Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wentz Traded to Washington for 2 3rd Rounders per Bleacher Report

Reaper Skins

2 minutes ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

Injured prone Wentz is not really an upgrade

He's missed 5 regular season games over the last 6 seasons because of injury.  The last 3 regular season games in 2017, and the first 2 in 2018.  The Eagles shut him down in 2018 and benched him in 2020 for Hurts.  He's not injury prone.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

He's not an upgrade over Heinicke? Idk what you are smoking but I want some of that lol.

Wentz is 4 inches taller, has a lot more powerful arm, and has thrown for a lot more yards than Heinicke will ever. In regards to injury prone.. Heinicke is just as injury prone if not more than Wentz. We got him for a cheap deal, and can move on if it doesn't work without much ramifications. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

As an more objective observer, I can tell you it looks like a big upgrade to me.

I get the "Rudy-lite" story with Taylor H., and that he's very likeable, but he's not a legit starting-quality NFL QB.  Not even close, he's barely a #2 in the league, talent/ability wise.  Fans tend to over-rate the little-guy-with-a-good-story-try-hards, and that seems rather clear with Taylor here in DC.  

Wentz has flaws, no doubt about it, but he's a big upgrade in talent at QB.  A clear-cut middle-of-the-pack guy, whereas Taylor is a bottom of the league guy.

You all are as snakebit and cursed as we are, so it'll still likely not work out, but it's not the worst move ever all things considered.  Unfortunately, I think the expectations were quite unrealistic (Rodgers, Wilson, lol, was never going to happen here) and the blow-back of Watson was entirely impossible for the 'Ders to accept.  That left middle-pack guys like Wentz.

Having seen Fitzpatrick up close and personal, Went is better than him by a wide margin as well (and Fitzy gave my Jets the only decent year this decade, lol).

All I'm saying is, maybe it's not a horrific a nightmare as some of you may think.  Give the guy a chance, maybe he'll surprise you, especially with this year's ultra-weak 'Ders schedule..

P.S. 'Ders should look for Wilson or London in the 1st now.  Another WR would go a long way to helping charge up the Offense.  

Personally, I'm hoping my Jets snag Wilson at #10.  I think he's gonna be like another McLaurin one he gets settled in the NFL.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Commander -JB- said:

I mean you kinda gotta trade for a guy if said guy would have no interest in signing with you lol

True, but then it should probably give you pause about how much effort hes gonna give if he has no interest in signing with you

1 hour ago, Rocky21 said:

I like their wide receiver Pittman.  A lot.  

Hes a solid WR2. Maybe a WR3, but Wentz has never had anyone close to a WR1. Ertz, a TE was his top pass catcher for 4 years in Philly. 

51 minutes ago, Drock_VB said:

Stupid trade.   This team needs as many picks as it can get. Ridiculous 

93'd!!!

3 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I will get over the Wentz trade once we have won the divisional playoff game at least. SB appearance would be nice though. 

I can see Wentz and Heinicke having a conversation like Coffee Black and Monix in semi pro and Wentz throwing his ring at Taylor.

• Haha 1

During the off-season E.S. can get pretty barren and repetitive but most of the posts are intelligent and well thought out.

When something major happens hundreds pour out of the woodworking and stupefy this place to staggering levels.

Who are these people and why do they lurk for months waiting for an opportunity to chime in with one pointless sentence only to scurry back to the darkness not to be heard from again until GameDay.

I just don't get it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

During the off-season E.S. can get pretty barren and repetitive but most of the posts are intelligent and well thought out.

When something major happens hundreds pour out of the woodworking and stupefy this place to staggering levels.

Who are these people and why do they lurk for months waiting for an opportunity to chime in with one pointless sentence only to scurry back to the darkness not to be heard from again until GameDay.

I just don't get it.

I was talking to a former ESer on the Eagles Board and he was saying ES use to be a lot of fun and his guilty pleasure, but ever since RG3 it's just been sad over here. I'd imagine a lot of those posters use to be more active, but just like onGameDay, less and less people seem to care daily.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

After reading through the first 3-4 pages of this thread, I'm seeing a lot of folks that still want us to draft a quarterback THIS YEAR. I disagree but would like to hear cases made for why we should.

1. I'm not crazy about this year's class.

2. We're not known for developing good QBs.

3. We still need o-line, defensive backfield, WR help.

I'm not very savvy about drafting so I'm open to being corrected by those with a lot more college football smarts.

1 hour ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Washington Times article today states that Wentz averages one turnover per game.  With 85 starts he threw 57 interceptions and lost 28 out of 66 fumbles.

I don't want this kind of crappy play from my qb. 

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I just don't get it.

Big changes (stressors/stimulus) in circumstances disrupts our homeostasis/equilibrium which increases our consciousness/awareness (survival mechanism). The bigger the change/event, the greater the intensity of the emotional reaction. So you get more people responding, at higher levels of emotional energy (excitement/anger). And our brains decide if we want to respond and how.

And most people like to discharge this excess energy through posting (venting). It’s a coping mechanism and cathartic. 

And people also seek community (for safety), so they come here to connect with other like-minded people to acknowledge their thoughts/beliefs and hopefully get some validation (confirmation). Helps pacify our egos too.

Just enjoy the ride. 🤪

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I was talking to a former ESer on the Eagles Board and he was saying ES use to be a lot of fun and his guilty pleasure, but ever since RG3 it's just been sad over here. I'd imagine a lot of those posters use to be more active, but just like onGameDay, less and less people seem to care daily.

All the late adopters and laggards haven’t picked up the slack. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

I do not like Wentz as our QB answer, I felt like crying when I saw the trade... but he is by far better than anything we had lately. The bar is VERY low, but he is an upgrade. 

I don't get how we go from Wilson to Wentz and think it's ok, but if they really can not go for Watson (legal situation combined with the issues the team has) the other option would have been Jimmy G and you pay a lot more. If they do mot think Jimmy is a lot better than Wentz and they plan to upgrade the position long term next year I guess I get the trade... doesn't make me happy though 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

It indeed used to be more fun back in the day. But it was smaller and easier to carry-on conversations then. Now I come here only to gauge the temperature mostly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I love the trade. I don’t view $28 million for a good starting QB as a negative. Especially when you have guys making $40-$50 mil. I don’t think 2 3rds is too high.

i hope we end up moving one 3rd to 2nd in this deal because hopefully that means Carson is playing well and is staying on the field. He’s had a few injuries, but I don’t think he’s injury prone. 

i hope he stays for a really long time and cures our woahs at the position. I also say no QB in the 1st. Let’s a get a dude that can come in here and start right away like a MLB or a WR. Better yet, I wouldn’t mind getting a mike in free agency if a good one is available. In fact, that would open up tons of possibilities with our 1st overall pick.

Trading for Wentz, re-signing McLaurin and McKissic as well as getting a Mike in free agency would be a terrific offseason for me/us. I am suddenly very interested.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Monte51Coleman said:

It indeed used to be more fun back in the day. But it was smaller and easier to carry-on conversations then. Now I come here only to gauge the temperature mostly.

I've been here for about 15 years I think. Wow lol. It's certainly a lot different. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I just don't get it.

Casual fans are just having their "reactions" to the current sports news cycle. It's popular amongst the human youth.

Most aren't here to discuss anything, only to state their viewpoint, as if it matters. If you don't get it, that means you're from a better time. :P

• Like 2