Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

PleaseBlitz

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

How?

And you don't believe Putin is simply a replaceable puppet, do you?

Again, if nothing was wrong with what Biden said, why did White House come out so quickly to clarify what he said?

Just take the L on accepting this as an unforced error so we can move on already. 

For the oligarchs, he is a replacement puppet. They care about money, not recreating the Soviet unions formal glory. If they can blame Putin and get the sanctions lifted quickly, that option might be attractive to them. 

the White House clearified what he said because they don’t want a direct conflict with Russia,  not because Biden didn’t mean what he said.

I also realized I misspelled lose 27 times. But I bet Putin is actually pretty loose.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

Russia Set To Open Its First McDonald's Replacement

Earlier this month McDonald's announced it would close all 847 of its restaurants in Russia amid the ongoing war in Ukraine.

Now, fast-food chain Uncle Vanya's could be set to take the place of McDonald's, with the brand recently filling a familiar-looking trademark.

The application for the logo was reportedly filled by Vyacheslav Volodin, Russia's state duma chairman, and now footage of the new fast-food chain has been shared to Twitter, with the infamous logo seen in the video.

de1b8955623c2efa794a1264eac8bca2.png

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, China said:

Earlier this month McDonald's announced it would close all 847 of its restaurants in Russia amid the ongoing war in Ukraine.

Now, fast-food chain Uncle Vanya's could be set to take the place of McDonald's, with the brand recently filling a familiar-looking trademark.

The application for the logo was reportedly filled by Vyacheslav Volodin, Russia's state duma chairman, and now footage of the new fast-food chain has been shared to Twitter, with the infamous logo seen in the video.

Ronald-McDonald-and-Friends.jpg.cff4cb4f21986f3a7c12e8ec6558317e.jpg

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

For the oligarchs, he is a replacement puppet. They care about money, not recreating the Soviet unions formal glory. If they can blame Putin and get the sanctions lifted quickly, that option might be attractive to them. 

What evidence do you have that the oligarchs are the ones that installed Putin, control Putin, and can get rid of him whenever they want?

the White House clearified what he said because they don’t want a direct conflict with Russia,  not because Biden didn’t mean what he said.

If he didn't want to risk direct conflict with Russia he shouldn't of said it. How can they possibly say he didn't mean what he said but he did mean what he said at the same time?

He did mean it and was wrong for saying that, that's why White House clarified what he said, they are back tracking his words right now.

“For God’s sake, this man cannot remain in power,” Biden said of Russian President Vladimir Putin — an attention-grabbing line a source familiar with the situation said wasn’t included in the prepared remarks. 

Biden went rouge, stop trying to rationalize it when they aren't. 

I also realized I misspelled lose 27 times. But I bet Putin is actually pretty loose.

It's all good.

It’s been a long time since I was proud of how one of our presidents has handled a international crisis.  Biden is doing this on purpose I think and I think it is masterful diplomacy. It’s going to be super has to convince me otherwise.

hell even China has basically fallen in line with the west.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

24 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

It’s been a long time since I was proud of how one of our presidents has handled a international crisis.  Biden is doing this on purpose I think and I think it is masterful diplomacy. It’s going to be super has to convince me otherwise.

hell even China has basically fallen in line with the west.

Agreed, but he's not beyond criticism if he makes mistakes along the way, and we should he able to talk about it based on the possible consequences that could affect all of us.

Edited by Renegade7

43 minutes ago, China said:

First manager will be John-Amos-as-Cleo-McDowell-in-Coming-to-

• Haha 7

It was both true and an unforced error.  Putin has long been afraid of dying like Gaddafi and lines like that don't help.  Biden spoke from the heart, which is a strength of his, but I think it creates a lot of unnecessary drama to say what he did.  Thankfully, Peskov seems to be shrugging it off for the most part.  The goal right now should be to encourage Russia to narrow the scope of its operation to the east like they said, as that will make a potential mistaken action in NATO territory less (ie, a missile missing a base near the border and hitting Poland).  Then the forces will probably fight for a bit but it's possible that they might be able to reach an agreement somewhat quickly too given the narrowed scope.

This is good too.  The west should be somewhat clear about what it'll take to get sanctions dropped (and no, it can't really include Putin resigning, unfortunately).  I think a treaty re: Ukraine is a good line to take.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

Right.  But the two key words were poland and planes.  Was there some update on that?

Saw that on French TV news feed yesterday evening which is kinda reliable. At first I thought that was linked to Biden, but I'm now seeing that it's linked to Ukraine, so that's not exactly alike.

And since I'm not on twitter I don't have anything else than french to link around for you guys :P

• Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Not real elections, no. I think Putin only leaves if he dies or gets arrested. 

They do have elections, just like Chinese, and it's written somewhere in their Constitution.

The fact that their may be only 1 vote available doesn't make it less real anyway.

The fact that people are voting scared or that political opponents are murdered is totally different.

3 hours ago, China said:

:ols:  They can't even handle Ukraine, what makes him think they can do more?

Russian propangada at its best!

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

If he didn't want to risk direct conflict with Russia he shouldn't of said it. How can they possibly say he didn't mean what he said but he did mean what he said at the same time?

He did mean it and was wrong for saying that, that's why White House clarified what he said, they are back tracking his words right now.

Most of the time whan a President say something and his office clarify is part of the trick and is a well run oiled machine. Especially during those time where Joe Biden has to show his allies that he's here and you're not gonna let us down, and still show the opponent that he isn't really going full throttle about it.

Kinda like having minister talking about new ideas, perspectives about a subject or two and see how people react before making a decision.

This is often seen as a mistake, when it isn't at all.

And I would think that in this situation:

- Joe Biden talks to Poland/Ukraine mainly.

- White House is here to speak to China and every other "autocrat" country to ease down the situation. They could care less about Russia and its propaganda that is running full throttle. That's the line that will be used by diplomats and ambassadors.

3 hours ago, China said:

Baba Yaga Burger

• Haha 3

Europe will eventually believe Russia’s lies and lift sanctions. It will be a fake deal. Just giving Putin time to rebuild his army and then strike again. 

European businesses will flock back to Russia so fast , if a deal happens.

The Europeans don’t have will or desire to keep sanctions until Putin is gone.

• Thumb down 3

16 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Europe will eventually believe Russia’s lies and lift sanctions. It will be a fake deal. Just giving Putin time to rebuild his army and then strike again. 

European businesses will flock back to Russia so fast , if a deal happens.

The Europeans don’t have will or desire to keep sanctions until Putin is gone.

I feel like what you are saying doesn’t match what we are seeing.

God, the Biden administration is acting like such *******. 

it’s ok to say an awful mass murderer, that poisons arrests or otherwise kills political opponents, and basically commits genocide/ethnic cleansing, shouldn’t be running a country. 

• Like 2

It's worth noting that Russia ain't threatening anyone any time soon with their conventional forces after this Ukraine debacle.

They supposedly modernized their military over the last decade plus but turns out it was one giant money laundering OP that no one told the boss about, and so they are that same decade of modernization away PLUS a huge amount of gear they blew on Ukraine that has gotten exploded.

11 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Is that a threat we made that we are going to push for that now?  Folks are already talking about changing the sanctions ro require ending the invasion AND THEN adding Putin has to leave as well.  

I'm cool with increasing the demands. 

For one thing, it reflects events on the ground. Russia is losing. And they're responding by stepping up the war crimes. 

I'd even tell them so. "These are our demands now. Kidnap another 5,000 civilians, or keep shelling civilian infrastructure, and the terms will get worse.  For example, demanding the return of the territory that you invaded years ago is on the table. So are war crimes trials for every commander involved. So are reparations."

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

It's worth noting that Russia ain't threatening anyone any time soon with their conventional forces after this Ukraine debacle.

They supposedly modernized their military over the last decade plus but turns out it was one giant money laundering OP that no one told the boss about, and so they are that same decade of modernization away PLUS a huge amount of gear they blew on Ukraine that has gotten exploded.

Not only that, but the west has advanced their tech another decade partially in response the fake modernization of Russia’s military. So not only did they fall behind, they also pushed their enemy farther ahead. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RansomthePasserby said:

Not only that, but the west has advanced their tech another decade partially in response the fake modernization of Russia’s military. So not only did they fall behind, they also pushed their enemy farther ahead. 

Right and Russia still hasn't solved the core problems with their logistics/supply-lines/lack of NCO core, which means they can have all the fancy technology they want, but they are still going to lose on most battlefields during a protracted war.