Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Baltimore Orioles: New Owner, New Hope

DCSaints_fan

9 hours ago, Ball Security said:

People can draw parallels to Wieters.  But Rutschman looked like Usain Bolt compared to MW on that triple.

Wieters was one of the slowest players in baseball.  But his first hit was also a triple! 

But yea, athletically the two are very different physically. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fullnelson9999 said:

I enjoyed listening to Elias in the booth, he has such an obviously clear vision. It's a shame that some fans think they're more qualified to run the team. 

That's such a BS narrative. There was zero reason to tank this season but Elias chose to do that. Hell, they didn't have to tank last season either cause this year's first round pick isn't gonna be crucial to winning in the near term. Elias is young and doesn't have a care at all in the world about time and when to attempt to win. For that, he can **** all the way off. 

To clarify, it's not a belief of being more qualified, it's rejecting tanking for this many seasons. 

Edited by Hersh

5 hours ago, Hersh said:

That's such a BS narrative. There was zero reason to tank this season but Elias chose to do that. Hell, they didn't have to tank last season either cause this year's first round pick isn't gonna be crucial to winning in the near term. Elias is young and doesn't have a care at all in the world about time and when to attempt to win. For that, he can **** all the way off. 

To clarify, it's not a belief of being more qualified, it's rejecting tanking for this many seasons. 

Hahaha as usual, you're a pretty rude dude.

On 5/2/2022 at 9:27 AM, Hersh said:

At this point in my baseball fandom, I only watch a little of the playoffs and that's it. 

Now that's a BS narrative. Lol.

Edited by fullnelson9999

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

I think the morale is improving. Not there yet, but you can tell they’re definitely building something. 

Absolutely.  This is the best I've felt as an Orioles fan since they started off hot the first 2 months of 2017 (and then the wheels fell off and it became obvious that the window had slammed shut for the Machado/Jones/Davis/Hardy/Tillman/Wieters/Britton/Buck group).  It's gonna be another losing season, but that light at the end of this cold dark tunnel we've been limping down over the past 5 years finally seems a lot closer.

Edited by capcrunch98
  • Like 1

I think the teams under Hyde have always fought, they just weren't really talented enough to make a difference.  Numerous times his teams over the past few years his teams would get thrashed and come back the next day like nothing ever happened.

This year, they've got some more talent and you can start to see things taking shape.  They fight and they're winning some surprising games.  No longer the biggest laughingstock in baseball.  It's good to see.

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

This year, they've got some more talent and you can start to see things taking shape.  They fight and they're winning some surprising games.  No longer the biggest laughingstock in baseball.  It's good to see.

The relief corps of Bautista, Krehbiel, Tate, Lopez, Akin, Perez and Baker have been collectively fantastic.

The pitching staff as a whole (10th in the AL with Means out for most of the season) is a pleasant surprise.

10th in offense isn't horrible. 

I Guess If You Say So GIF