to go to any practice you want to.  Unless there are hoards of people who want to go.  Which I doubt.  

Yeah, I remember having to fill in the "invitation" several times, but I don't recall them ever requiring the physical form to gain entrance. 

I went to a couple practices during Griffin's rookie camp. It was crowded, but not terrible.

You've got me feeling more optimistic about the chance of getting in this year, but it's just an extra thing I have to navigate. Since we aren't local to the area, we have to schedule it around our work schedules, hotel availability, getting someone to babysit our dogs and cat overnight, etc. I liked it when I could look at the schedule and pick a date and then work with that. At least with the name change, I won't be visiting and spending money at the Redskins store at Dulles Town Center after practice, but the price of gas and eating at restaurants is also going to be ridiculous this summer. 

45 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

Yeah, I remember having to fill in the "invitation" several times, but I don't recall them ever requiring the physical form to gain entrance. 

I went to a couple practices during Griffin's rookie camp. It was crowded, but not terrible.

You've got me feeling more optimistic about the chance of getting in this year, but it's just an extra thing I have to navigate. Since we aren't local to the area, we have to schedule it around our work schedules, hotel availability, getting someone to babysit our dogs and cat overnight, etc. I liked it when I could look at the schedule and pick a date and then work with that. At least with the name change, I won't be visiting and spending money at the Redskins store at Dulles Town Center after practice, but the price of gas and eating at restaurants is also going to be ridiculous this summer. 

Yeah, I think give it a week or so and much more information is going to come out.

The only thing I could offer is you do know when one of the practices will be, the one at FedEx.  If you have to plan around something, that's fixed.  And you can sign up through ticketmaster to get lower bowl access.  Though, I don't imagine it will be packed, so I imagine everybody will be in the lower bowl.   

It's not the same as at the park, but the date/time is set for that one.  

My buddy, a disgusting eagles fan living in LA, said he was out at dinner last night sitting a table away from wentz, mclaurin, Samuel, Logan, and dyami. Said they looked like they were having a great time… and also that wentz sprained is wrist cutting his steak.

Not saying one dinner means the world, but it seems to contradict the colts’ claims about him being aloof and distant from the team.

Edited by CTskin
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, CTskin said:

My buddy, a disgusting eagles fan living in LA, said he was out at dinner last night sitting a table away from wentz, mclaurin, Samuel, Logan, and dyami. Said they looked like they were having a great time… and also that wentz sprained is wrist cutting his steak.

Not saying one dinner means the world, but it seems to contradict the colts’ claims about him being aloof and distant from the team.

If he's a feebles fan,  then he's no friend.  🤣

HTTR!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CTskin said:

And there was the pick of Dotson and AG with them posted earlier. Love that these guys are all linking up like this. Our team is hungry. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

And there was the pick of Dotson and AG with them posted earlier. Love that these guys are all linking up like this. Our team is hungry. 

Love to see it. Also, I’m thinking my guy may have confused dyami for Dotson, at least I’m kind of hoping he did. From what we saw in otas, it looks like wentz-Dotson have chemistry.

PS- saw u responded and was sure you were going to dig me for the Philly comment. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CTskin said:

From what I've read (probably from sources SIP posted), Wentz vibes with only certain types of people.  The boisterous bravado types that Eagles and Colts wanted to build around were not that. Our locker room demeanor and who the team has chosen as leaders is not that.

Wentz should fit in, personality wise, better here.

Edited by Always A Commander Never A Captain
  • Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

From what I've read (probably from sources SIP posted), Wentz vibes with only certain types of people.  The boisterous bravado types that Eagles and Colts wanted to build around were not that. Our locker room demeanor and who the team has chosen as leaders is not that.

Wentz should fit in, personality wise, better here.

Yeah, it also could be that over the years he has matured a bit.  The younger you are, typically, the more you are drawn to people with your life view/approach, and the less experience you have with people who are different.  

I imagine going from literally BFE where he grew up to Philly was a HUGE culture shock for him, and I imagine it was difficult to adjust.

He's 5 years older, had a lot more life experiences, and I would expect him to just generally be better at that now than then.  That's not a football thing, that's a human growing up thing.  

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't get the impression Dyami is there and if so I am surprised considering according to multiple camp observors Wentz and Dyami didn't have much chemistry

I'm ready to write off Dyami. Not every pick works out.

That draft really needs Cosmi, St. Juste, and Bates to take a step up as they seem the most likely candidates. I think Jamin Davis has a better chance of panning out than Dyami at this point.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

I'm ready to write off Dyami. Not every pick works out.

That draft really needs Cosmi, St. Juste, and Bates to take a step up as they seem the most likely candidates. I think Jamin Davis has a better chance of panning out than Dyami at this point.

That's the vibe I am getting too but will see. 

There was one media draft geek, forgetting whom who was really down on Dyami before that draft.  His thought from what I recall was something alone the lines that Dyami was too much a one trick pony in college and that was going deep and while 4.45 is good enough to run past some corners in the ACC -- its not fast enough to do it in the NFL on a regular basis if that's what you are going to major in.

I don't really have a strong opinion right now about Dyami one way or another.  But I'd say if its true that he's one of the only Wrs not practicing with Wentz (I don't know for sure but I haven't seen his name mentioned) and supposedly he and Wentz didn't have much chemistry in camp so far -- its certainly not a good sign.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

I got an email thursday for the lottery. I am very excited.

I live about 5 minutes from The Park. I can easily be there for camp.

I was never a fan of them going to Richmond. They should have held it locally all along. Ain' nobody driving 2 hours south to see the team practice lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I got an email thursday for the lottery. I am very excited.

I live about 5 minutes from The Park. I can easily be there for camp.

I was never a fan of them going to Richmond. They should have held it locally all along. Ain' nobody driving 2 hours south to see the team practice lol

Actually, plenty of people did. But I agree, I’m glad camp is back in ashburn too, even though I did enjoy the couple of bus rides I took to Richmond for camp for a few hours for a couple years :) 

I’m with you guys on Dyami. I think he was more of a product of Mack Brown and his offense than his individual abilities. 

However the one thing to keep in mind is that he is going into his second year. I know a lot of rookie wide receivers now come in and make an impact right away. But it wasn’t that long ago it took 3 years for receivers to get in their stride. Let’s see how he does in camp before writing him off. 

Good to see Wentz bringing in the boys to work out with!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I'm gonna guess -

left to right back row

Milne-Wentz-Don't know-Gibson-Cole Turner

left to right front row

TMac-Dotson-Cam Sims

I was thinking Bates, not Turner. Turner has long hair.

Actually, Turner top right, Heinicke in the middle.

Edited by Koolblue13

10 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Actually, plenty of people did. But I agree, I’m glad camp is back in ashburn too, even though I did enjoy the couple of bus rides I took to Richmond for camp for a few hours for a couple years :) 

I never bothered. You ever drive down 95 around fredericksburg on a weekend? Traffic longer than the eye can see...

• Like 1