Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

If you ever wanted to try your hand at being a GM and draft who you want to draft, now is a great opportunity. For those that do not know, here at ES we run a full 32 team 7 round mock draft every year. It takes about 3v weeks in total since we have participants from around the world. 

The way it works is we have 32 GMs and they select for thier team based on the draft order at time of roster lockdown (when the mock draft starts). This will be my 7th draft and it's one of the highlights of my sporting year. We always have a great group who really enjoy the draft. 

If you are interested, the link to the thread is below. Unfortunately as with everything there have to be rules. So read the rules and make sure are Ok with them and if interested let @COWBOY-KILLA- know you would like to be a GM. The teams available right now are: 

Packers 

Vikings

Bucs

Saints

49'ers 

Possibly the Patriots and the Rams. 

Hope to see you! 

• Like 1

Mike Garafolo on NFLN during the "Which Teams are a perfect match for Free Agents" segment thinks Ertz should go to the Commanders.  Said he talked to JP Finlay about it yesterday.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

It would be interesting to know what initial pay cut Collins accepted, and when we then went back with as a second pay cut request.

Still waiting to see if we are making him a pre june cut saves 6m or post june cut saving 13m. Hopefully we will start cutting, re-signing and re-doing some contracts soon, free agency starts Monday. 

I’m definitely in favour of adding a RB, TE and WR this offseason. Have been for weeks. Add to that rookie QB now. 

If we could get Ertz and somehow snag a starting safety and backer in free agency, ideal start to the 2022 roster build. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I don't want Ertz at all.  Dude is cement-slow now.  We have Bates and Logan is recovering from injury.  I'd rather resign RSJ for cheap than pay any big bucks for Ertz.

Whatever our choice, or maybe not,  I think we will be making a big mistake if we fail to add another receiving threat TE.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I don't want Ertz at all.  Dude is cement-slow now.  We have Bates and Logan is recovering from injury.  I'd rather resign RSJ for cheap than pay any big bucks for Ertz.

Ertz only works on a team friendly deal imo, maybe he wants to reunite with the QB who gave him the record for receptions by a TE in a season? Logan is recovering from injury as you stated, Ertz played decent last year for the Cards. Depends what he's asking for I suppose, not a very deep TE crop in free agency.

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Big John Bates is going to break out this year!

I liked what I saw out of Bates last year. He isn't exactly going to blow past defenders, but he had a knack for getting open. That coupled with his blocking skills should warrant more opportunities for him on the field. Perhaps become Wentz's new Ertz?

HTTR!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

Mike Garafolo on NFLN during the "Which Teams are a perfect match for Free Agents" segment thinks Ertz should go to the Commanders.  Said he talked to JP Finlay about it yesterday.

I differ with JP and do a lot of times.  Sorry. :)  I don't think this team needs to coddle Wentz.  He's a big boy mentally and physically.  RR and Co. and the world knows that Wentz is our QB1. Who else was there.  They made that known long ago.  They do however, I think need to say "You are our leader and we expect you to be and we expect big things out of you along with teaching and leading our new QB we draft so that when his time comes he's ready.".  I think we need to trade down in the 1st acquire another 2nd and get our QB with our latter 1st round pick.  I think Ridder or even Pickett might be there.  Both fit both size, arm strength to some degree Wentz.  In the 2nd you get Muma and there should be a excellent FS or WR left with the other 2nd we get with our trade down.  We will know more after FA what positions our needs will be.  With our 4th round pick we can get a good TE.  There is great depth at that position and a good one will be there in the 4th, JMO all.  :)  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Idk about this, if his price isn’t too high you can’t really manufacture the chemistry he has with Wentz, plus psychologically it really starts Wentz off on the right foot to bring in “his guy”. I wouldn’t spend a ton to do it since like you said Ertz is on the downslope. But it’s a consideration.

The other thing is that when paired with a QB they have a mind meld with like in this situation, the sapped athleticism isn’t as big a deal at all (as long as they’re generally healthy obviously). Witten was running a 5.0 40 and still eating us alive because of his knowledge of busting zones and his veteran craftiness and hands combo. It’s not the worst thing to have even when a vet TE is borderline washed, if the price is right, and buys Logan Thomas more time to recover if necessary. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Conn said:

Idk about this, if his price isn’t too high you can’t really manufacture the chemistry he has with Wentz, plus psychologically it really starts Wentz off on the right foot to bring in “his guy”. I wouldn’t spend a ton to do it since like you said Ertz is on the downslope. But it’s a consideration.

The other thing is that when paired with a QB they have a mind meld with like in this situation, the sapped athleticism isn’t as big a deal at all (as long as they’re generally healthy obviously). Witten was running a 5.0 40 and still eating us alive because of his knowledge of busting zones and his veteran craftiness and hands combo. It’s not the worst thing to have even when a vet TE is borderline washed, if the price is right, and buys Logan Thomas more time to recover if necessary. 

It's not like this team hasn't done it before.  They brought in Humphries for Fitz.

• Like 2

Ertz feels like a luxury, and we are not swimming in cap space.

We 100% gotta pick up 2 complement RBs and starting quality LB, S and WR between FA and the draft. I'm spending money in those areas before I wanna jump on luxury pick ups.

As long as Logan is on schedule, I'm good w/ a top trio of Thomas, Bates and Reyes. Add a dirt cheap guy like RSJ to get thru camp and provide injury insurance.

• Like 2

Bears are releasing Tarik Cohen. Could he be an option at RB? 

EDIT: nevermind. Apparently he hasn’t been able to pass a physical stemming from a knee injury he suffered in the 2020 season??? That occurred in week 3 of the 2020 season….how has it taken him that long to come back from that?

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

Wonder if the deep draft at receiver leads to a suppressed WR market in FA.

Possible, I see Kirk from the Cardinals and maybe cordarelle Patterson getting paid most of the other receivers got tagged.  Ty Hilton is interesting since Wentz played with him but has been battling injuries.

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

Any news on re-signing, restructures or releases, we've got to be doing something soon only 3 days till free agency? 

My concern too, Mark.  They are running out of time unless everything will be announced at one time but they got to gert their butts in gear and start doing something.  3/12 will be here before they/we know it.  Nothing since the Collins news.  :(  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, RWJ said:

My concern too, Mark.  They are running out of time unless everything will be announced at one time but they got to gert their butts in gear and start doing something.  3/12 will be here before they/we know it.  Nothing since the Collins news.  :(  

Looking at the latest Cap space we have 10.5m space. But looking at GB they are still 44m Over the cap. We should have plenty of time to sort some contracts out, now GB is another matter. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Love this idea. Wentz needs that security blanket and options on 3rd downs and short situations. Add in McKissic, Thomas, Terry, and a WR with the 11th pick. Would be nice. We also need to get a replacement for BS at RG.

• Like 1