Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Baltimore Orioles: New Owner, New Hope

DCSaints_fan

On 6/10/2022 at 11:02 AM, ixcuincle said:

Sounds like Lou wanted a sale and the 700+ million dollars that would have come his way. The rest of that suit sounds like crybaby high school bull**** -  "He was mean to Brady Anderson." Uh...ok. 

40 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Sounds like Lou wanted a sale and the 700+ million dollars that would have come his way. The rest of that suit sounds like crybaby high school bull**** -  "He was mean to Brady Anderson." Uh...ok. 

Did John Angelos want to move ST to Arizona instead of Sarasota?

On 6/11/2022 at 12:57 PM, Ball Security said:

Did John Angelos want to move ST to Arizona instead of Sarasota?

I remember there was talk of AZ when the Orioles switched from Lauderdale (literally the worst facility in MLB). They didn't have a weight room but set up tents in the parking lot! Sarasota is so much nicer, but many teams have considered AZ (and maybe they have recently? I can't remember) because there are less interruptions from weather, many players train there in the offseason, and the facilities are within a few miles compared to some of the Florida camps. 

The corner is slowly being turned. I think last night's win was a big one.
Jim Palmer, who I am documented as not liking his broadcasting and am also documented being yelled at by everybody in this thread for it.. (I stand on it!) did his level best to curse it by spending 2/3rds of the 9th inning talking about nothing BUT how we've lost to the Rays this way and that way, to hits and home runs by this guy and that guy..  just kept going down memory lane of how we've choked against the Rays.
Glad Lopez doesn't believe in curses.

~Bang

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bang said:

Jim Palmer, who I am documented as not liking his broadcasting and am also documented being yelled at by everybody in this thread for it.. 

I think his work with Thorne was a lot better and the somewhat amateurish others these days aren’t helping balance his crankiness. 

But if Adam Jones wanted to come back to Baltimore to be a broadcaster, I bet he would be a natural. 

• Like 1

I do give him more of a pass as he is getting up there in years and frankly, all the botox has to make it harder to talk. He mumbles more now. He will give us quality analysis of certain things but tends to get in the weeds trying to cram seriously high level technical nuance about pitch strategy into 30 or 40 seconds. You KNOW the knowledge is there,, but sometimes he has a hard time delivering it to a TV audience.

Lets get another one today!

~Bang

Edited by Bang

They're within the realm of a wildcard spot. No way I think they get it, but not being completely out if the picture this late in the season feels nice. Getting the respect from basically all other AL East fans feel weird and nice too haha. But I'll take it. We are chaos. 

• Like 1

This team is on the upswing, IMO.  Certainly there's a long way to go in the season and anything can happen.  I am worried that the starters aren't giving us enough innings and the bullpen (which has been a strength for once!) will be taxed by late July/August.  

But that said, it's nice to see a team coming together and winning games this year when they wouldn't have won these games in years prior.  No one in the national media is saying anything nice because they're not paying attention.  It's a cool place to be.

And @Bang, leave Jim Palmer alone!

• Haha 1