Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Baltimore Orioles: New Owner, New Hope

DCSaints_fan

Well say HEY, Trey!
Sure is nice to hit one in the crowd.

Tell you what, like Spiffy said, they are NOT that bad.. if pitching stays strong (and it's been lights out), and we can start to hit with guys in scoring position, this team isn't the 100 game loser we're used to. (Low bar, I know,, but it's April)

~Bang

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Boston is off to a really slow start and I'm all for it! Can't keep scuffling with the Yankees, Jays and Rays ahead in the standings.  

Seems the Orioles always get the better of them in the early part of the season, no matter how bad we are.

2 hours ago, Bang said:

We got to May with legit reason to keep interest.

Haven't had this for a while

~Bang

A team on pace to win 58 games is a legit reason to keep interest?

The thing that is frustrating about baseball is that there is little to no parity.  I mean, going into every season for the past say decade, we as Orioles fans are pretty much resigned to the fact that we are not winning the World Series.  We just aren't.  We aren't even sniffing the playoffs.  Same could be said for the Tigers, Reds, etc.  These teams know they have no shot.

I feel like with other sports there is more of a chance for a miracle.  Like I doubt any Jets fan is going into this season expecting a Lombardi trophy, but if Zach Wilson makes major strides and some of their new acquisitions contribute, hey there is a small chance.  Same could be said for our dear Commanders (yeah right).  Look what the Bengals did this past season.  I don't feel like that exists in baseball.  Some of this is due to the stupidly long season, but mostly due to the there being no salary cap and small market teams not being able to compete financially or on the field.  I mean, when is the last time a longshot won the World Series?  Maybe the Royals in 2015?  I don't know what their preseason odds were, or their salaries.  I know the Braves were unlikely winners last year, but what was their payroll?  I'd be interested to see the payrolls of the last 20 or so World Series winners.  We all know the Dodgers, Giants, Red Sox, etc. spend an absurd amount of money.

Basically what I am saying is that it sucks to be an Orioles fan 😩

11 hours ago, Hersh said:

A team on pace to win 58 games is a legit reason to keep interest?

Rodriguez and Rutschman making their debut soon is worth a look.  Was nice seeing Bradish get called up and pitch pretty well.

7 hours ago, abdcskins said:

The thing that is frustrating about baseball is that there is little to no parity.  I mean, going into every season for the past say decade, we as Orioles fans are pretty much resigned to the fact that we are not winning the World Series.  We just aren't.  We aren't even sniffing the playoffs.  Same could be said for the Tigers, Reds, etc.  These teams know they have no shot.

The financial disparity between franchises in is tremendous. in the NFL. The Rams and Dolphins get the same amount of television dollars,

The difference between the Dodgers and Marlins (same two markets) in TV revenue is 219 million dollars. 

35 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Rodriguez and Rutschman making their debut soon is worth a look.  Was nice seeing Bradish get called up and pitch pretty well.

The financial disparity between franchises in is tremendous. in the NFL. The Rams and Dolphins get the same amount of television dollars,

The difference between the Dodgers and Marlins (same two markets) in TV revenue is 219 million dollars. 

Do you have a citation for that?  I’d be interested in diving more into the subject.