Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wentz Traded to Washington for 2 3rd Rounders per Bleacher Report

Reaper Skins

1 minute ago, A Skinhead in Saints Land said:

Frank Reich, who Wentz had his best years with, is done with him after one year?  The Colts also don’t currently have a viable option at QB now. How is that not a huge red flag for Ron and Co?  This is pathetic. Missed on Wilson and decided to panic buy on Wentz. 

Exactly.

Wentz doesn't get you anywhere close to a serious SB run.  So what's the point?  A desperate reach for a playoff appearance without any real meat behind it, per our usual?  It's a bottom line business.  You are either a serious contender or you aren't.  AT BEST, Wentz gets you a token playoff appearance (though, he couldn't even do that with a better roster and coach-fit in Indy - not to mention all his off-field issues with every locker room he's been a part of).  Wow.    

So...we give up draft picks (a 3rd and most likely a 2nd) for a guy who isn't going to get us to the show or even close to it.  We could and should have just signed a FA QB, saved our draft picks, which we will certainly need, and ended up basically at the same point: a team that (barring some freak miracle) isn't getting a whiff of the SB.  And we're out draft picks on top of it.  

New regime, same old song and dance, IMO.  

I'm legitimately happy for any fans that are truly happy/excited/optimistic about this.  We all deserve to feel that way.  Good on you, for sure.  I wish I could join you.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

So when I asked what was a plan to get our elite QB of the future, and how does the wentz trade inhibit that, you say that we need "dumb luck through the draft".   You also think Wentz adds 1-2 wins for us, so our draft position moving forward would be very similar, meaning this trade won't really alter our options when it's our turn to draft right?

My point all along is that the downside of this trade is being exaggerated, and it doesn't hamper whatever chance we have to obtain our franchise QB of the future, and your post does nothing to refute that.  And we disagree on the upside that Wentz offers.  It is worth a shot in my opinion.  He was the best option out of a bunch of unattractive options.  

No, it just kicks the can down the road. It’s another season fighting for a wild card spot with no real direction as a team. Another season with weak culture.

Who knows, maybe he turns into some sort of savior here, but that’s HIGHLY unlikely. I don’t care what his record is, what his stats are, what kind of skill he has. Throw him on this team and he’s probably going to underwhelm. It’s like Stafford on the Lions. Even a great QB couldn’t do much with that crap organization. Same applies here, you’d be kidding yourself to view this organization as anything other than a cancer to itself at this point.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Did they hate Wentz? Or was that just media narrative?

https://horseshoeheroes.com/2022/02/23/colts-frustration-carson-wentz/

In fairness to Wentz, these reports contrast everything his teammates have said about him throughout, and after, the season.

Running back, Jonathan Taylor, said that he loves Wentz in the locker room and on the field. Linebacker, Darius Leonard, referred to Wentz as a “true warrior” and said he always puts the team first.

Both of these statements were made during the week leading up to the Super Bowl. Wentz received even more positive words from his teammates throughout the season.

Good job saying the right things, guys.

5 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Mclaurin caught more yards with Haskins Allen and smith throwing him the ball what does his 1000 yards have anything to do with Taylor Heinicke?

It doesn't. I forgot they don't count air yards plus yards gained by the WR afterwards.  Taylor sucked and couldn't get the ball to Terry as much but Terry still got 1000 yards. My bad. 

12 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Taylor made Terry the 1000 yards WR. Wentz better make Terry more than 1000 yards WR then. 

Taylor almost made Terry retired with all the hospital passes he threw. Taylor is why Terry had to lead the league in contested catches. We're lucky Taylor didn't get him killed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

HAHAHHAHAHA

You gotta be kidding me. Terry made more contested catches than any other receiver in the league because Taylor is so inaccurate. Terry Made Taylor a 3400 yard QB. Don't get it twisted. 

I hope you know it goes both ways. ;)

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Taylor almost made Terry retired with all the hospital passes he threw. Taylor is why Terry had to lead the league in contested catches. We're lucky Taylor didn't get him killed.

There were couple of hits by the DBs but let's not be over dramatic here. Okay. 

Edited by zCommander

24 minutes ago, A Skinhead in Saints Land said:

Frank Reich, who Wentz had his best years with, is done with him after one year?  The Colts also don’t currently have a viable option at QB now. How is that not a huge red flag for Ron and Co?  This is pathetic. Missed on Wilson and decided to panic buy on Wentz. 

Reich wasn’t done with him, the owner was done with him so the GM shipped him out.

• Like 1

Taylor elevates the passion of his team more than Wentz ever had. Has a Philly or Indy defensive lineman ever thrown punches at teammates over Wentz? I don't think so. Wentz can take his "North Dakota Strong" butt to the kiddie corner while Taylor leads the real fighters.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Nah. One is a pro-bowl player, the other is a scrub, I know which way this goes,

How many scrub QBs have made Pro-Bowlers WRs? If a QB can't get the ball to the WR how is that WR going to be a pro bowler. I mean it literally goes both way. I know it is very hard for you to acknowledge that. 

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wow, yeah that’s right Doug too. Yeah that’s crazy how many “revenge” storylines there will be with him here this season. 

Add in the cowboys and paying them back for those embarrassments, playing against Cousins, we should have a pretty big collective chip on our shoulder.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Taylor elevates the passion of his team more than Wentz ever had. Has a Philly or Indy defensive lineman ever thrown punches at teammates over Wentz? I don't think so. Wentz can take his "North Dakota Strong" butt to the kiddie corner while Taylor leads the real fighters.

This is hilarious.  😂 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, A Skinhead in Saints Land said:

This is my cause for concern.  It makes me think that the rumors of him being disliked by his teammates in Philly are justified.  
That said, this is his last chance at being a starter in the league, we should get the best him and we didn’t sacrifice the future to get him.  I’m willing to let it play out.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, zCommander said:

How many scrub QBs have made Pro-Bowlers WRs? If a QB can't get the ball to the WR how is that WR going to be a pro bowler. I mean it literally goes both way. I know it is very hard for you to acknowledge that. 

Because Terry is so much better that he was able to constantly bail out your boy. Without Terry on this team Heinicke throws for well under 3k and gets benched halfway through the season. 

Which receiver was second in yards? Adam Humphries? Come on man. Terry is pro-bowl material, we've known this since year 1. 

Terry was hamstrung by Heinicke, With a real QB he gets way more yards. 

Terry got to 1000 in spite of Heinicke, not because of him. 

Edited by CobraCommander
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wow, yeah that’s right Doug too. Yeah that’s crazy how many “revenge” storylines there will be with him here this season. 

Phi, Phi, Ind, Jax...

Dang near a 1/4 of our season. I need Foles in the lineup against us next year somewhere

18x11 simpsons episode 11 GIF on GIFER - by Coi480 × 270

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Haha 3