Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wentz Traded to Washington for 2 3rd Rounders per Bleacher Report

Reaper Skins

2 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Could be, could also be he was hit hard by someone like Reich who he trusted and the Colts dumping him after a year. And the trashing of him in the media. And especially the reports of Reich apologizing to Irsay for bringing him in. 

But you would think he then would be happy to go someplace where he is wanted instead of donning a pouty post

• Like 1

I'm still processing this and I want to be considerate in what I say because it would be easy to respond in a way that might seem offensive to some.

That said, at a minimum, Wentz's first public response to having been traded can not be comforting to the team that took a considerable risk to trade for him.

It's still early and the past few weeks had to be an emotional ordeal for both Wentz and his family.

There is also wiggle room in what he said that is open to interpretation.

Ultimately, this is just talk (though not the first thing you want to hear from your new team leader).

What really matters is what he actually does when he gets here.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

5 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I'm still processing this and I want to be considerate in what I say because it would be easy to respond in a way that might seem offensive to some.

That said, at a minimum Wentz's first public response to having been traded can not be comforting to the team that took a considerable risk to trade for him.

It's still early and the past few weeks had to be an emotional ordeal for both Wentz and his family.

There is also wiggle room in what he said that is open to interpretation.

Ultimately, this is just talk (though not the first thing you want to hear from your new team leader).

What really matters is what he actually does when he gets here.

Part of being a pro is being to put a good face on things. I don’t know if there was greater context or large portions of that speech cut out, but this was Wentz speaking to the public. One of the knocks against him is his poor leadership skills. 

This is not how you introduce yourself. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Part of being a pro is being to put a good face on things. I don’t know if there was greater context or large portions of that speech cut out, but this was Wentz speaking to the public. One of the knocks against him is his poor leadership skills. 

This is not how you introduce yourself. 

Wentz would be well served to learn that a wise man keeps some thoughts close to the heart but unsaid.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Burgold said:

That quote above from Wentz makes me think he’s really unhappy about coming to DC. 

No one can officially comment on Wentz being a skin until Wednesday, so maybe that was his way of answering the question indirectly.  

I took that as satire, or something he said at another time about something else other than being traded to Washington.  Very well done I might add, because it doesn’t seem like a stretch for how a player might feel being traded here without some sort of financial incentive like Smith got.

I was under the impression nobody, including Carson can discuss the trade at this time.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's just blathering. He's upset being forced to play for our dump and covering up with typical laughable religious bull****.

It sucks. Firehose to my enthusiasm. 

I would think that context is everything here. He's not talking to a sports reporter, he's talking to what I assume is a group of schoolkids at a  Christian school. Perhaps he was given a topic to discuss, maybe even how to stay focused on God with dealing with change. I think we'll get much better insight once things are allowed to open up on Wednesday. So far we're hearing some snippets that he wants to attract Ertz and Hicks to jump on the Commander train on one hand, and how this is a test from God almighty on the other. I don't think that both can be true. We'll know much more later this week.

Edited by bowhunter
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I took that as satire, or something he said at another time about something else other than being traded to Washington.  Very well done I might add, because it doesn’t seem like a stretch for how a player might feel being traded here without some sort of financial incentive like Smith got.

I was under the impression nobody, including Carson can discuss the trade at this time.

Nah unfortunately it's all too real.

It was posted by @RobMaaddi who is a well respected sports writer, within the evangelical community, on behalf of Carson's official charity @AO1Foundation. 

I think having Maaddi post it on his website was a Wentz approved subterfuge to get around the ban on talking about trades until they're announced.

Also notice that in the actual text of his speech Carson never specifically mentions the Commanders by name. Again this is to circumvent the NFL prohibition on trade talk before the league year starts.

EDIT:

In some ways it actually makes it worse that Carson went through all of these hoops to get his message out.

This was no spur of the moment decision It was a planned well coordinated response.

I can only surmise that he is livid that he was traded here.

On 3/13/2022 at 7:27 AM, CommanderInTheRye said:

Nah unfortunately it's all too real.

It was posted by @RobMaaddi who is well respected in the evangelical community on behalf of Carson's official charity @AO1Foundation. 

I think having Maaddi post it on his website was a Wentz approved subterfuge to get around the ban on talking about trades until they're announced.

Also notice that in the actual text of his speech Carson never specifically mentions the Commanders by name. Again this is to circumvent the NFL prohibition on trade talk before the league year starts.

Yeah, I went and checked dude out, and you’re right- it’s legit.

@BatteredFanSyndrome (mod edit religious content--no ban but read rule 6---report inappriate content per rule, do not extend the original rule violation by adding to it---no ban)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I don't really have a problem with what he said. He's hurt & confused and he doesn't understand why God hates him so much that he would make him play for Dan Snyder. He's just saying what we're all thinking.

And also what he should be thinking-- not saying.

My problem with this is not in how he feels but rather that in expressing it publically he is undermining his ability to lead and represent the team. (Not irrevocably so as he will have a chance to clean things up at his press conference Thursday.)

6 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

And also what he should be thinking-- not saying.

My problem with this is not in how he feels but rather that in expressing it publically he is undermining his ability to lead and represent the team. (Not irrevocably so as he will have a chance to clean things up at his press conference Thursday.)

I would think he’s more likely to hacked off by being thrown under the bus by the Colts organisation.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 3/13/2022 at 7:28 AM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I don't really have a problem with what he said. He's hurt & confused and he doesn't understand why God hates him so much that he would make him play for Dan Snyder. He's just saying what we're all thinking.

(mod edit religious comments...one week ban---tk warned everyone to go back and edit this stuff out and you ignored that, too, and in more than one post)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 6

16 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Ultimate excuse. Religion. He's embarrassing failure like the rest of the God crowd.

Now now, that's not very nice.

One very confusing aspect of all this is that Wentz doesn't seem to understand why God hates him. Hey Carson, you are a ginger and as we all know, gingers are born without a soul. It's no surprise that God wouldst thrice deny you before the **** crows. The bigger question is why did these religious folks have that soulless mother ****er speaking to their children. Is this some kind of cult? Were the secretly mocking him or using him as an example of what happens when you turn your back on God? I need to research this some more before I make any hasty judgements.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Wow. So wentz, nor anyone affiliated with the NFL, can come out and speak about this, or other trades, until Wednesday. So Wentz tries to give a 30k ft answer to stay above the details.... He speaks about his life journey shifting extremely fast and coming to grips with it. Seems honest and vulnerable. @pcbothwel (mod edit religious content--no ban but read rule 6---report inappropriate content per rule, do not extend the original rule violation by adding to it---no ban)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2
  • Thumb down 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2