Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Baltimore Orioles: New Owner, New Hope

DCSaints_fan

5 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Stanton was dominated by Bautista in the 8th. Took a strike, weak foul ball on 101, absolutely buckled on an off speed pitch. 

Back to .500 and the way the Red Sox July is going, likely out of last place soon. 

.500 and still in last place.  **** being in the AL East.

• Like 1

Aaron Judge this series 

8/13, 1 BB, 2 2B, 3 HRs, 8 RBI

Thats an OBP of .642, an SLG of 1.461 for an OPS of 2.104.

Had we walked him everytime, he would have "only" an OPS of 1.000

Next time we face him we should probably just intentionally walk him every time, at least when there's someone on base. 

Edited by DCSaints_fan

2 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Aaron Judge this series 

8/13, 1 BB, 2 2B, 3 HRs, 8 RBI

Thats an OBP of .642, an SLG of 1.461 for an OPS of 2.104.

Had we walked him everytime, he would have "only" an OPS of 1.000

Next time we face him we should probably just intentionally walk him every time, at least when there's someone on base. 

The HR he hit today off Kremer was a horrific pitch. Like so bad, that sometimes a guy fouls it off like it’s a position player throwing in a blowout. 

But yea, he should get the Bonds treatment if he’s this hot next time. 

O’s tickled 4th for an hour but Boston won. So hopefully the climb continues. Tough sledding with McClanaham on the mound for Tampa. 

Urias is now our WAR leader on the season despite missing several weeks to the IL. 

Nicr to have the B team in the pen besides Bautista) take over the game yesterday and throw up 6 zeros. 

I thought the slide into Rutschmann was high and hard. His spike was raised as he crossed the plate. Glad they worked it out and really glad Adley didn't get hurt because that was nasty looking the way his lower leg twisted. Part of the game to bust up the double play, but I don't have to like it. Adley wasn't blocking the plate.

I will say though that even though the Yankees humbled us a bit, to be standing so strong with Tampa this year is nice. I don't care about their injuries. They've been dominating us, and it's nice to be competitive against them.

~Bang

52 minutes ago, Bang said:

I thought the slide into Rutschmann was high and hard. His spike was raised as he crossed the plate. Glad they worked it out and really glad Adley didn't get hurt because that was nasty looking the way his lower leg twisted. Part of the game to bust up the double play, but I don't have to like it. Adley wasn't blocking the plate.

Now that they can zoom in frame by frame as to look if he lifted his spike a millisecond before the ball was secured, I think infielders are more conscious of securing their foot to the base. And that just might put one in harm's way. 

Dude was trying to make a play and maybe it was a touch high and out of the base. I think Adley handled the situation well and the best remedy is beating them. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the show Terrin Vavra, infielder. He was originally drafted by the Rockies and came here in the Givens trade. He’s currently just outside the top 10 for Orioles prospects.

He’s had some injury issues, but his OBP in the minors is over .400.  

Dude has the name of a NHL defenseman. 

Chelsea James of the post with a nice “Hey The Orioles Exist” article. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/07/27/baltimore-orioles-trade-deadline/

The Orioles, with moxie and magic, are in an unfamiliar spot: On the rise

BALTIMORE — The defining characters in the 2022 Baltimore Orioles clubhouse are not well-known to those outside it. Many of the central figures in this year’s unexpected revival will probably be gone by the time the Orioles make the playoffs again. Some might be gone by Tuesday’s trade deadline, if General Manager Mike Elias decides being a postseason long shot this year isn’t worth missing the chance to add talent for a more promising future.

But that group, whatever happens to it, has exceeded expectations so completely, coalesced so effectively, that it has managed to make that deadline more complicated, at least emotionally, than anyone could have expected. Somewhere along the way, these Orioles became greater than the sum of their parts, a team with a knack for magic and unmistakable personality — the kind of team worth rooting for, really, for the first time in quite some time.

The Orioles began play Thursday three games out of the third Wild Card spot, ahead of the $200 million Boston Red Sox in the American League East, with a record that would be good enough for at least third in every division but theirs and the National League East. They have restored energy to Camden Yards and brought hope back to Baltimore.

(much more in link)