Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

5 minutes ago, sebestian said:

MVS TO CHIEFS. 

Former Packers’ WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling is signing a three-year, $30 million deal worth up to $36 million with the Chiefs, per source. This is called living right: Valdes-Scantling goes from the NFL’s reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers to the NFL’s former MVP Patrick Mahomes.

He's kind of "meh" for $10 million a year. But that does seem to be the going rate these days. Still, you could pay Hill twice as much and get way more than twice the production. So we'll see how this pans out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jericho said:

He's kind of "meh" for $10 million a year. But that does seem to be the going rate these days. Still, you could pay Hill twice as much and get way more than twice the production. So we'll see how this pans out.

Hill’s not signing for $20M, not after Adams deal.

I wanted us to looks at MVS but that kind of money is crazy. He was holding out for 1 year 7-10mil deal per his agent. And GB wanted first chance to match. KC basically took them out of the race. 

The draft continues to take on more importance as average players drop deals like this.

5 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Well that’s what the Jags gave Zay Jones. They kicked the league in the nuts with him and the Kirk deals.

• Thumb up 2

4 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

He already got his new deal. Four years, 120 million.

Hill's deal is 5 years 140 million dollars, but the reality is that because very little money is guaranteed the last year, in reality its a 4 year 96 million dollar deal.

2 hours ago, woodpecker said:

No, Doctson was a first round pick. He is actually exhibit a of why I am leery of drafting a first rd receiver. 

He should be exhibit A of why you’re leery of drafting a 1st round over-aged non-early declare senior WR. Such a higher bust rate when you factor those two things in, it’s really not worth trying to outsmart everyone to the outlier. 

• Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Remember when we let Ryan Clark sign with Pittsburgh for like $2 million so that we could make Adam Archuleta the highest paid safety in the league?

Listen man I’m not trying to dump on you but this sounds like you’re dangerously close to saying Special Teams doesn’t matter?? Investing in the NFL’s first, last and most qualified dedicated Personal Punt Protector doesn’t matter to you??? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chump Bailey said:

It would be stunning if they let Terry walk. I'll be severely disappointed if they don't retain him and that just may be the deciding factor for me to keep following and supporting this team. 

Exactly. Just as another poster said- cutting him will set a terrible precedent that we're not a team to have a career with. We would be a stepping stone and nothing more. 

I understand the thought of it from a business perspective, but if we don't extend TERRY, then who the eff will we ever extend again? He's the exact dude you want in a locker room.

• Like 4

On 3/23/2022 at 6:45 PM, justice98 said:

I'm wondering if Devante Parker could be had from Miami. Their WR depth chart is getting pretty long.  They got Hill now, Waddle, they signed Cedric Wilson in free agency, Parker, Preston Williams and Allen Hurns all on the roster.

Drawing trade interest from teams, including the Eagles apparently.....

Just now, markmills67 said:

Can anyone tell me why re-signing McLaurin and Payne (if stories they want to is right), is taking so long, it can't be Cap based due to us having about 12m now, with 12m coming via Collins in June and we can easily get 20m plus on top of that. 

They've been eligible for extensions for about a week and are letting the market settle to see what the money at their positions looks like. If we’re having this conversation in July, panic. Right now, this is normal. 

• Like 5

On 3/23/2022 at 2:45 PM, justice98 said:

I'm wondering if Devante Parker could be had from Miami. Their WR depth chart is getting pretty long.  They got Hill now, Waddle, they signed Cedric Wilson in free agency, Parker, Preston Williams and Allen Hurns all on the roster.

I'm sure he could be had, but I'd rather draft a guy instead of sending any picks for him. He's one of those guys who has talent, but is frequently out with an injury. I would have to quit this message board if we had both Parker and Samuel on the roster together. It would be too much complaining for me to handle. 

9 minutes ago, Conn said:

They've been eligible for extensions for about a week and are letting the market settle to see what the money at their positions looks like. If we’re having this conversation in July, panic. Right now, this is normal. 

Exactly. We signed both Jon Allen and Logan Thomas around July 27th last year. That is the target date for signing Terry and Payne.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Can anyone tell me why re-signing McLaurin and Payne (if stories they want to is right), is taking so long, it can't be Cap based due to us having about 12m now, with 12m coming via Collins in June and we can easily get 20m plus on top of that. 

At these WR prices… we should trade Payne for draft picks so we can sign McLaurin

57 minutes ago, Captain James said:

Exactly. Just as another poster said- cutting him will set a terrible precedent that we're not a team to have a career with. We would be a stepping stone and nothing more. 

I understand the thought of it from a business perspective, but if we don't extend TERRY, then who the eff will we ever extend again? He's the exact dude you want in a locker room.

The whole NFL is moving towards that model. If trends continue (and the NFL doesn't die because of it), you'll soon be seeing teams made up of guys with 4 or fewer years because they found their franchise guy and are paying him 50% of the true cap.

• Sad 1

Give Terry 5 for $120-125m and call it a day. Better to do it now before he has the season he can have with a better QB and definitely don't want to go through the Cousins and Scherff crap again with getting pennies on the dollar with a comp pick. In 2 years $24-25 million for a WR of his caliber will be a steal. He's earned it and don't screw up the relationship with the best player we've had in quite some time because of about $2 million a year. Kirk got 4-72 (18 AAV), Adams 5-140 (28 AAV), Hill got 4-120 (30 AAV). $24-25m AAV for Terry is right for both parties. This time next year he's getting more than that. Huge season coming up with a QB that can get him the ball more and I am not that high on Wentz but he's the best Terry has had. 

• Like 3