Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Commanders Sam Howell QB North Carolina

PCS

45 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Kirk Cousins was not a fifth round pick like this guy, but he was a 4th rounder and believe me when i tell you all Kirk Cousins is way better than this bum.

Kirk is way better. Taking lots and lots of money and not living up to it. He is a better salesman than Dan.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Kirk Cousins was not a fifth round pick like this guy, but he was a 4th rounder and believe me when i tell you all Kirk Cousins is way better than this bum.

Dude we have had like 7 QBs since Kirk let it go lol 

• Haha 9

5 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Sam Howell can grill a steak by waiting for coals to get hot first and then applying the steak to a hot grill. Kirk Cousins can’t do that.

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

• Haha 14

1 hour ago, Alexa said:

I love this pick. He is going to push Wentz. 

I'm not so sure about that. Every indication is that Wentz does not take well to competition.

Personally I'm fine with "Red shirting" Howell for the year so he can learn the most possible before possibly needing to start in 2023. Throwing rookie QBs to the wolves just seems like a bad idea to me. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I'm not so sure about that. Every indication is that Wentz does not take well to competition.

Personally I'm fine with "Red shirting" Howell for the year so he can learn the most possible before possibly needing to start in 2023. Throwing rookie QBs to the wolves just seems like a bad idea to me. 

I agree, but Wentz is not who he says he is if this pick causes him to stress out.  Wentz should only be concerning himself with being as good Wentz can be, and the rest will take care of itself.  Coach has told him he is the #1 guy, so it's up to him to respond accordingly.    

I also agree that starting Rookie QB's on Day #1 seems like a high risk gamble.  Per capita very few are ever ready for that responsibility, and there doesn't ever seem to be a clear cut reason why they are when others are not.  The stars have to align in every way and it's a crap shoot.       

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Alexa said:

They also picked up a monster QB as a free agent named Cole Kelly. Never heard of the guy... 

DAAAAMN now DAT boy is THIK jeez giving me flashbacks to that giant NY Giant gif worthy QB..  I am glad we are bringing in Cole. A 20 year old caught for DWI shouldn't be a career ender. I have a little theory, most 20 year old boys are pretty ****ing immature. It doesn't get much better anytime soon. Heck look at Ed "get off the stage" Marinaro. He'll help spice up camp if nothing else.

Edited by RandyHolt

Love the pick, definitely don’t have to rush him in the starting line up anytime soon (hopefully not before 2024-2025) and if we don’t see him on the field except for Pre-Season games that imho would be a win win for us as fans, would mean Wentz is the QB we thought he could be when dealt for and it allows Howell the time to sit and watch/learn… for those old enough to remember (like me) we once had a guy on our roster who went on to have a really fine career (not with us though) who sat for many years as the 3 string undressed QB… (Trent Green) so sitting and learning isn’t a bad thing… sad thing is not many QB’s get the luxury being they were drafted and paid so high/much 

4 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

4426875.png

The guy does look like a bit ugly.

Maybe we have a chance at a SB after all...

Ahhhhh! I’m trying to post a picture of the Aliens/crazy hair guy meme and it’s not working! That’s what the above picture reminds me of. 

Edited by Anselmheifer

12 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Ahhhhh! I’m trying to post a picture of the Aliens/crazy hair guy meme and it’s not working! That’s what the above picture reminds me of. 

Area 51 Aliens GIF by Sky HISTORY UK

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Has everyone accepted our new overlord?

I’m gonna g to try and preach patience with Wentz but as soon as he throws a left handed pick I will immediately crumble and call for Howell.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I’m gonna g to try and preach patience with Wentz but as soon as he throws a left handed pick I will immediately crumble and call for Howell.

Howling for Howell?

I'm telling you, should have been the Redwolves.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Has everyone accepted our new overlord?

The Kurt Warner breakdown above is pretty solid. He sees a lot of things that I see (duh…he’s a HOF). A little bouncy with his feet, but a live arm and processes well. 

I’ve always felt that saying “he’s just a RPO guy” was just lazy and not based on facts.

I’ve watched every game he’s ever played. His deep ball is special. The touch and accuracy are just silly good.

Whether people like him or not (or Wentz) the attempt by our FO to solidify the QB position is exciting. Those upgrades alone make it impossible for me to give the off-season anything less than a B grade.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, xxprodigyxx said:

are we thinking of the thread names right now?

I like to get ahead of the competition. I didn't have a catchy name for when I wanted Kyle Allen to start last season, but I won't be caught flatfooted again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1