Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 hour ago, method man said:

Dawand Jones is another interesting RT only prospect. 6-8 360 with 36 inch arms who is an absolute mauler in the run game, plays with solid technique and has good athleticism for a man that size. He does have obvious limitations in pass pro against speed guys and won’t be the nimblest and fluid guy blocking in the second level. I see a bigger, more powerful Cornelius Lucas with a meaner streak

Despite that, he will be there when we pick in rd 2 and I would consider him if the Tennessee RT is off the board in round 2.

I am starting to get more open to a Mayer or a non tackle in rd 1 given there will be solid Day 1 starter RT options in rd 2. I also think it is a lock there will be a quality center prospect with the 3rd round comp pick and maybe even in rds 4 and 5

We don't save that much by cutting Roullier and if he does come back and we invest at center in the draft and the guy can also play guard, that's a solid step in quality and depth.

Not gonna lie… Duggan doesn’t speak Pro QB. Nothing about him says “pro QB”. But that last TD pass where he was fading back and literally flicked his wrist and got it to his crosser for a 78 yard TD was tremendous. Might be one of those stash and develop guys that could become something in terms of capable QB play off the bench.

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Not gonna lie… Duggan doesn’t speak Pro QB. Nothing about him says “pro QB”. But that last TD pass where he was fading back and literally flicked his wrist and got it to his crosser for a 78 yard TD was tremendous. Might be one of those stash and develop guys that could become something in terms of capable QB play off the bench.

We already have one of those guys though 

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

We don't save that much by cutting Roullier and if he does come back and we invest at center in the draft and the guy can also play guard, that's a solid step in quality and depth.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-commanders/chase-roullier-21941/#:~:text=Current Contract,average annual salary of %2410%2C125%2C000.

We save $4.7 mil in 2023, that's a healthy amount.  Cap hit of 14 mil in 2024 would be erased as well.  I think he is good as gone.

Lot of NFL talent on display last night. Like SIP mentioned, I wasn't a big Stroud fan but damn he played incredible and that performance against that Georgia defense opened my eyes. If Harrison doesn't get hurt then who knows how this game turns out. For once the playoff committee got something right!!

12 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-commanders/chase-roullier-21941/#:~:text=Current Contract,average annual salary of %2410%2C125%2C000.

We save $4.7 mil in 2023, that's a healthy amount.  Cap hit of 14 mil in 2024 would be erased as well.  I think he is good as gone.

14 ain't bad for a top 5 center if he stays healthy.

13 hours ago, Conn said:

Stroud showing the pocket movement and off-platform throws and creativity that some people thought he didn’t have is going to be huge for him 

Isn't his pocket movement one of his best qualities though? PFF said this about him on one of the mock drafts:

"Stroud has the statistical edge over the rest of the quarterbacks in the class. While some of that is due to the offense and talent around him, Stroud is also tremendous at working the pocket to find receivers on schedule. His 13.2% career pressure-to-sack conversion rate is nearly half that of Justin Fields‘ mark coming out of Ohio State."

12 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Isn't his pocket movement one of his best qualities though? PFF said this about him on one of the mock drafts:

"Stroud has the statistical edge over the rest of the quarterbacks in the class. While some of that is due to the offense and talent around him, Stroud is also tremendous at working the pocket to find receivers on schedule. His 13.2% career pressure-to-sack conversion rate is nearly half that of Justin Fields‘ mark coming out of Ohio State."

He often should a lot of reluctance to use it when it was clear he should more often.

10 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Yeah I kind of like Stroud.  I've only been watching for JSN and PJJr and the RT, not really considering Stroud for us.  But he seems like he's been pretty good.  Don't think he's going to be on the board in our draft range.

We lose next week and the don’t think we pick any lower than 15.  Could also easily move up a few spots as there are so many teams with 7 wins.  If we land at, say 12, then we’re at a digestible trade up scenario if we like one of the top 4 QBs.  One could even fall to that slot without a trade.

I'm posting this now because I don't want to be talked or tricked into accepting this team's decision to draft Anthony Richardson in the first round over the next four months:

We are ****ing insane if we let Ron waste a first round pick (or god help us, more than that) on a QB in a lame duck situation.

We are insane to think the that the tenth QB might be the charm with him.  We are insane to run it back another year with Scott Turner here, I'm praying to God we at least get a little glimmer of clarity and fire that ****ing moron after next week, but I don't have a lot of hope for that.  Regardless, we would be insane to give him another QB to ruin.

And we are insane if we pick a project QB for a lame duck staff over stocking the cupboard for the next regime with a universally translatable stud like Jaxon Smith-Njigba.  I don't care if CJ Stroud or Will Levis or Anthony Richardson pan out big for their NFL teams, they will not do so here.  Not unless there is a whole new regime in place picking them.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Going Commando said:

I'm posting this now because I don't want to be talked or tricked into accepting this team's decision to draft Anthony Richardson in the first round over the next four months:

We are ****ing insane if we let Ron waste a first round pick (or god help us, more than that) on a QB in a lame duck situation.

We are insane to think the that the tenth QB might be the charm with him.  We are insane to run it back another year with Scott Turner here, I'm praying to God we at least get a little glimmer of clarity and fire that ****ing moron after next week, but I don't have a lot of hope for that.  Regardless, we would be insane to give him another QB to ruin.

And we are insane if we pick a project QB for a lame duck staff over stocking the cupboard for the next regime with a universally translatable stud like Jaxon Smith-Njigba.  I don't care if CJ Stroud or Will Levis or Anthony Richardson pan out big for their NFL teams, they will not do so here.  Not unless there is a whole new regime in place picking them.

Yeah but who is going to stop Rivera? Snyder isn't going to tell him who to draft or not if he knows he's not going to be the owner anymore. This is really a piss poor situation for next year in which Rivera is certain to try and do everything to keep his job and it will most certainly hamper the furture regime. 

I said it weeks ago but it bears repeating I think, Rivera gae Turner an extension. Their time here is tied together. They will both be fired on the same day by the same person imo. 

I think the most likely scenario is that Ron gives it everything he's got but with Sam Howell. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Yeah but who is going to stop Rivera? Snyder isn't going to tell him who to draft or not if he knows he's not going to be the owner anymore. This is really a piss poor situation for next year in which Rivera is certain to try and do everything to keep his job and it will most certainly hamper the furture regime. 

I said it weeks ago but it bears repeating I think, Rivera gae Turner an extension. Their time here is tied together. They will both be fired on the same day by the same person imo. 

I think the most likely scenario is that Ron gives it everything he's got but with Sam Howell. 

New ownership will be in place by draft time so they could potentially stop Rivera from taking a project QB. I don’t think the Turner extension stops him from being fired. He conceivably has 2 years left on his deal at $1M/yr. Not expensive to fire hin