Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

What's most interesting about that vid is how much responsibility Mayhew seems to have. We all kinda assume he's just a GM in name only but its kinda like him and Rivera are running things together. Its kinda like Veach and Reid in Kansas City or Schneider and Carroll in Seattle.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, max21 said:

Has Percy Butler been mentioned at all, I don’t feel that great about McCain 

Don’t feel great about McCain either, but he did play better towards the end of the year. Hope to hear a mention of Percy soon as, eventually, we may need him. The jump from college FB to the NFL cannot be overstated, and can take time. Guess we’ll see, and hope he “gets it”. 

Edited by Riggo'sRangers
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Rivera seemed to be pretty angry at the media today about constantly asking about chase young 

Oh well. Unless they learned something in the past 3 days of camp to today that changed the Chase prognosis, it's a self inflicted mistake. He didn't have to say anything today about not being ready for the season. But he did. 

• Like 1

I'd go to camp one day if I had the opportunity. Didnt even know about the lottery. No argument that the excitement for this franchise has fallen off a cliff but I think the training camp attendance this year is more the result of a botched effort by the front office. Another mark on Jason Wright's resume...

Dan has created a running joke to all media in every way imaginable. It’s just ****ing sad to be honest.  He, and basically he alone, has single handily destroyed a storied and revered franchise. He should sell us out of mercy and just fade away into wealthland.  Frankly, he was just a lucky SOB in the right time, with enough capital, to get into a hot market, sell, and profit enough to buy a NFL Franchise. He has failed at every other single business venture. He is basically bad, at everything, but just got lucky once.  How I rue the day that he had the means to buy us. I just don’t see us ever getting out from under his dark cloud, ever. He is the reason I really don’t give a **** now.  Dark days indeed. I detest him to his core. Sorry for the rant. **** you Dan Snyder. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I don't think people are giving Dan or the FO enough **** for this botched lottery - complete and UTTER MARKETING FAILURE on their part! Nobody is getting hyped for a new team with a new name, when only 5 PEOPLE ARE AT TRAINING CAMP!

5 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Dan has created a running joke to all media in every way imaginable. It’s just ****ing sad to be honest.  He, and basically he alone, has single handily destroyed a storied and revered franchise. He should sell us out of mercy and just fade away into wealthland.  Frankly, he was just a lucky SOB in the right time, with enough capital, to get into a hot market, sell, and profit enough to buy a NFL Franchise. He has failed at every other single business venture. He is basically bad, at everything, but just got lucky once.  How I rue the day that he had the means to buy us. I just don’t see us ever getting out from under his dark cloud, ever. He is the reason I really don’t give a **** now.  Dark days indeed. I detest him to his core. Sorry for the rant. **** you Dan Snyder. 

You know what's worse than charging for parking for training camp?

Holding an unfair and rigged lottery for 3 spots for training camp.

Marketing 101: New product. Gotta get people excited. Open up the gates and let everyone in. Who the **** cares about parking. Park on the side of the road. Park in front of the facility. Park on the grass. GET THE HYPE MACHINE GOING. GET THE TEAM OUT FOR THE PUBLIC TO SEE. Don't hold it behind closed doors and lock it off to those with access. What egghead marketing doofus thought that one up?

"People are apathetic about us. We have a lot of scandal and turmoil. The organization is in trouble.

You know what we need? We need to piss the already angry fans off some more, and lock off training camp. Only 4 lucky winners can see them every day."

Edited by ixcuincle
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@ixcuincle it’s already been reported that yesterdays practice was for suite holders. Todays turnout was much better from what I’ve heard. 

Also,  your part about about people not giving dan and the FO enough credit for the botched lottery: huh?? Plenty of people are 😂 are you blind? 

I don't think that's right about suite holders. It was a public session from what I heard.

The reason it was so low was because of "lack of" parking. Also many accuse Nicki of "posting the wrong angle" and that there were more people there -- false accusation!

Edited by ixcuincle

8 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I don't think that's right about suite holders. It was a public session from what I heard.

The reason it was so low was because of "lack of" parking. Also many accuse Nicki of "posting the wrong angle" and that there were more people there -- false accusation!

The sports junkies on 106.7 reported today that yesterday was for suite holders and there were 25 people there (not 5). Todays practice was for season ticket holders (Rio from Rambling with Rio attended today because of that) 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

34 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

All that's fine and dandy, but this is the wrong thread for that.  There is a Dan related thread...

My opinion, let's try to keep Dan out of the training camp thread, unless he shows up and starts taking 3rd team reps at LB, which I believe is still a team need.  Maybe he's so short on cash, he will need to call his own number to fill in.  He is a little undersized, though....  So when that happens, I'd be happy to discuss him in the Training Camp thread.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

All that's fine and dandy, but this is the wrong thread for that.  There is a Dan related thread...

My opinion, let's try to keep Dan out of the training camp thread, unless he shows up and starts taking 3rd team reps at LB, which I believe is still a team need.  Maybe he's so short on cash, he will need to call his own number to fill in.  He is a little undersized, though....  So when that happens, I'd be happy to discuss him in the Training Camp thread.  

Apologies. A moment in time. Won’t happen again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

OH COME ON

Dan Playing Scatback was right there!

Your letting us down bro

Scatback would probably have been a better option.  :P

But since this is a football thread, and we need back LBs, that's where my mind went.  

FWIW, I would LOVE to see Dan try and play LB.  (And then get trucked by an OL.)  

2 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Apologies. A moment in time. Won’t happen again. 

It's no problem, it's just that every thread eventually becomes a Dan thread, and I think for those of us who just want to talk ball in those threads, it's exhausting.  

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The vibe I get on this listening to various beat guys talk about it -- 4-6 games give or take. 

That sounds about right as the timeline would fit the rehab.

In order to heal ligaments it takes a long time and the only thing that can speed that up is rHGH (which is a PED for NFL players). This is dumb and antiquated because clinically it's a prescribed treatment for major trauma and post surgery.

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The vibe I get on this listening to various beat guys talk about it -- 4-6 games give or take. 

Seems like all the beat guys say they are hearing Logan is ahead of Chase and has a shot to start the season.   Logan's ACL surgery apparently wasn't as serious as Chase's surgery

Also makes sense and his timeline could have a wider range.

Problems with tendonitis can emerge during rehab from overuse issues where a guy is immobilized and has muscle atrophy as a result. Attempts to make endurance progress can have secondary consequences like inflammatory conditions. This is why you'd be seeing him wear a sleeve.

Trai Turner with a Quad strain? Not good. 1-3 weeks for a minor quad.

Any AG side field news?  Seems a bit hush-hush.

Curtis Samuel count is 2.5 practice days in a row. Might be a sort of pitch count.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Sorry for the rant. **** you Dan Snyder. 

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

let's try to keep Dan out of the training camp thread

Can't we all just say **** you Dan and get along? 😘

• Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

What's most interesting about that vid is how much responsibility Mayhew seems to have. We all kinda assume he's just a GM in name only but its kinda like him and Rivera are running things together. Its kinda like Veach and Reid in Kansas City or Schneider and Carroll in Seattle.

Yeah they seem to work well together and Rivera trusts him to work the phones and represent the team in trade talks. But it’s also clear they’d had talks in the lead-up to the draft about potential packages that may be on the table if certain players were available (normal S.O.P.), so they already narrowed down the priority of certain potential moves behind closed doors and just had to decide between the options that manifested on the day of. So it’s not like Mayhew really made that choice himself. You can also see Rivera make the final call on Dotson vs. Green, Mayhew actually leads with mentioning Green, then they mention them both, then Rivera dictates Dotson as the final choice.

The interesting part to me was that they did have two teams on the phone who wanted us to trade back a second time, but we preferred Dotson. I think we kinda knew we had other opportunities, but it’s nice to see just how much we valued him in that 16 spot. 

All in all, it was nice to see Doug doing a job he’s actually qualified for, mentoring suits him. Though of course it’s easy to imagine that some players and their entourage probably give him the old “sure pops whatever you say” and blow him off, it’s also easy to see that if they find the right personalities he’s capable of forming that bond, which is a good thing to have in the FO. 

It was also good to see that Hurney was basically posted up at a table in the corner, not actively involved in moment-to-moment decision-making in the war room. That’s what I’d hoped for in my head, more of a consultant and comfortable figure for Rivera than a real part of the brain trust on draft day. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Conn said:

Yeah they seem to work well together and Rivera trusts him to work the phones and represent the team in trade talks. But it’s also clear they’d had talks in the lead-up to the draft about potential packages that may be on the table if certain players were available (normal S.O.P.), so they already narrowed down the priority of certain potential moves behind closed doors and just had to decide between the options that manifested on the day of. So it’s not like Mayhew really made that choice himself. You can also see Rivera make the final call on Dotson vs. Green, Mayhew actually leads with mentioning Green, then they mention them both, then Rivera dictates Dotson as the final choice.

The interesting part to me was that they did have two teams on the phone who wanted us to trade back a second time, but we preferred Dotson. I think we kinda knew we had other opportunities, but it’s nice to see just how much we valued him in that 16 spot. 

All in all, it was nice to see Doug doing a job he’s actually qualified for, mentoring suits him. Though of course it’s easy to imagine that some players and their entourage probably give him the old “sure pops whatever you say” and blow him off, it’s also easy to see that if they find the right personalities he’s capable of forming that bond, which is a good thing to have in the FO. 

It was also good to see that Hurney was basically posted up at a table in the corner, not actively involved in moment-to-moment decision-making in the war room. That’s what I’d hoped for in my head, more of a consultant and comfortable figure for Rivera than a real part of the brain trust on draft day. 

Whoever is handling our trades needs to stop. We are a mini Houston under Bill Obrien

Loved the segment. Ron probably won’t lead us to the promised land (Snyder blows), but I love the guy and I’m happy he is our coach. It actually feels like our FO is a professional group for once. It doesn’t mean I like or agree with everything they do, but the process seems appropriate.

If this team could ever get out of QB purgatory, we could be a fun squad to watch. Loved seeing a positive mention of Sam Howell, no matter who it comes from.

Side note: Samuel off the line of scrimmage is a lightning bolt. Quickest guy on the team. His speed is silly.

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy
  • Like 1