Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Baltimore Orioles: New Owner, New Hope

DCSaints_fan

10 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Seems like Rutschman is heating up a bit. Just hit a HR against the Mariners. 4-0 O's.

He's had good at bats from the jump and was hitting into some bad luck in the first 10 games or so. 

I've been even more impressed with his defense. Granted - we have not exactly been treated with good defense at the backstop in recent history anyway! 

I have to give a mea culpa, these boys are better than I thought they'd be. To be even sniffing .500 in July is something.  And they have to actually show the O's in the wild card standings. lol 

Now, they've had July/Aug swoons where the wheels come completely off, but I dont think that's gonna happen this time.  I forget what number I wanted them to show, I think it was 65 wins to show some forward momentum in the W column.  I think they're gonna be good on that.

1 hour ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Woke up the the box score this am. Bats were afraid. oof. 

West coast day game = happy hour baseball today! 

Robbie Ray was dealing last night.  Running into a hot pitcher is hard.

27 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I have to give a mea culpa, these boys are better than I thought they'd be. To be even sniffing .500 in July is something.  And they have to actually show the O's in the wild card standings. lol 

Now, they've had July/Aug swoons where the wheels come completely off, but I dont think that's gonna happen this time.  I forget what number I wanted them to show, I think it was 65 wins to show some forward momentum in the W column.  I think they're gonna be good on that.

They've been a lot better than I've thought, too.  I'd have been thrilled at 70+ wins this year (really, just wanted to avoid 100 losses and being a laughingstock) because that would have meant that some of the younger guys would have stepped up and done really well.  I think they can get there.

I must admit the past couple of years I really haven't paid too much attention to the Orioles (we know why), but I must say even with their losing record I am thrilled to see where they are.  I'm sorry that If this has already been said in earlier post, (too much to read).  I think next year if we can pickup a bona fide ace in the rotation, and have a player that can mentor (especially when Grayson Rodriguez is in the rotation), and pick up ss, and 2b we will be have a good team.

So draft is coming up this month, who do you think or want the O's to draft? Druw Jones or the other Green, or Holliday? I'm praying that Elias doesn't go into saving money mode like the previous draft.