Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

13 minutes ago, BC-Redskins said:

Wonder if the reason for no LB so far is they like / all in on a certain one or two In this draft 

dean / Lloyd / muma etc 

Could be.  Possible.  They met with Muma, know that via a tweet 

30 minutes ago, BC-Redskins said:

Wonder if the reason for no LB so far is they like / all in on a certain one or two In this draft 

dean / Lloyd / muma etc 

Or they have expressed interested in Wagner and are waiting on his decision.  That would be a significant deal and would affect their strategy moving forward.  

Side note - I think once Wagner signs, Alexander Johnson from Denver will be soon after.  I bet teams that are chasing Wagner have AJ in mind as a consolation prize.

34 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Seriously? The guy's in the HOF and is the greatest coach in Redskins history and you don't trust him on modern football? Joe Gibbs comes from one of the greatest offensive systems in NFL history under Don Coryell....I'm pretty sure he knows enough about modern football. More than that he knows how to build winning organizations....above and beyond X's and O's. 

Joe Gibbs is the man, I have nothing negative to say about him as a coach or man or leader etc.  He was great during his first run, given his situation he did very well in his second run after a 13 year hiatus.

That being said, I was surprised when I was listening to Boston sports talk radio recently, and Christian Fauria said Joe Gibbs was the worst coach he ever had.  I know a lot changed with the Xs and Os in his 13 year absence, but was surprised by that comment.  Fauria was in the league for 13 years and played for multiple HCs.  Gibbs was worse than Dennis Erickson and John fox??  I'd like to hear his reasons.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Joe Gibbs is the man, I have nothing negative to say about him as a coach or man or leader etc.  He was great during his first run, given his situation he did very well in his second run after a 13 year hiatus.

That being said, I was surprised when I was listening to Boston sports talk radio recently, and Christian Fauria said Joe Gibbs was the worst coach he ever had.  I know a lot changed with the Xs and Os in his 13 year absence, but was surprised by that comment.  Fauria was in the league for 13 years and played for multiple HCs.  Gibbs was worse than Dennis Erickson and John fox??  I'd like to hear his reasons.

That would be the only person I've ever heard say a negative thing about Joe Gibbs....would like to know what made Fauria think that way?

9 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

That would be the only person I've ever heard say a negative thing about Joe Gibbs....would like to know what made Fauria think that way?

They probably are defensive about Belichick not being the goat and Gibbs being the real goat. So they trash him on Boston radio. Typical. Boston fans are horrible. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Yes me too, it was a quick one liner and he didn't expound. They were talking about free agency coming up, and what is enticing to free agents as they decide where to play.  Fauria said Washington made the pitch that Fauria should sign with washington bc Joe Gibbs was the head coach and how great he was, and he said so much for that bc he was the worst coach I ever had.  

1 hour ago, KillBill26 said:

Who in the blue hell is Christian Fauria…….oh that right a NOBODY, who does not his football history. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Rams extended Stafford

four-year, $160 million extension that includes $135 million guaranteed

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33548189/sources-los-angeles-rams-lock-qb-matthew-stafford-160m-extension

Robert woods has been mentioned as a trade candidate since they signed arob.  Rams owe him a bonus tomorrow.  His base salaries and roster bonuses total 4 yr 60 mil, which is what a team that trades for him would be on the hook for.  Considering he is coming back from an ACL, I don't see a team wanting to pay that on top of giving up draft picks to acquire him.  He may get cut tonight.   Fast and versatile, he could be a nice asset for us, and wouldn't affect comp pick status.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, HoggLife said:

The trade isn't as bad as it looks for Cleveland. Because I'm pretty sure they can get a 1st and 3rd for Mayfield. So really it's like they gave up two 1st and a 4th for Watson. Cleveland and Phili where the 2 teams that could afford to make this trade. 

Considering the Colts just got two thirds (more or less) for a guy who had a better year than Mayfield, I'm not sure where you're getting that optimism from. I suppose it's possible somebody gets desperate. I'm guessing the Browns get a second and another pick for him.

BTW, a lifelong and extremely passionate Browns fan I know just renounced the NFL entirely over the Watson trade.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, profusion said:

Considering the Colts just got two thirds (more or less) for a guy who had a better year than Mayfield, I'm not sure where you're getting that optimism from. I suppose it's possible somebody gets desperate. I'm guessing the Browns get a second and another pick for him.

Whoever acquires Mayfield wont let him walk away for nothing next year. They pretty much have to give him a new deal. After that, he is defacto "the future"

Anyone getting him is getting their franchise guy as a result. He is bringing at least a 1st rounder back.

We traded for a player who will have an opportunity to be "the future". Different levels of value.

Plus Mayfield is only like 26. That helps a lot too

Edited by FootballZombie

4 minutes ago, profusion said:

BTW, a lifelong and extremely passionate Browns fan I know just renounced the NFL entirely over the Watson trade.

I echo those thoughts on compensation for Mayfield. A first and third is too rich for a guy coming off a bad season on the field and then having the team say they want an adult at QB.   (Then they trade for the guy with 22 lawsuits from sexual assaults, but that's another story).  I'd say compensation is going to be similar to Wentz.

1 hour ago, KillBill26 said:

Fauria can straight **** the **** off 

jack off please GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

Could be.  Possible.  They met with Muma, know that via a tweet 

Yep. It'll be Muma at 11. Book it. 😁

I certainly would love to bring in Wagner at the right price for a few years. I'd still want them to take a LB in the 2nd or 3rd. Wagner would probably do wonders for the development of Jamin and a rookie. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

Joe Gibbs had us in the NFC Championship if Carlos Rodgers didn't drop that pick six against the Seahawks.  His 2.0 run was successful imo. Imo if a player is saying that about Joe Gibbs then he's salty about something in the past. We don't hear anything negative about Joe Gibbs at all or anything. 

Edited by HogsVa7
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, HogsVa7 said:

Joe Gibbs had us in the NFC Championship if Carlis Rodgers didn't drop that pick six against the Seahawks.  His 2.0 run was successful imo. 

Agreed, also considering that when spurrier abruptly resigned we were a laughing stock.  Everyone knew Snyder was a clown.  Gibbs restored order, brought back normalcy and respectability, and turned around spurriers JV fun n gun roster with Matthews and doering and expedited the process to being competitive again. Imagine if zorn had taken over that roster in 2004.   We would've been a 2 or 3 win team for a few years, maybe longer.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, RWJ said:

Joe Gibbs still has ties to this team. 

Look. I am not exactly against the Wentz move. But to claim I dont have questions is ridiculous. Franchise QB's dont get tossed in back to back off seasons. They get 50 Mill per year guaranteed in the modern NFL. I am willing to let this play out. But dont insult my intelligence by claiming there are no questions with this move. 

22 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

and she should have her skeletons on displaying 

Does she have 22+ of them?

4 hours ago, The Sean and Laron show said:

Regarding Wagner, why on earth would a HOFer on the backside of his career come here? We aren't competing for a championship anytime soon and we're frugal with contracts. 

Money.  Ron was aggressive at QB and was aggressive for cooper in the past, so he can be aggressive when he is sold on a player.   He identified MLB as a huge need.  Its not that aspect that is the big obstacle imo.

I know Wagner will get solid offers from contending teams closer to home.  That's going to be hard to beat.  Even if we outbid them, playing for a team with a better chance of success will probably be more alluring considering he already has a monster contract in his bank account.

However, maybe he looks at our defense as a young up and coming squad where he can step in and be the leader, and the missing piece to being a great defense.   Maybe he values Ron as a leader and a stand up guy.  Maybe he would love to come to a team that is starving for a winner and will forever be an icon if they win it, instead of another mercenary in a city that already has had recent success.

We can hope.  But yeah he probably has much more attractive options.

Edited by KillBill26
  • Like 1