Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

20 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

Man get Ertz, Draft best WR in 1st, kenneth Walker in the 2nd and get a MLB and FS in free agency and out Offense and Deffense would be top 10 with top 5 potential. 

Must admit I like the idea in principle of get MLB and FS in free agency then getting WR,QB and RB in the draft. Draft stacked though, so we have options. Need to see what unfolds next few days.

2 minutes ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

image.gif.731a8c4516f4f9da14228697b2959e08.gif

One of my favourite films of all time.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Est.1974 said:

Must admit I like the idea in principle of get MLB and FS in free agency then getting WR,QB and RB in the draft. Draft stacked though, so we have options. Need to see what unfolds next few days.

Do we have the cap room for both a mlb and safety? We also need to reserve a certain amount to sign draft picks and for unfirseen contingencies.

I think we will likely sign one semi-costly free agent in the first 5 days. Then a few more cheapies later in the off season.

So if given the choice would you rather we spend the money on a safety or a mlb?

It’s not that easy to suggest “just draft the following positions”, at least not for this team.

We tried our luck at QB with Haskins, RB with Guice, DE with Chase, WR with Dyami, and LB with Jamin. We struggle so bad.

Fingers crossed though.

Edited by dyst
  • Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Do we have the cap room for both a mlb and safety? We also need to reserve a certain amount to sign draft picks and for unfirseen contingencies.

I think we will likely sign one semi-costly free agent in the first 5 days. Then a few more cheapies later in the off season.

So if given the choice would you rather we spend the money on a safety or a mlb?

Yeah we can do what want with cap space. Really, I think that is overthought way too much. However, we should be cautious with restructures, not reckless. However, Rivera has traded for a QB, he wants to win now. Within 2 years. Can’t see us pissing about, must be some moves coming.

To answer the question, I’d get Williams at FS and probably Hicks at LB now. Although I do like Jermaine Carter but most think he’s 3rd tier :ols: I’d still want to draft a LB as we are seriously light there and the draft is loaded. 

Just need to go all in now. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I mentioned this the other day...intriguing

I'd really like to see a reunion of Hicks with Wentz too, HigSkin!  I mentioned in another post that Wentz has probably already talked to Ertz about Washington and I hope he has reached out to Hicks too. Both have 2-3 years of tread left I think.  

• Like 1

Make me wonder if RR and Co. were thinking about MLB and TE when they traded for Wentz.  I wonder if they knew that Wentz was good friends with both of these guys and they are needs we have in FA?  Just a thought.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I'd really like to see a reunion of Hicks with Wentz too, HigSkin!  I mentioned in another post that Wentz has probably already talked to Ertz about Washington and I hope he has reached out to Hicks too. Both have 2-3 years of tread left I think.  

I'd rather have Foye Oluokun from Atlanta. That boy is a BEAST!! 

2 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Good Morning Football did a segment on McKissic last week.

They said he will have a robust market and they listed him as a top 5 under the radar free agent.

The Skins definitely need to resign him but he knows he's valuable to other teams and he won't come cheap.

I’ll add that Washington wants to resign him, but said they’d let him (and McCain) test FA… probably due to them wanting more than Washington wants to pay.  My guess is they move on, though if money is close… who knows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Why haven't we re-upped McKissic yet? Is he not a priority? 

no doubt McKissic was an important player on the team but unfortunately for him… thats a position where you can always find the next guy…. Remember Chris Thompson and how great he was for the team… not long after we moved on from him… we found McKissic.

we will find someone else to fill his shoes in that position.

Cant pay everybody 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dyst said:

It’s not that easy to suggest “just draft the following positions”, at least not for this team.

We tried our luck at QB with Haskins, RB with Guice, DE with Chase, WR with Dyami, and LB with Jamin. We struggle so bad.

Fingers crossed though.

We also “tried our luck” with Gibson (3rd, 2020), Curl (7th round!!, 2020), McLaurin (3rd round!!, 2019), Holcomb (5th round, 2019), Settle (5th round, 2018), Roullier (6th round, 2017), and Ioannidis (5th round, 2017).

No one hits them all, but that is a pretty impressive list of multi-year starters drafted in the 3rd round or later. 

And the book is completely not written with Chase, Dyami, or Jamin.  Still time for any or all of them to show out.  

Yours is just a very bad take in this case.  

Edited by ColonialWBSkinsFan
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

no doubt McKissic was an important player on the team but unfortunately for him… thats a position where you can always find the next guy…. Remember Chris Thompson and how great he was for the team… not long after we moved on from him… we found McKissic.

we will find someone else to fill his shoes in that position.

Cant pay everybody 

I mentioned that Patterson might be our Sproles if he can catch the ball decently which I've read his pretty good at.  Anyway, RR and Co. will find a player to replace him if need be. :) 

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I mentioned that Patterson might be our Sproles if he can catch the ball decently which I've read his pretty good at.  Anyway, RR and Co. will find a player to replace him if need be. :) 

That's fair Patterson caught a couple passes near the end of the year, he can probably fill in that change of pace role.  Opens a roster spot for a rookie RB hopefully.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

3 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

That's fair Patterson caught a couple passes near the end of the year, he can probably fill in that change of pace role.  Opens a roster spot for a rookie RB hopefully.

Yep, we need to draft one around the 4th or 6th rounds.  

Edited by RWJ

3 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

MLB by far. 

• Like 2