Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

1 hour ago, EmirOfShmo said:

How low will it go?

image.png.24623372620885de70933333182b4ae3.png

It’s still got a market cap of more than double Toyota and ten times Ford. And in the last few months, probably more than half of  the market of relatively affluent buyers who might want a Tesla are no longer interested. And the MAGAs think electric is evil.

If Musk continues his shenanigans much longer it could put Tesla out of business. 

I suspect Tesla was always going to have a short term life as it's a luxury electric car outside of most people's price range. I don't ever see them producing a sub 25k model and they'll never reach Mercedes level of (perceived) class imo. 

**** Elmo though. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thumb up 1

Yup I honestly didn't see a full heel turn by musk earlier in the year. Like sure I've always thought he was an asshole but now most people do too. Didn't see that happening so quickly. 🤷‍♂️

Also Phish n Tool are two of my favorites. I'm making a list of all you jokers but I aint checking it twice.

john-cena-im-watching-you.gif

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Twitter CEO Elon Musk tweeted last week that a “crazy stalker” followed a car carrying one of his children in Los Angeles last Tuesday night, “thinking it was me,” and that the stalker blocked the car from moving and climbed onto its hood. 

A new statement from local police provides the first official account of what happened during the incident. The South Pasadena police department has confirmed that an incident involving two vehicles was reported to the police on Tuesday night, but said that a member of Elon Musk’s security team is currently a suspect in the investigation, not a victim. 

A 29-year-old man from Connecticut told the South Pasadena police Tuesday that a driver in another vehicle had confronted him in a parking lot, accused him of following him on the 110 freeway, and then struck the man with his vehicle as he was leaving the parking lot.

I'm not sure he understands that he can't own the company, step down as CEO, and jus stay in charge of the servers and software (where he's causing a lot of the chaos anyway):

BBC News - Elon Musk to quit as Twitter CEO when replacement found
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64037261

"Local resturant owner steps down as Chef in order to focus efforts on running the kitchen and floor area"...🧐

• Haha 3

The software and server teams (lol at phrasing) need people that don’t want to work there because you destroyed the reputation of working there. 

honestly if you were gonna pick a move like that it should have been in the other direction. 

5 minutes ago, Hersh said:

It wouldn't be good to see Tesla fail unless you are pro-oil/power companies and Koch brothers and anti-environment. 

Why when nearly every American automaker has made a commitment to eventually going as electric as they can?

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/feu/en/news/2022/05/17/ford-joins-appeal-to-the-eu-for-100--all-electric-vehicle-sales-.html

Companies like Ford and GM are targeting 2035 as their own personal end for making vehicles that use gasoline or oil, that's regardless of what Tesla does.

If someone had said "were screwed if something happens to Tesla 'x' number years ago", I might have believed it.  Now, they got what they wanted in pushing the industry to keep up with them and are about to find out the hard way that once being electric is no longer special or different, that they need to make better cars to compete.

Tesla could end up like Sears, damn good idea at the time until everyone caught up and moved past them.

22 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Why when nearly every American automaker has made a commitment to eventually going as electric as they can?

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/feu/en/news/2022/05/17/ford-joins-appeal-to-the-eu-for-100--all-electric-vehicle-sales-.html

Companies like Ford and GM are targeting 2035 as their own personal end for making vehicles that use gasoline or oil, that's regardless of what Tesla does.

If someone had said "were screwed if something happens to Tesla 'x' number years ago", I might have believed it.  Now, they got what they wanted in pushing the industry to keep up with them and are about to find out the hard way that once being electric is no longer special or different, that they need to make better cars to compete.

Tesla could end up like Sears, damn good idea at the time until everyone caught up and moved past them.

First, Tesla isn't just a car company.

Second, energy, battery tech development are great things. 

Third, no guarantee those other companies continue to the EV path long term. In the meantime, Tesla isn't gonna start making gas using vehicles. 

Fourth, their work on replacing Semis is great. 

Fifth, wtf do people want to kill an American company that is helping revolutionize the auto industry for the better of the planet?

Sixth, I'm sick of people doing this cause of Musk but have never had zero issues buying **** produced in sweat shops or that support people far worse than Elon ****ing Musk. It's one of the all time dumb things from people on the left. 

BTW, Ford and GM will not stop making gas guzzlers as long as they are making money off it. 

Edited by Hersh

12 minutes ago, Hersh said:

First, Tesla isn't just a car company.

Second, energy, battery tech development are great things. 

They aren't the only ones doing this and disagree momentum will collapse without Tesla.

Third, no guarantee those other companies continue to the EV path long term. In the meantime, Tesla isn't gonna start making gas using vehicles. 

Nah, man, some companies have figured it out, especially in regards to what Americans want to drive in context of gas prices (preference for larger vehicles likes trucks and SUVs get ridiculous when gas starts selling over a certain # in CONTUS). American car companies learned their lesson the hard way.

Fourth, their work on replacing Semis is great. 

Maybe I'm biased with my sister having driven Semis for years, no, I'm not comfortable with giant self-driving tractor trailers everywhere.  It's not neccesary and rather a human at the helm somewhere just in case.

Fifth, wtf do people want to kill an American company that is helping revolutionize the auto industry for the better of the planet?

Killing isn't the word for it.  Taking my business elsewhere is Freedom of Speech and Capitalism rolled into one big Eagle screeching American pie.

Sixth, I'm sick of people doing this cause of Musk but have never had zero issues buying **** produced in sweat shops or that support people far worse than Elon ****ing Musk. It's one of the all time dumb things from people on the left. 

Trying to buy only American is actually hard as hell, even ive tried and failed. 

Every tried to feed a family without products someway involved with Monsato or Nestle?  Good luck.

An overall demand for that would be nice, but companies realizing it may be more cost-effective to move back to the states and being incentized to do so would be better strategy from our countries standpoint (chips bill was a great idea).

Corporate America needs wholescale accountability, but a wholescale boycott wouldn't work, that's not the way, imo.

Edited by Renegade7