Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dwayne haskins killed by vehicle

turtle

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

This story gets weirder by the minute...

They still haven't confirmed who the drunk chick was in Haskins' car.

They keep repeating what Haskins said ("I'm outta gas") because that's what he told his wife on the phone. Has a gas can been found?

For that matter, where is his car that supposedly ran out of gas?

Has anyone investigated whether there was even a gas station in the direction he was walking towards?

I'm starting to think he was up to hanky-panky with the passed-out chick and possibly ran out of gas...was probably inebriated, and panicked and decided to flee on foot before he got arrested for DWI and his wife found out about the other woman. That would explain his misjudgement of the speed of the traffic.

Still...bizarre that his parents never met her.

(Just realized I'm showing my age...I used the phrase 'hanky-panky.' ) 😝

It will all come out whether it matters or anyone wants it to or not.  The closest strip club closes at 6am.

• Like 1

The nitpicking in this thread keeps getting weirder. Yeah, the story about the woman in his car is odd. But....

2 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

They keep repeating what Haskins said ("I'm outta gas") because that's what he told his wife on the phone. Has a gas can been found?

I drive to and from work 5 days a week in my own car. I don't have a gas can in my car. When I carry items to customers' cars, I never once seen a gas can lying around in the back. I have never rented a car to drive in another state like Haskins likely did, but I doubt the rental companies keep gas cans in their cars.

Nonetheless, if it's 6 AM, the car is out of gas, and I might very well be hitchhiking to the closest place to get gas and hopefully a can to carry it.

2 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Has anyone investigated whether there was even a gas station in the direction he was walking towards?

I am sure that in Fort Lauderdale they are economically developed enough to have gas stations in both directions of the road.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Umm….what? How are you going to be married and not have introduced your parents to her?? 

at the same time though……so what if they haven’t met her? He’s their son……not going to the funeral is silly. 

just my opinion. 

I’m guessing they didn’t approve of him marrying her and that’s why they never met. I’m sure everyone close to Haskins is experiencing heavy emotions right now that are made worse if there were already existing heavy emotions and breaks in relationships that hadn’t healed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

The nitpicking in this thread keeps getting weirder. Yeah, the story about the woman in his car is odd. But....

I drive to and from work 5 days a week in my own car. I don't have a gas can in my car. When I carry items to customers' cars, I never once seen a gas can lying around in the back. I have never rented a car to drive in another state like Haskins likely did, but I doubt the rental companies keep gas cans in their cars.

Nonetheless, if it's 6 AM, the car is out of gas, and I might very well be hitchhiking to the closest place to get gas and hopefully a can to carry it.

I am sure that in Fort Lauderdale they are economically developed enough to have gas stations in both directions of the road.

He had a cell; he could’ve called for help.

If he was inebriated; that will come out. If there was really a woman in the car; that will come out. 

Still don’t know where his car was, in relation to where the accident happened. How far was the car?

Edited by 88Comrade2000

3 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Still don’t know where his car was, in relation to where the accident happened. How far was the car?

This is a strange omission to the details released thus far. It would be fairly trivial to spot a broken down car not far from where Haskins was struck. There's really been no mention of his vehicle in any of the information released; only snippets from the 9/11 call where it's implied by his wife that he ran out of gas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/22/2022 at 11:07 AM, Koolblue13 said:

with a passed out drunk woman in your

I've only heard this reported from one random guy on twitter. Was this actually verified, or just internet gossip?

not talking to your wife

There's literally a 911 call where Haskins' wife tells the dispatcher he was out looking for gas. Obviously Haskins and his wife were in communication with each other.

They do a tox screen on Dwayne yet?

I'm sure this will be done. Probably will take a little bit before any toxicology results are released.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 4/22/2022 at 9:39 AM, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I'm starting to think he was up to hanky-panky with the passed-out chick and possibly ran out of gas...was probably inebriated, and panicked and decided to flee on foot before he got arrested for DWI and his wife found out about the other woman. That would explain his misjudgement of the speed of the 

Yeah I laid a lot of this out earlier. 

Even without a woman in car, no sober, sane person who used a cell to call their wife would run across traffic on a FL highway (notorious) to get gas.

Was just in a similar situation with a bad tire but too far to drive slow on a donut and a timetable to meet. What I did not and would not do is go across traffic when I had a phone. 

Edited by Ghost of
  • Like 1

Wanting to know what happened is completely normal.  This was a very odd and tragic event that occurred and it is natural to be curious.

I agree with Exodus, the lack of information on the purported broken down vehicle is very odd.  In this age of journalism and reporting, you think someone would have found the car.  There is literally zero mention of that in any of the news stories I have read.  It is a simple and crucial fact to the story.  

To use a former posters vocab, I wouldn't be surprised if there was indeed some hanky panky going on.  That "drunk chick in the car" has not been verified as far as I know.

Usually when details are this scarce, either drugs/alcohol or suicide are in play. Doesn’t sound like suicide, so I’m guessing the former. Sorry in advance to those who seem to have a big problem with people being curious about this. The guy had a history of poor decision making, so all of the speculation is appropriate IMO. We may learn the full truth at some point, but there are no charges filed so I doubt it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, woodpecker said:

The guy had a history of poor decision making, so all of the speculation is appropriate IMO.

I don't know about all that - seems kind of a stretch to me to justify speculation because he was immature.  The speculation is simply going to exist out of the fact that he's a high profile person and this is what the public does when a high profile person dies in a peculiar way.

2 hours ago, woodpecker said:

Usually when details are this scarce, either drugs/alcohol or suicide are in play. Doesn’t sound like suicide, so I’m guessing the former. Sorry in advance to those who seem to have a big problem with people being curious about this. The guy had a history of poor decision making, so all of the speculation is appropriate IMO. We may learn the full truth at some point, but there are no charges filed so I doubt it.

Echoes of Michael Wilbon and others after Sean Taylor's murder right there

That's a bad thing.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Xameil said:

So...from reading this thread the concept of Rest In Peace means nothing to many of you.

"Rest in peace" has nothing to do with the living but is a benediction issued with the hope that the departed's soul finds eternal peace in the embrace of God Almighty in Heaven. 

We could carry your view to its extreme and not try to figure out homicides (which often have salacious and unfortunate aspects to them), nor would we comment on or write the histories (including the untimely end) of notable personages. Nor would we find our souls stirred when we read about a poor boy who dies on a battlefield far from home in yet another of man's pointless killings and gain any insight into the cost of war. 

If someone used particular language that you take issue with, that's fine. But the concept of being curious about a person's end and circumstances that don't make sense---or that you don't understand that, deep down, people investigate these matters to make sense of, or grapple with, or prevent their own mortality is strange to me. Couldn't be me.

• Like 3

On 4/28/2022 at 4:20 PM, Ghost of said:

If someone used particular language that you take issue with, that's fine. But the concept of being curious about a person's end and circumstances that don't make sense---or that you don't understand that, deep down, people investigate these matters to make sense of, or grapple with, or prevent their own mortality is strange to me. Couldn't be me.

Yeah, people wonder why true crime shows/podcasts are so popular, especially with women. You hit the nail on the head with the reason why, people are grappling with their own mortality (and wondering if they can do something to prevent it). Usually true crime podcasts are about murderers and serial killers, and women feel much more vulnerable to that kind of crime than men do, so 75% of the audience are women. People are curious about another’s death because deep down their brain is trying to get information to prevent their own death, and there’s some kind of dopamine mechanism that rewards us for figuring it out. It’s how our species figured out how to not get eaten by saber toothed tigers back in the prehistoric times. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Probably because your post was as stupid as missing your flight to see your wife, because you ran out of gas with a drunk hooker at 6am on the highway.

Ouch...

That's as bad as thinking a wrap is a sandwich.

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 4/30/2022 at 10:31 AM, RansomthePasserby said:

Yeah, people wonder why true crime shows/podcasts are so popular, especially with women. You hit the nail on the head with the reason why, people are grappling with their own mortality (and wondering if they can do something to prevent it). Usually true crime podcasts are about murderers and serial killers, and women feel much more vulnerable to that kind of crime than men do, so 75% of the audience are women. People are curious about another’s death because deep down their brain is trying to get information to prevent their own death, and there’s some kind of dopamine mechanism that rewards us for figuring it out. It’s how our species figured out how to not get eaten by saber toothed tigers back in the prehistoric times. 

It has nothing to do with grappling with my own mortality. 

Crime shows are just about that. Crime. Not debating about nit picking things that may or may not make the deceased look bad.

This has to do with respect for the dead. Nothing more, nothing less....

Sometimes we don't need to know everything to do with a situation. He died...nothing more needs to be known in this situation.

• Thanks 1