Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Baltimore Orioles: New Owner, New Hope

DCSaints_fan

^ I appreciate seeing enthusiastic fans like Bang.  Always keep the hope.  Despite the unlikelihood of the Orioles winning anything significant this year, every win feels good.  It's the weird thing in sports when sometimes fans want their team to tank to get a better draft pick.  I can totally understand that logic (particularly in the NFL where there is no lottery), but at the end of the day we should always root for our team.

I realize I am not saying anything phenomenal, just a thought.  Out of all my teams (Commanders, Wizards, Orioles, Capitals, Hoyas, Terps), the Orioles winning the World Series in the one championship I yearn to have.  I was born in 1982, way too young to even know what that 1983 championship was about.  Really hoping we see some major growth in 2-3 years.

• Like 1

Baseball is leisure. Even in losing I can keep my blood pressure down, unlike football.

We aren't there, and losing 16 out of 26 so far stinks, but there has been reason o keep watching the game. Rarely are they out of a game like they have been in the past. A run or two here and there, and they'd be talking about our hot start this year.
Bats are starting to heat up.
You get a chain! YOU get a chain!

~Bang

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/11/2022 at 2:38 PM, Hersh said:

100% agree. I hope Mancini is traded to a team that is expected to contend for a few years. I think Rutschman will be up as soon as he's healthy. He will have missed the two weeks needed for the O's to manipulate his service time. (I hate that rule) He was ready last season but the O's do what the O's do. It's a shame they chose not to give these younger players a better roster around them when they do come up this season. 

Well, he’s been healthy for 16 games in 2022 and still not up.  I think they’ve already gamed his service time so the additional days that they keep him down don’t provide any benefit.

1 hour ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Mussina chose the blank cap. He doesn’t deserve to have his number retired by Baltimore. It’s not an odd decision. DD85C17C-C4F9-436D-8038-C74BD9AFF4C8.thumb.jpeg.ddc86d40d64c92908caaebca9c8b3b01.jpeg

They’ve only retired numbers from guys who have won a World Series.  Also, 35 is not retired in NY.  Olney’s a clown.

2 hours ago, Ball Security said:

They’ve only retired numbers from guys who have won a World Series.  Also, 35 is not retired in NY.  Olney’s a clown.

i believe it’s HOF as an Oriole is the requirement but not a WS ring. But it may as well be. 

Our team isn’t the Yankees who just retire everything with 22 numbers retired. 

• Like 1