Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

11 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Certainly draft BPA but most teams draft boards will be tiered. If a certain tier happens to have players that also fill a need as well then they will be Weighted towards those players. 

Agree, but that has been covered in these discussions.

This team I believe has been the worst in the NFL for the last 20 plus years as to having first team All Pro players.   Coincidence?

This is the team that drafted Carlos Rogers because we needed a corner.  Let Dallas take Demarcus Ware because heck we already have Andre Carter and Philip Daniels.

As Cerrato said recently they didn't take Jamaal Charles because heck they had Clinton Portis and Zorn needed another Wr. 

I like Jamin Davis more than most.  But they seemed determined to take a LB and IMO there were better players available at their spot like Darrisaw.

Why take a Qb when we have Haskins?

Probably the ultimate example is Shanny taking Kirk in the 4th after taking RG3, he explained Kirk was too high on the board in the 4th to ignore.  Some thought it was dumb at the time, looks brilliant in retrospect.

On and on and on. 

I'd like that cycle to stop.    It's not a binary argument where its one extreme versus another.  It's not strict BPA -- per your point you weight other variables.  But the mindset of taking the best players is a good mindset to have. 

As Logan Paulsen likes to say even if you are focused on needs -- needs can change in a hurry -- injuries, guys leave, etc. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

32 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

St. Juste now lives in the "when healthy" classification. Beyond Fuller, there is a reason why it's labeled as on of the weakest position groups here. 

I’m in the camp that thinks our corners generally suck. I want 2 in this draft.

• Like 1

Forbes at #16 would remind me very much of Jamin Davis at #19. I really liked Davis. I was cool drafting him in the late 1st if we traded back. Or coming up in R2 to get him. I was shocked we took him at #19,

I have liked Forbes throughout the process. But I always envisioned him as an option at #47. So yes, I will talk myself into liking him after the draft, because I like him now. But I would much rather trade down and grab him later. Or just pass on him for an OT. I just hope it is not Forbes at #16 tonight or I will be pretty pretty disappointed and not enjoy sleeping on that pick. 

• Like 2

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Forbes at #16 would remind me very much of Jamin Davis at #19. I really liked Davis. I was cool drafting him in the late 1st if we traded back. Or coming up in R2 to get him. I was shocked we took him at #19,

I have liked Forbes throughout the process. But I always envisioned him as an option at #47. So yes, I will talk myself into liking him after the draft, because I like him now. But I would much rather trade down and grab him later. Or just pass on him for an OT. I just hope it is not Forbes at #16 tonight or I will be pretty pretty disappointed and not enjoy sleeping on that pick. 

From memory Davis had one year of production and was definitely more of a raw prospect.

Forbes may be like a stick man but he’s got 3 years of numbers I believe.

• Thumb up 1

My first reaction if we took Forbes over Skoronski or Wright would be blind rage.

I would probably talk myself into it, like so:

If this team evaluates Skoronski as an above average guard, with no chance at RT or LT, and is turned off by Wright on character/maturity questions they may not like them despite the tape.

If they genuinely evaluate Forbes as a ball hawk corner, the next Asante Samuel or DHall, and a guy that will score on defense and set up the offense with field position with his vision after interceptions for big returns (Ed Reed) why wouldn’t you take that at 16?

But it would be a big risk.

• Like 1

Just because I found it interesting, take a look at the size difference between Forbes and Witherspoon. Forbes is slender, but look at his huge wingspan, arm length, height, etc.

I’m surprised there hasn’t been more made about Witherspoon’s small frame and size. He plays like a freaking animal and I love it but at that size I would be worried more about him than Forbes. I like them both, just interesting.IMG_9546.thumb.jpeg.5e08bd2f2bbbf72f6bac04e74b8a6a30.jpeg

IMG_9543.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rex Tomb said:

Terms? 

Lamar Jackson signed a 5 year, $260,000,000 contract with the Baltimore Ravens, including $185,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $52,000,000. In 2023, Jackson will earn a base salary of $32,416,000, while carrying a cap hit of $32,416,000.

According to Spotrac

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

FYI Baltimore just re-signed Lamar

They always wanted him. They just didn't want to give him a fully G deal.

Wonder how this effects the Ravens draft. Do you get him a weapon to justify the deal, or is he "appeased" and you can look in other directions.