Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

24 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Logan got hurt in December so September would be about 10 months from an ACL injury. Generally it takes a year for a player to feel comfortable. He is not in football shape and has spent no time working with Wentz. 

Why not give him 4 weeks to practice and get in shape. Doesn’t make sense to have him start game one. 

That's not true.

ACL's like his have shorter timelines now.

Many players experience no lag in productive play time. That year narrative is out-dated.

Logan can be ramped up to football shape as a TE (like last year), after being cleared in a week or 2. No reason to wait if he's cleared.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

The other thing is that these aren't our starters on offense. Charles getting beat, having an unheard of guy on the line, these 4th during TEs, etc. The main thing in looking for is competence and that's been accomplished. I do want to see more combinationdls at RB though to consider defenses. I'd like to see JDM and Gibson to start some drives. But this is all coming together. We're getting live reps now and we're seeing progress. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I doubt it has much to do about how high they are on the group.  The only dude who is healthy right now is Rogers.  As far as healthy bodies the TE group is a hot mess. 

I think this hit the nail on the head. He's a live body. The team is sorely lacking in healthy TEs. So here's on more that became available. I doubt Blanton has much of a short to make the 53, but that hinges on health as much as anything.

2 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I think this hit the nail on the head. He's a live body. The team is sorely lacking in healthy TEs. So here's on more that became available. I doubt Blanton has much of a short to make the 53, but that hinges on health as much as anything.

He's more than a live body.

If you like Bates, then you'll like Blanton. Not the exact same, but he's a legit TE2 competitor. He's better than Curtis Hodges, Armani Rogers, Eli Wolfe, and competition for Bates. Could earn a roster spot if they keep 4 TEs.

1 hour ago, TheShredder said:

He's more than a live body.

If you like Bates, then you'll like Blanton. Not the exact same, but he's a legit TE2 competitor. He's better than Curtis Hodges, Armani Rogers, Eli Wolfe, and competition for Bates. Could earn a roster spot if they keep 4 TEs.

I mean any number of things could happen. But Blanton was cut this far from the 53 man cut-down, which means the Rams had no intention of keeping him around or even hoping he'd go to the practice squad. In fact, he's been cut many times by the Rams, including each of the last three years on cut down day. He's basically been their practice squad TE for the last 3 years, occasionally getting call ups when injuries occur. That is his upside, practice squad guy that fills in when others get injured. Let's not pretend otherwise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jericho said:

That is his upside, practice squad guy that fills in when others get injured. Let's not pretend otherwise.

Nobody's pretending here. He put up a good NFC Championship performance when his number was called. Has more experience than a rookie. Big TE that blocks and catches. They brought him in to compete because guys can't stay healthy.

• Thumb up 2

19 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

could see Blanton starting the season at tight end. Logan will be on PUP, Bates will probably be #2 and I suppose they’re concerned that Turner may be more injured than what they’re saying plus he’s a rookie. Rogers hasn’t shown much and the same could be said of Hodges. One of these guys is practice squad bound with the other being cut. 

Well I’ll admit I was wrong on Logan since he was activated from PUP today. The pickup of Blanton seems odd if they knew Logan was coming off PUP today. More likely we are only keeping 3 TEs so you got Logan, Bates, and Turner. I don’t think they keep 4 and one less wideout and while practice squad is expanded you’re not gonna keep 3 TEs on it. 

Interesting. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, skinsfan93 said:

Well I’ll admit I was wrong on Logan since he was activated from PUP today. The pickup of Blanton seems odd if they knew Logan was coming off PUP today. More likely we are only keeping 3 TEs so you got Logan, Bates, and Turner. I don’t think they keep 4 and one less wideout and while practice squad is expanded you’re not gonna keep 3 TEs on it. 

Interesting. 

We still have another week of preseason and not many bodies ready to go…Logan Thomas might be off PUP but he’s not going to see preseason snaps, and might not even be ready week 1 (although seems like he’s trending that way). They might have just needed another body if they’re going to be careful with Cole Turner. 

2 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

Interesting. 

It makes keeping 4 TEs a bigger issue when you cant keep 2 guys healthy, at the same time. Who's the casualty from that? WR?

Maybe a WR.

9 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Wolf already IR'd

IF, he clears waiver we very well make the move to sign him then.  Our TE group if healthy looks good.  This team needs to have a trainer that does the job of keeping the players healthy and strong.  I know injuries are going to happen but man.....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RWJ said:

@Skinsinparadise Hmmmm.  Might they release Wolf and sign Hudson?  I think there will be 3 new faces on the team and 1 or two possible starters afte this last preseason game and final cuts are made.  Just a thought.  What do you think, SIP?

As mentioned Wolf already out of the picture.  But I got no idea.

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

Talk that LV 2021 OL first rounder Alex Leatherwood may be on the bubble to get dumped or traded. Worth a low cost look as depth/development?

I’d throw in a waiver claim because why not with our OL coach’s ability to rehabilitate busts, but I wouldn’t trade anything unless we have some scouts that really liked him pre-draft. A 2021 1st going that bad that quickly is a big red flag that I’d let another team trade for, if they felt the need to beat the waiver order. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1