Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mickey Mouse vs Pudding Fingers Ron: Desantis’s War on Disney! Should Disney leave?

88Comrade2000

22 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

Could you elaborate on that 1st point? How is flying across country to a lesser park a smart play for people that live a lot closer to Disney World? 

And I don’t think setting up shop in another location is as easy as some make it out to be. Central Florida is the perfect location. PR is an isolated island. Wouldn’t hurricanes be a much bigger factor? 

50 minutes ago, tshile said:

Well, I’ve never been to California but the people I know that have been to both said the fact that it’s centralized makes it significantly easier to do anything/everything 

🤷‍♂️ 

🤷‍♂️ 

47 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

they will never do this part of it tho. They’ll still donate to the same party and people that called them pedophiles. They don’t want to have this fight they just want it to go away 

I know, I couldn't stop myself from including that bit, CAUSE I REALLY WANT THEM TO, but I know it won't happen.  You don't just want the politicians you agree with to owe you.  You especially want the ones that don't agree with  you to owe you one.  

That said, someone who isn't Disney should point out that DeSantis and the rest continue to take money from an organization they believe are evil pedos or whatever, and demand that they all return the donations.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz

I'll also note that I keep seeing the YouTube guy in the OP pop up and I'm always amazed that he has such a huge following just because he has pretty mediocre liberal takes but delivers them in full redneck regalia.  He's 80% hat and 20% cattle, is what im saying.  

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Bang said:

Isn't there plenty of time built in before anything takes effect to quietly walk it back before taxpayers have to foot this bill?
This is a political stunt. 

Yeah, the video points out that the legislature made it not take effect till after the next election. So that when the damage hits, they'll all have been re-elected. 

I also wouldn't be surprised if a lot of legislator's motive for voting for it, is the assumption that hey, they'll just quietly cripple the bill, after Disney pays them some protection money. 

• Like 1

Move to Virginia Disney!  Give Disney Snyder's subsidies!

On the Disneyland vs Disney World, I think it's a bit of comparing apples and oranges.  With small kids, I actually much prefer Disneyland cause it's much more compact and both parks are right across each other.  And it still features a healthy roster of rides, so it's actually a really pleasant experience, especially on non-peak days.  Weather also tends to be much more predictable in CA vs FL.

Also, I like the new genie+ and individual lightning lane.  When going with small kids, it makes it much easier to plan your day and makes hitting the popular rides much easier and reliable, which is a big plus if you are visiting from out of state.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

Does someone other than people with small kids go to Disneyland/world?

Wife surprised me with knowing a friend that worked there, and I had a manager who decided not to have kids that goes every once in a while with her husband (World, not Land).

Having said that, I wouldn't go back unless I was taking my kids, and frankly it would be a "to say we did it" type thing, because it's not all that and a bag of potatoes chips. Kings Dominion in middle of nowhere Virginia is better, had more fun there, imgaine Universal Studios is more fun as well.

Edited by Renegade7

9 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I don't trust any grown up that goes to Disney properties without kids. WTF is wrong with you?

My sister usually goes weekly. She has the annual pass.  Epcott has the various festivals, with plenty of food.   Seems a little boring to go all the time. Some people like it. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I don't trust any grown up that goes to Disney properties without kids. WTF is wrong with you?

Taking kids would be my nightmare. I don't wanna be babysitting at an amusement park. I wanna see the freaking country bear jamboree in peace dammit. Not have some punk ass kid make me ride the pirates of the Caribbean ride a dozen times in a row. 

As a kid I totally made my dad take me on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride like a dozen times. 🤣

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, tshile said:

Yes.

30 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Personally,  I think this is a horrible take and I really don't have to explain why this 47yo married dude liked Disney Land and California Adventures. 

The world sucks enough as an adult. Let people enjoy being a kid again or whatever fun Disney brings them.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 5
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, tshile said:

64 years old.  Never had kids.  Annual passholder, on and off, for 15-20 years.  

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

And obviously a child molester.  I should become a Republican.  

Edited by Larry
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just writing this thread makes me feel old because I remember being college age in VA thinking "why do people love Disney so much, even kidless adults".  Blink and then 20 years of life later I have done things I never thought possible. 

I did *not* grow up a Disney person.  We visited grandparents in Florida and went to Disneyworld (and Epcot and MGM) every year. 

I moved to Southern California and we were fortunate enough to afford passes to Six Flags, Disney, and Universal Studios in one year or another.  Ok, to be honest it was Six Flags and Universal for many years and one year Disney. Comparing them all is apples to oranges.  

Just comparing parks... Disney is the king.  Between California Adventure and Disneyland you couldn't do everything you wanted without 2 days.  And even that 2 days was a maybe (and this was before Star Wars land). I am amazed at the scale of Disneyland.  Customer service and quality... Universal and Six Flags cannot touch the Disney experience.  But if you don't want to spend 5x, Universal is similar to Disney in a way... just smaller, with lower quality customer service, and not really the same level of imagination and ingenuity. 

Six flags if you want roller coasters... the season pass is almost so cheap that it is a no brainer to for teenagers even without the family. 

Comparing FL to CA is a bit trickier. Do you want the original (CA) or a little more relaxed, larger spaced out version with more attractions (FL)?  I always thought I would be biased against Disneyland... but it's classic. The history of Disneyland is incredible. Obviously if you just compare real estate and attractions, the Orlando parks do win out.  I would think people would say DisneyWorld is better. Same with Universal Studios... the Studio Tour in CA is great, but Florida has more attractions and rides.  

Either way, as an adult I never knew minimal-coaster theme parks would be so much fun...

• Like 2

Texas judge invites Disney to state after Florida revokes special status

A Texas judge is urging Disney to relocate to the Lone Star State following a heated flap with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and other GOP lawmakers in its home base over the “Don’t Say Gay” law.

DeSantis led a successful push to revoke Disney’s special tax status that effectively allowed the company to self-govern its theme park district within the state. The move, which came after Disney publicly opposed the GOP-backed “Don’t Say Gay” law, has prompted speculation that the Mouse House could leave Florida.

In a letter to Disney CEO Bob Chapek, Fort Bend County Judge K.P. George offered to relocate Walt Disney World Resort to Texas – arguing the move would free the company from what he described as “modern day political extremists.” The county is located southwest of Houston, Texas.

“While you, your company, employees, and diverse fans face authoritarian, anti-business, and culture war attacks from extremists in Florida, we in Fort Bend are more than ready to welcome the Disney family with thousands of good paying jobs and billions of dollars of investments,” George said in the letter.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1