Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

PleaseBlitz

2 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

It's dangerous from a perspective that if the world don't like what you do or say you're canceled. You don't see the precedence? Or since cancel culture doesn't bother you what about the Ukrainian first policy?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/african-students-ukrainians-first-policy-preventing-them-leaving-war-zone-2022-2%3famp

Should we also talk about the racism that's going on because of the war then? 

You ever get the feeling you are the dumbest mother****er in the room? 

edit: Asking for a friend, chill 

Edited by Llevron
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

It's dangerous from a perspective that if the world don't like what you do or say you're canceled. You don't see the precedence? Or since cancel culture doesn't bother you what about the Ukrainian first policy?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/african-students-ukrainians-first-policy-preventing-them-leaving-war-zone-2022-2%3famp

Do I care about the ukranian people sure. Do I also care about Russian pepple..sure. do I wish the war would stop...sure. do I want Ukraine to win. You bet. But yall keep that same energy when it comes down other wars. I expect every last one yall who are all up in arms about this war to be all up in arms over every war. 

Oh trust me sir. I AM UP IN ARMS ABOUT EVERY ****ING WAR.

• Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Do I care about the ukranian people sure. Do I also care about Russian pepple..sure. do I wish the war would stop...sure. do I want Ukraine to win. You bet. But yall keep that same energy when it comes down other wars. I expect every last one yall who are all up in arms about this war to be all up in arms over every war. 

The african students thing was about visas i think. I think visas were waived for ukranian citizens and they werent citizens, so people were just doing their jobs. Juicy story though

Edited by dunfer

Chernobyl Loses Power as Ukraine Calls for Cease-Fire to Fix Nuclear Plant

Russian forces disconnected the Chernobyl nuclear power plant station from Ukraine’s power grid, according to the state-run grid operator Ukrenergo, prompting concerns about the cooling of nuclear materials at the site.

“Because of military actions of Russian occupiers the nuclear power plant in Chornobyl was fully disconnected from the power grid. The nuclear station has no power supply,” Ukrenergo wrote, using the Ukrainian spelling for the nuclear power plant.

Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba on Wednesday called for a cease-fire to allow for repairs to the plant.

Click on the link for the full article

1 hour ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Sure one could present the argument. Then I'd counter argue and say that war has always been nature from the very beginning. Hell this land of America canceled the natives here. A Male lion will stroll into another lions pack and fight for dominance and if he wins...cancels that whole lineage. And hippos...and rams...and etc etc. But for us to say hey we gonna get you canceled in all facets because they want to take over another country as if we are in any imminent danger is wild...pretty funny you ask me. Bur dangerous af. Legit we are canceling an entire country because we don't like what Russia is doing. If that aint scary idk what is. 

What is happening isn't new any more than war.  Even among animals, you'll see certain ones socially isolate others.

Culture/economic isolation (cancelling) has always been part of larger societal battles.

During the heart of the Cold War, the west was essentially cancelled in the Soviet Union and vice versa for the Soviet Union here.

What is particularly scary about it?

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Legit we are canceling an entire country because we don't like what Russia is doing. If that aint scary idk what is. 

Scary would be watching a dictator, in 2022, ruthlessly massacre civilians for the sin of living in their own country and not wanting to be subjugated, while the rest of the world said “that’s ok, we don’t want to rock the boat and make our widgets more expensive”

especially when it seems there’s credible info this is just one of his first steps, with a desire to add other countries to the Russian Federation. 

that, would be scary 

cause it means the whole world cares more about how much a gallon of gas costs them, than they do about the lives of innocent civilians; including children, who die because a children’s hospital they are currently staying in is bombed  

that would almost be as bad as e-knighting for Russia because you see a chance to score some cheap political points against “cancel culture”, instead of caring about said innocent civilians and children. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1

48 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Honestly I understand the embargo...tariffs. im not talking about the blocking the money and supplies. I'm talking the cancel culture that is shunning and putting down anything russian. Ie. CCM no longer having Ovechkin as the main face because of the war. Wtf does thst have to do with thr war? Grubhub canceling their conract using Russian bots to deliver food because of the war. Wtf does thet got to do with each other. It's legit canceling anything and everything russian. 

Do I think some of that is probably silly? Sure. But that consideration pales in comparison to the actual...ya know...war of aggression that's being waged on country with bombing of civilians and children's hospitals.

Priorities, man.

• Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, China said:

Chernobyl Loses Power as Ukraine Calls for Cease-Fire to Fix Nuclear Plant

Russian forces disconnected the Chernobyl nuclear power plant station from Ukraine’s power grid, according to the state-run grid operator Ukrenergo, prompting concerns about the cooling of nuclear materials at the site.

“Because of military actions of Russian occupiers the nuclear power plant in Chornobyl was fully disconnected from the power grid. The nuclear station has no power supply,” Ukrenergo wrote, using the Ukrainian spelling for the nuclear power plant.

Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba on Wednesday called for a cease-fire to allow for repairs to the plant.

Click on the link for the full article

Wtf are they trying to do? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dunfer said:

Wtf are they trying to do? 

I think it sort of depends on whether it was intentional or not.

If not intentional, it's a scary result of war that needs to be addressed quickly. If it was intentional it's essentially terrorism because my understanding is the spent fuel rods there need electricity for cooling or bad things can potentially happen. So Russia would more or less be threatening to allow a nuclear accident in Ukraine unless they get what they want.

Funny that  those complaining (one poster here and others on certain news outlets) about canceling Russia economically are the same ones (I know I'm generalizing) who complain about a global economy. I guess nationalism doesn't apply to Russian markets? 

Edited by Busch1724
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

Funny that  those complaining (one poster here and others on certain news outlets) about canceling Russia economically are the same ones (I know I'm generalizing) who complain about a global economy. I guess nationalism doesn't apply to Russian markets? 

It gets really funny when you realize that even if confronted with this, they wouldn't understand any of it to begin with. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, China said:

First it was the "we just wanted to protect donetsk and luhansk" (so we win in the end) and now vlad's generals pay the price for his decisions.

Growing up in the cold war, I thought russia had turned a corner in the reagan/grorbachev years. I guess electing a former KGB agent was a bad idea

I read a quote from a Russian that said "if we get any worse, we will be North Korea". This is sounding alot like North Korea.