Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

43 minutes ago, method man said:

That ship has sailed. I’d rather have Lucas back and then Trai Turner on the cheap to push Schweitzer 

I’d go for Daryl Williams who had a couple of solid years with the Bills. He’s also a player that doesn’t impact comp picks.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’d go for Daryl Williams who had a couple of solid years with the Bills. He’s also a player that doesn’t impact comp picks.

So would he come here as a backup swing man or are you suggesting RG battle with Schweitzer?  (I think someone said he has played rg and rt...)

I think it would be a good fit and maybe he considers if better options don't come, but I can understand why that didn't happen. 

1 minute ago, CommDownMan said:

So would he come here as a backup swing man or are you suggesting RG battle with Schweitzer?  (I think someone said he has played rg and rt...)

I think it would be a good fit and maybe he considers if better options don't come, but I can understand why that didn't happen. 

He’s primarily RT, played there at Carolina under Rivera and Matsko I believe, but can readily play RG too. Was a cap casualty. However we must rate Schweitzer high enough.

In short, not sure if it’s really a viable option. We may not even want a vet now. Maybe they look towards the draft. Only so many picks though.....

8 hours ago, RWJ said:

Joe Gibbs still has ties to this team. 

The more Gibbs is around as anything, that is a positive for this team. 

8 hours ago, RWJ said:

8 hours ago, RWJ said:

8 hours ago, RWJ said:

On my lord how do you delete posts!!!!!!!! SOS

• Haha 15
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

He’s primarily RT, played there at Carolina under Rivera and Matsko I believe, but can readily play RG too. Was a cap casualty. However we must rate Schweitzer high enough.

In short, not sure if it’s really a viable option. We may not even want a vet now. Maybe they look towards the draft. Only so many picks though.....

I know he's primarily RT.  With Leno and Cosmi he doesn't have a good path there.   That's why I mentioned RG.

If we could do it, it'd be basically a swing tackle move.   Consider a Cosmi issue, he goes RT.  Leno issue Cosmi LT and he goes to RT again.   If he's solid at RG there is a massive positive in the event of injury there as well.   

But without a starting guarantee or even a solid shot I think we're low on his list. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Great for what?

2 reasons. 

1. They have an so they won’t draft one this more may drop to 11 which may assist facilitate a trade down. 

2. They resigned Diggs so they are not taking a safety. I am trying to see a scenario to which K Hamilton drops to 11 or can we trade down if he is taken earlier. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sebestian said:

2 reasons. 

1. They have an so they won’t draft one this more may drop to 11 which may assist facilitate a trade down. 

2. They resigned Diggs so they are not taking a safety. I am trying to see a scenario to which K Hamilton drops to 11 or can we trade down if he is taken earlier. 

The 1st point is a good one. We have to assume the Panthers go QB at #6 at this stage. The rest is kind of up in the air. If Willis and Corral are there at #11, I would think the Steelers would come calling.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sebestian said:

2 reasons. 

Not sure how acquiring Mayfield factors at all with Hamilton, but why doesn't Seattle just trade down?

1 minute ago, Jericho said:

Not sure how acquiring Mayfield factors at all with Hamilton, but why doesn't Seattle just trade down?

Because they do not want a rookie qb based what I have read. 

Just now, sebestian said:

Because they do not want a rookie qb based what I have read. 

The second reason is also relevant. If Hamilton does not fall I prefer to trade down. This if Seattle who picks before us does not have a need for a qb. It’s possible all 5 qbs are available so making a trade possibly a little easier, all is trumped if Hamilton is there. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, profusion said:

The Browns are in a world of hurt if Watson doesn't immediately perform at the Rodgers/Brady level. Huge cap impact, no first-rounders for years to come. It's a huge gamble.

If Wentz is a bust, we move on next year. If Watson underperforms, the Browns will have (another) decade in the wilderness with no way out.

The trade isn't as bad as it looks for Cleveland. Because I'm pretty sure they can get a 1st and 3rd for Mayfield. So really it's like they gave up two 1st and a 4th for Watson. Cleveland and Phili where the 2 teams that could afford to make this trade. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

I know he's primarily RT.  With Leno and Cosmi he doesn't have a good path there.   That's why I mentioned RG.

If we could do it, it'd be basically a swing tackle move.   Consider a Cosmi issue, he goes RT.  Leno issue Cosmi LT and he goes to RT again.   If he's solid at RG there is a massive positive in the event of injury there as well.   

But without a starting guarantee or even a solid shot I think we're low on his list. 

It’d be a solid option. However, we have no idea whether Cosmi can handle LT at the NFL level. That is why option #1 should be to bring Lucas back or even bring Nsekhe aboard. You could also bring both Williams and Nsekhe in so you go:

Leno

Norwell

Roullier

Williams

Cosmi

Schweitzer

Charles

Nsekhe

Larsen

Ps:

Ismail

That’s a solid line

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, method man said:

That’s a solid line

Not sure who the name ends up being, but I assume we sign a 3rd Tackle and probably address OL with a pick between Round 4 and 7. Corn Lucas seems like a logical short-term contract guy. I'd be surprised if they don't bring him back and he signs a minimal deal elsewhere. Would indicate to me, then, that they are more interested in getting some youth and long-term solutions on the OL depth, and that they're going to go Tackle earlier in the draft, possibly Round 4 ... or earlier if we trade back and accumulate picks.

OT: Leno, Cosmi, Veteran FA, 7th Round T/G combo

OG: Norwell, Schweizer, Charles

OC: Roullier, Larsen, Ismael

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I think it would surprise just about everyone here if they wiped out that pick.  But there are cheaper FAs who wouldn't wipe the pick out and plenty of released players.  Plus if I recall after 4 weeks or so post FA all FAs do not cost compensation picks or something like that?

Dallas with another one.  For the time being we seem to be the most quiet of the 4 teams in FA. 

Doesn't seem that great a signing.  He had 3 sacks under Quinn.  He's been mostly underwhelming.  

36 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Assume he means a QB falls to us at #11. But I think there's close to a 0% chance we draft an early-round QB this year. I just can't see it after this FO essentially committed to Wentz.

No but it might help our situation if a QB drops to 11 because it would help a trade down scenario.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

57 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Assume he means a QB falls to us at #11. But I think there's close to a 0% chance we draft an early-round QB this year. I just can't see it after this FO essentially committed to Wentz.

I hope that all the QBs in this year's draft fall to us and then we have 2 or 3 teams fighting to move up to #11 to get the one they want and we get a little bounty and move down to later in the 1st and pick up a 2nd and if fortunate a 3rd rounder.  Be nice and one can dream.  :)  

2 hours ago, CommDownMan said:

This is why we MIGHT end up drafting an OG early in the draft.  Hopefully, we can find someone who is released in the several weeks for depth.

1 hour ago, sebestian said:

The more Gibbs is around as anything, that is a positive for this team

Joes a legend but he started to look out of touch in 2007. How much in tune is he with football 15 years later when the game is night and day different

Be interesting to see what Jackson got off the Panthers on that 3 year deal.

Looked at the cap situation and Wentz and WJ3 have combined roster bonuses due March of around 11mil. Simple contract rework would push 2/3rds of that out for cap purposes.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Why don't they just trade him, if he's not in their long term plans?  Such a stupid use of resources. 

I want to see if they keep him and get cap relief.  This may work out for them, but I need to see the overall math here.