Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

9 hours ago, Hersh said:

This has to rank as one of the all time great collapses in modern history. Dude was on top of the world. Richest man in the world. People loved Tesla (and most still should), people admire SpaceX. 

Now, cause of his fragile ego, he's tanking Tesla, Twitter is about to end up in bankruptcy and most people hate the dude. 

https://www.cnet.com/tech/tesla-buyers-are-bailing-because-of-elon-musk-the-worst-troll/

Some highlights, but read the whole thing. 

Tesla's shares have plummeted more than 33% since the deal was finalized Oct. 27, with Musk reportedly pulling engineers from projects at the carmaker to help keep the lights on at Twitter after he unceremoniously fired half of Twitter's employees a week into his takeover. Big name advertisers, who account for nearly 90% of Twitter's sales, have bailed. Those who've spoken publicly say his corrosive behavior, in addition to poorly planned changes to the site that led to a proliferation of fake accounts, are too much. 

On Monday, Oppenheimer was among the first major analyst firms to issue a downgrade for Tesla's stock, CNBC reported, rating it at "perform" from "outperform" before.

His personal fortune has dropped by about half, to $156 billion, according to Bloomberg's Billionaires Index, which tracks real-time net worth of the world's richest people. 

Obviously he’s still rich AF, but imagine losing $150 billion and imploding your carefully crafted narrative that you are a genius, which a lot of people actually bought, just because one of your trolls ended up forcing you to buy a company that you have no business owning and you can’t stop whoring for attention. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Are people really taking this seriously?  An online poll posted by literally the world’s biggest internet troll. Really?

I mostly am, because I don't think he actually wants to run the company anymore. I think this is just a cover so he can leave that ****show and let someone else try to clean up his mess. Tell me this doesn't sound like a guy who ****ed up big time and is now miserable and regretting it (though the misery is pretty much all of his own making).

• Haha 1

which one of you rascals forced the unimaginably rich and powerful guy to give up his 44 billion dollar toy?  Shame on you.

I’ll enjoy this panic for a bit.  The fun vanish the moment he announces whatever ghoul he’s found to take up the mantle, but we can deal with that later.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tshile said:

If he steps down does that mean the authenticate all humans initiative is dead?!?

He already killed that when he launched twitter blue without any real authentication.  It was just a cash grab and the trolls took full advantage.  It’s a shame because actually verifying that people were who they said they are, and even allowing multiple accounts (within reason) would have been good.  Bot farms are active on Twitter and the press is so heavily present on the platform that they get swept up in trends and start believing that they’re representative of real life

@The Evil Genius I'm a contracting officer for the Fed. I've been wondering if he is going to put the SpaceX awards into a precarious position. SpaceX has DOD and NASA contracts worth over 5 billion dollars obligated since fiscal year 21. I'm not sure how you handle a company owner tweeting out conspiracy theories and liking deep state ideas. 

I would guess that is unchartered waters, and for the sake of the companies I hope they have enough insulation from him that it really doesn't matter. But who knows at this point.

image.thumb.png.676c8203a05a80be7cc432cc5befdaaa.png

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1