Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

8 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Lmaoo stop 😂 no he isnt. 

Did you guys forget about his arrest on DUI charges and the felony charges that were dropped to misdemeanors?  Guy is the epitome of a narcissist. He screwed Peyton and Peyton retired as a Bronco not a Colt. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2014/03/17/colts-owner-jim-irsay-arrested-on-suspicion-of-driving-while-intoxicated/

• Like 3

1 minute ago, skinsfan93 said:

Did you guys forget about his arrest on DUI charges and the felony charges that were dropped to misdemeanors?  Guy is the epitome of a narcissist. He screwed Peyton and Peyton retired as a Bronco not a Colt. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2014/03/17/colts-owner-jim-irsay-arrested-on-suspicion-of-driving-while-intoxicated/

And Snyder is still the worst NFL owner. It is meant as a commentary on Snyder, not Irsay. Trying to parse the minutiae between these two turds is beneath all of us anyways. But there’s really no need at all to insist that Snyder isn’t the worst owner in all of professional sports, or at least in contention for the title. Irsay is terrible too. 

59 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He was.  And we saddled him with one bad QB after the next.  

But I don’t think he was ever a top 10-15 receiver in the league.  He would have been an absolute beast as a #2 with a good QB.

Yeah, if you want to see the definition of stud WR with bad rotating QBs, it's Tim Brown. Dude was every bit as good or better than Jerry Rice.

8 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Lots of people have Duieies. Not everyone has dragged a cheerleader into their limo or kidnapped a bunch of them in a foreign country to sell to rich friends.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Yeah, if you want to see the definition of stud WR with bad rotating QBs, it's Tim Brown. Dude was every bit as good or better than Jerry Rice.

Eh, I'm not so sure about all that.  Jerry was special in his own right, but there is no question that he also benefited from his situation: HOF coach, revolutionary scheme, 2 HOF QBs back to back.  

But there were other 49ers receivers who came and went, and none of them touched his production under the same circumstances.

Tim Brown was great, and no doubt didn't benefit from the same situation.  But I can't give him "every bit as good as Jerry Rice."  Rice might be the best player in the history of the NFL at any position.  You can debate the best player at just about every position in football except WR.  Rice's numbers are SO far out in front of everybody else's, and he didn't even play in the pass-first NFL.

Yards:

1. Rice - 22,895

2. Larry Fitzgerald - 17, 494.

Rice is 4,000+ yards ahead of #2.  That's McLaurin's entire career ahead of #2.  

TDs:

1. Rice - 197

2. Randy Moss - 156.

3. Owens - 153

4. Cris Carter - 130

Rice lapped the field. Was it partially due to his situation?  Sure.  But I'm not putting anybody else even remotely in his league. 

Could Brown have put up the same numbers if he was in Jerry's situation?  Maybe.  But, honestly, I doubt it.  Jerry was just special in so many ways.  

42 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Lots of people have Duieies. Not everyone has dragged a cheerleader into their limo or kidnapped a bunch of them in a foreign country to sell to rich friends

Let's not minimize how much of a douche Irsay is.  Also, I'd be willing to bet he HAS done a lot of the same stuff Dan is accused of doing, except he's much smarter about not getting caught doing it. He is an entitled, rich-kid, drug using, arrogant, unbelievably lucky to be who he is and had the success he has had while not contributing to any of it jackass. 

I'm not defending Dan in any way in saying this, but there is no reason not to think Irsay is a total ass hat also.  

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

Question for the QB gurus out there. Would it be easier to throw to a receiver when there are defenders around? What I mean by this is when throwing to a WR without anyone around you might not have a "spot" that you "must" throw it too (other than of course actual timing routes where you may be throwing to a spot). With DB's you know where not to throw it and it gives a more finite target for the QB to aim for. I overthinking this?

That's an excellent question. I am not a QB guru, however I do give handgun lessons and have my own range. I will tell you that every shooter will shoot a significantly smaller group when shooting at a smaller target. The best are able to "pick a hair" on a larger target, or aim for their initial hole to better allow them to better focus.  Let Wentz (or any QB) shoot at a full silhouette and his groups will be large, add a bright 1" dot to the same target and groups will tighten. You have given me something to watch for this season.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, skinsfan93 said:

DUI charges>Snyders toxic workplace.

1 hour ago, skinsfan93 said:

How did he "screw" Peyton?  Peyton was able to go to a better team and win his second Super Bowl.

:229:The Rook

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Let's not minimize how much of a douche Irsay is.  Also, I'd be willing to bet he HAS done a lot of the same stuff Dan is accused of doing, except he's much smarter about not getting caught doing it.  

I seriously doubt that. He's a dopehead. Dopeheads are known for doing stupid crap and getting in trouble for it, and he's known for just that. Meanwhile Snyder has everyone that comes within 10ft of him sign an NDA. I'd be willing to bet that there's a lot more crap out there that nobody can say anything about Snyder than Irsay. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Lots of people have Duieies. Not everyone has dragged a cheerleader into their limo or kidnapped a bunch of them in a foreign country to sell to rich friends.

To be fair not everyone has had a mistress turn up dead of an overdose in one of three homes they bought them, not shown up for the funeral and THEN gotten a dui with a different mistress in the car with them 9 days after the other mistress being found dead either while having $30,000 in cash and a laundry bag full of prescription pills. its much deeper than just a dui. https://nypost.com/2014/10/16/ex-mistress-overdose-in-background-of-colts-owners-pill-arrest/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

And Snyder never had one of his coaches get their house shot up with over 80 bullets by “accident,” like the drug-addicted Irsay, either…

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Jesus, I didn't know all that about Irsay. I wish I was born rich.

This is last thing ill say on the topic but it would be interesting to see an alternate universe where Dan and Irsays situations are flip flopped. Like if you put Dan in a smaller market in Indy with the benefit of having had peyton manning and andrew luck an Irsay in dc without having that same benefit how differently would both be looked at? especially considering by all accounts irsay is very involved ala dan and jerry

• Like 2

Not to mention Mayflower in the middle of the the night by his dad after saying recently you are not moving the team from Baltimore.  Wonder what Washington is in store for one day when Snyder jr. takes over? Always thought Model got a bad rap from Cleveland, had 1930 stadium, no box seats, year after year he put up with it. Then when he moves team, they build a new stadium.  And He let them keep their name when Irsay's would not.

• Like 2

So what's the latest word on Jamin Davis from camp... has he progressed at all from last year?  I saw a couple good things from him last year but definitely not worthy of a first round pick.

I felt one of the reasons he struggled last year was not being able to get off of a block because of how much stronger and more talented his competition is vs college, was hoping he could bulk up some this year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

I seriously doubt that. He's a dopehead. Dopeheads are known for doing stupid crap and getting in trouble for it, and he's known for just that. Meanwhile Snyder has everyone that comes within 10ft of him sign an NDA. I'd be willing to bet that there's a lot more crap out there that nobody can say anything about Snyder than Irsay. 

I absolutely would be willing to bet all the money in my left front pocket that Irsay, Jerry, and just about every other organization has the same MDA policy and I really don’t find it hard to believe there are sketchy things about all of them which are as bad as Dan.  

I swear if Jerry  was targeted in the same way as Dan has been from an investigative journalism perspective,  you would find as much slimy stuff with him. How many cheerleaders do you think he’s groped  over the years? It’s gotta be in the thousands.   He’s been directly accused of sexual misconduct.  It’s been settled and swept under the rug quietly.  But the cowboys win more, he has 3 SBs and Jerry is a revolutionary in terms of marketing and money making.  Irsay is the same. He lucked into Polian, Peyton, Luck and some significant winning.  I’m sure there are NDAs all over the place, drunken hookups which were covered up, all kinds of things. He’s a petulant child. 

As I said, I’m not minimizing how putrid Dan is, but if you don’t think a whole lot of the same stuff is out there with other owners, you’re absolutely kidding yourself. It’s a main reason Dan still an owner.  If they vote him out, if he has any inkling of similar stuff, he’ll sue them and ask for discovery, and then all those NDAs will come out. And they don’t want that.  It’s like the Cold War, mutually assured destruction. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I got Marken Michel, or is it Marko Mitchell, at the last WR spot.

So you're thinking we keep 6 WRs?

Terry

Dotson

Samuel

Sims

Brown

Michel?

I was hoping Milne would make the team again this year too.

10 minutes ago, Conn said:

How big or ripped a dude looks with his shirt off really has nothing to do with his functional play strength against other NFL athletes, it’s an adjustment for most players coming out of college.

I'm no expert, but jamin davis does not need to bulk up, unless you want to convert him to defensive tackle.

He's plenty big enough and has plenty of strength he just needs to learn how to use that strength. 

You make him any "bulkier" than that picture and now you got laron Landry on your hands.

5 minutes ago, SkinsWmsbg said:

So you're thinking we keep 6 WRs?

Terry

Dotson

Samuel

Sims

Brown

Michel?

I was hoping Milne would make the team again this year too.

Milne having a great camp. Some are saying he could take Sims' spot.

I remember when we drafted Milne last year, everyone said he looked like he was 12 years old.

So, that being the case, we shouldn't be surprised at him taking huge strides this year. I mean, when a kid goes through puberty, he starts maturing real fast in the next couple years.

Another difference/advantage with Milne over Sims ; Special Teams, man. Special Teams

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Milne having a great camp. Some are saying he could take Sims' spot.

I remember when we drafted Milne last year, everyone said he looked like he was 12 years old.

So, that being the case, we shouldn't be surprised at him taking huge strides this year. I mean, when a kid goes through puberty, he starts maturing real fast in the next couple years.

If we do waive Sims I want his number on speed dial for if/when Samuel's goes down!

• Like 1