Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome To The Washington Commanders Jahan Dotson WR Penn State

PCS

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

That was one of his weaknesses going into the draft

And is often a weakness of young WRs. With the exception of some of the most talented large powerful corners who may stop him forever, I expect Jahan to follow the same trajectory of other smallish recievers that eventually succeed. 

Jahan reminds me so much of Marvin Harrison, his economy of movement is phenomenal. 

Edited by XxSpearheadxX
Not talk good maybe
  • Thumb up 1

57 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Yeah I remember there being reports out of camp that our coaches felt Dotson was already the best WR on this team. That's just crazy considering how good McLaurin already is and Samuel when healthy is no slouch either.

Man I'm getting excited about what our offense can accomplish when Wentz doesn't go into full brain meltdown mode.

• Like 6

Dotson has better hands than Terry, but nowhere near Terry's strength.  Teams are going to press Dotson with strong and super aggressive corners and be able to limit him.  Terry can bully his way through coverage like that and isn't as easy to neutralize.  Terry is our best all around receiver and the biggest threat to a D.  But I do think Samuel is our most unique weapon and he'll probably end up being our biggest workhorse playmaker of the trio because he's going to get the most mismatches from playing in the middle of the field and the backfield.  But I don't think he'll dictate safety coverage role like Terry will.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Dotson has better hands than Terry, but nowhere near Terry's strength.  Teams are going to press Dotson with strong and super aggressive corners and be able to limit him.  Terry can bully his way through coverage like that and isn't as easy to neutralize.  Terry is our best all around receiver and the biggest threat to a D.  But I do think Samuel is our most unique weapon and he'll probably end up being our biggest workhorse playmaker of the trio because he's going to get the most mismatches from playing in the middle of the field and the backfield.  But I don't think he'll dictate safety coverage role like Terry will.

Yeah, Cooley (in his film breakdown) said Dotson struggled against Press.

6 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Not all directed at you, hyped about the prospects for the offense and on train the offense is going to be the real deal. Convinced it will be dynamic and explosive, we’ll see how efficiently Wentz will be in getting Washington there. 

Great perspective, Terry’s functional football strength seems to be elite from my eye, but this can easily be overlooked by the masses. I like idea of Terry being a 70-80 catch guy with a YPC around 15-17. Cooley has a take that Mcclaurin doesn’t take the top off, I disagree, he’s been misused as a high volume WR to start his career. He strikes me as a tremendous glider and someone who should have many more big plays on his resume, not a guy averaging 12 to 13 yards per catch. If my theory on him is right, this is the season for it to happen with Wentz and talent around him. 

Curtis Samuel is the 10 yard or so per catch guy with many of his catches being an extension of the modern day run game. Envision him being around 150 touches for the season (milk his prime and time when healthy). 

I don’t do much studying of guys outside of watching Washington games, so need a bit more time with Jahon to get a feel. He seems to have elite body control that our other WRs don’t have when the balls in the air. 

Edited by wit33
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Going Commando said:

from what i've seen so far, terry is still the best route runner and most explosive in and out of breaks. dotson has better pure hands and more shifty, but terry is still clutch. honestly i don't care nor would i mind if both of them were offensive captains next year.

If anybody gets a chance to rewatch The Players Club (NBC Sports Washington), Jahan had a great session with London and Santana.

He said Jags D started with cover2 then went to man coverage but they didn't have an answer with either.  Guys were running open in both.

He watches a lot of film at home with his roommate, a teammate from Penn State.  Says he spends a lot of off time relaxing and imaging routes, game plans.  Doesn't really go out, plays a lot of video games.

He loves Popeyes chicken, big on family, in 2018 Penn State had #1 recruited Justin Shorter committed there and he really wanted to compete with the #1 guy which is why he went there.

He says everyone is hyping him up but me really didn't do anything close to what he feels he's capable of.

• Like 1